View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 119 of 192 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1181
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,777

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I challenge anyone to make sense of that statement.
    translation you still cant argue against it, no problem i knew you couldnt because there is no argument against it

    bottom line is, if he wasnt implying man/women is the definition his point is meaningless



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes you were wrong. And you have still missed his point utterly.
    nope the point is whether my interpretation is right or yours is the fact remains what he said holds now bearing but of course you ignore that because, well, that would get in the way of you trying to deflect.



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I said nothing of the kind, you did in error.
    actually its a fact unless you can show reason why he, according to you, saying marriage has MAINLY been man/women in history is a legit reason why would should NOT continue to make it that way LMAO



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    What? You are just repeating the same thing again, already responded to this above.
    no, you DODGED it above



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You can bet, and you would loose. If I know about it, I speak out about it a refuse to let it just go on if I can.

    You don’t know me. You know very little about me. Please don’t try and guess who I am or what I am about. I know my own mind better than you.
    fine you can make this claim but then you have lots of work to do then since many laws dont line up with your interpretations of your religion, must be terrible to live in a country where we have freedom of religion instead of just practicing yours like you seem to want



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Just by posting here I am stopping you. Even if just one person reads my words and agrees, well guess what?

    Makes your statement no less a silly nonsensical rant.
    What are you talking about, you arent stopping me from anything? and as far as i can remember in this thread all you have tried to do is convince people to discriminating against gay marriage

    and its still not a rant no matter how much you want it to be it just exposes the hypocrisy your logic has and makes total sense



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If you do not offer respect, why should I offer it to you? It is a two way street and by the rules of debate, you have already lost by disrespecting me. Ad-homs are not acceptable.

    You in all cases have started with the name calling. You have gotten warnings in this thread, I have not. What does this tell you?
    Respect? who asked you to offer me respect? and where did i name call you? again you STILL dodge the question, sorry respect is me ASKING you instead of assuming like you, thats what disrespect is. You TELL me what i think, im ASKING you lol

    "I" feel it is your right to teach, believe, feel, say, think what you want about marriage, you on the other had want everyone to do has you say. Yep, man Im so disrespectful to you and call you names all the time LMAO
    "I" got warnings about name calling, just me? where I missed that?

    tells me nothing besides you still dodged the question because you seem not to want to answer



    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You are free to think what you like, it does not make it the truth or reality in any way.
    it not what i think, its a fact its discrimination and in this case reality and truth, no one in this thread has proved different.
    And in your case its clear cut hypocrisy because like i already said you want ME to do things YOUR way while i want both of us to get our way. But some how that makes me wrong? hmmmmmm
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #1182
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Ok I am getting pretty sick of this debate.

    In the end yes it is my right to try and stop it, so to bad for you. J/K

    I am certain it will come to pass some day, but not today.

    God bless you all, and have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #1183
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by sweEt Mauritius View Post
    First of all, what Bible is that? Because the term "homosexual" did not appear in print until the 1869. So right there is an example of human interpretation, and I'd love to know what the actual words were in place of "homosexual offenders" prior to 1869.

    And here's a great link written by a Biblical scholar on homosexuality and the Bible : What the Bible Says - And Doesn't Say - About Homosexuality

    In general, people DID misinterpret the Bible. Because somehow the Virginia Supreme Court interpreted that it was God's will to prevent interracial marriage. It's quite obvious that they misinterpreted God's word.

    Again, the civil rights comparison is invalid. This is an entirely different thing.

    The word in the Bible, in the original Greek, is arsenokoites. Blackdog and I were involved in an extensive arguement about the meaning of NT scripture in this context. I'm not intrested in going over it all again, if you want to read it then search up "church and homosexuality" on DP and read pages 5 to 12.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #1184
    Educator Alastor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Reality
    Last Seen
    06-08-14 @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    645

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    I have a question.

    How come the part about homosexuality is the only part of Leviticus that Christians care about?

  5. #1185
    User sweEt Mauritius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    07-15-12 @ 09:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    79

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Shame on you for assuming.

    It is a biased and has a politically driven agenda. Even read part of the mission statement.

