View Poll Results: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

Voters
430. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    186 43.26%
  • Yes, explain

    244 56.74%
Page 104 of 192 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1915

Thread: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

  1. #1031
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You are, and being gay is just like someone's race. You don't get a choice in it, and it is just the way a person is.
    No it is not. Science has not found a "gay gene" although they do have evidence pointing to maybe something similar in SOME cases.

    So no it is not the same at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You say you aren't a bigot, but your post is full of bigoted comments.
    Then point them out. This is the second time I have asked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I would respect your opinion if you supported gay marriage.
    So you will disrespect me for not following my own morals, religion etc. You would however respect me if I gave up who I am and supported gay marraige.

    No thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    I know many Christians who think homosexuality is a sin, but support gay marriage because they have the common sense to know that the US is a secular nation.
    Ummmm.... I know this is a secular nation. I served 14 years altogether serving this secular nation. Don't presume to tell me about my country's government and laws. I know better than you ever will what this country is about I suspect.

    This has nothing at all to do with seperation of church and state.

    Please point out where in the Constitution it says...

    People may only support laws that have nothing to do with the morals they hold close.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    But you want to push your religious beliefs on people who may not share those same beliefs, and just want to move one with their lives.
    No, I want to follow my own conscience and remain true to myself and my God.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-11-10 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #1032
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No it is not. Science has not found a "gay gene" although they do have evidence pointing to maybe something similar in SOME cases.
    So no it is not the same at all.
    Yes it is, do you seriously believe that LGBT people would voluntarily put themselves through all the hate, and bigotry that people like you put them through?

    Then point them out. This is the second time I have asked.
    When you say that you would deny them the right to marriage, thats bigoted.


    So you will disrespect me for not following my own morals, religion etc. You would however respect me if I gave up who I am and supported gay marraige.

    No thanks.
    I could care less what you believe, but when you want push your believes on others, and oppress others because of your believes. Thats when i have issues. You can't use religion as to why something should or shouldn't be in this country.


    Ummmm.... I know this is a secular nation. I served 14 years altogether serving this secular nation. Don't presume to tell me about my country's government and laws. I know better than you ever will what this country is about I suspect.

    This has nothing at all to do with seperation of church and state.

    Please point out where in the Constitution it says...
    Thank you for your service, but that doesn't make your views better than mine.
    It has everything to do with separation between Church, and State. Tell me, would we be having this debate if religion never mentioned marriage, and it was solely a government run, and endorsed institution?

    People may only support laws that have nothing to do with the morals they hold close.
    No, I want to follow my own conscience and remain true to myself and my God.
    The first amendment, if you have beliefs that cause you to belief that some people are inferior, than fine. But if you try to push legislation to make that belief government policy, then sorry the first amendment steps in and stops you. This country is based on the premise that ALL men are created equal, not just people that the major religion in