    Would you accept evidence from the Phelps Church family website against homosexuality?
    Good point, but I personally trust someone who has studied the Bible and its historical context more than my own personal interpretation. If you don't, that's fine, but I was just giving you an example of other interpretations from someone who, biased or not, knows what they're talking about. And I honestly haven't read anything else on the site, I did a Google search and found that article, which is thoughtfully and intelligently written.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So the people were ignorant back then is why you think the interpretation is wrong? You do realize that makes no sense at all.
    I mean, for me, I think that makes perfect sense. I think people were ignorant of the concept of sexual orientation and homosexuality, so by default their interpretation of what is "natural" is wrong in my opinion. I guess they didn't observe the hundreds of animal species who engage in homosexual behavior either. That's the epitome of natural in my opinion. If you don't agree, that's fine. But that demonstrates again why a separation of church and state is so necessary, so that people like you and I are free to practice our different interpretations.

  6. #1186
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    translation you still cant argue against it, no problem i knew you couldnt because there is no argument against it

    bottom line is, if he wasnt implying man/women is the definition his point is meaningless

    nope the point is whether my interpretation is right or yours is the fact remains what he said holds now bearing but of course you ignore that because, well, that would get in the way of you trying to deflect.

    actually its a fact unless you can show reason why he, according to you, saying marriage has MAINLY been man/women in history is a legit reason why would should NOT continue to make it that way LMAO

    no, you DODGED it above

    fine you can make this claim but then you have lots of work to do then since many laws dont line up with your interpretations of your religion, must be terrible to live in a country where we have freedom of religion instead of just practicing yours like you seem to want

    What are you talking about, you arent stopping me from anything? and as far as i can remember in this thread all you have tried to do is convince people to discriminating against gay marriage

    and its still not a rant no matter how much you want it to be it just exposes the hypocrisy your logic has and makes total sense

    Respect? who asked you to offer me respect? and where did i name call you? again you STILL dodge the question, sorry respect is me ASKING you instead of assuming like you, thats what disrespect is. You TELL me what i think, im ASKING you lol

    "I" feel it is your right to teach, believe, feel, say, think what you want about marriage, you on the other had want everyone to do has you say. Yep, man Im so disrespectful to you and call you names all the time LMAO
    "I" got warnings about name calling, just me? where I missed that?

    tells me nothing besides you still dodged the question because you seem not to want to answer

    it not what i think, its a fact its discrimination and in this case reality and truth, no one in this thread has proved different.
    And in your case its clear cut hypocrisy because like i already said you want ME to do things YOUR way while i want both of us to get our way. But some how that makes me wrong? hmmmmmm
    I can sum this whole thing up for you…
    You misunderstood what Goshin said. Then you erroneously tried to say he said something he did not.

    This is now off topic and a waist of space as I have already shown you were wrong.

    End of story.

    Have a good night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #1187
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,360

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am certain it will come to pass some day, but not today.
    So essentially people who actively fight against SSM are wasting their time.
    Last edited by Your Star; 06-13-10 at 06:20 PM.

  8. #1188
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alastor View Post
    I have a question.

    How come the part about homosexuality is the only part of Leviticus that Christians care about?
    I kind of wondered that myself.

    Levi does not really apply to Christians as it was the old law for the Jews, not Gentiles. It is however a good indication of what God likes and does not like. So it can be used as a reference, but the NT is what we should be following.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #1189
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,506

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    So essentially people who actively fight SSM are wasting their time.
    No, it may take much longer than you think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #1190
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    09-20-10 @ 05:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    198

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Again, the civil rights comparison is invalid. This is an entirely different thing.

    The word in the Bible, in the original Greek, is arsenokoites. Blackdog and I were involved in an extensive arguement about the meaning of NT scripture in this context. I'm not intrested in going over it all again, if you want to read it then search up "church and homosexuality" on DP and read pages 5 to 12.
    I'm sorry but how is this NOT a civil rights issue? You are talking about a group of people who are being discriminated against for an INHERIT trait (I don't care what conservative propaganda says, when you find homosexuality in 400+ species of animals that seems pretty natural to me). This is absolutely a civil rights issue, just like african americans were discriminated against for something they couldn't control (skin color), homosexuals are being discriminated against for being born gay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •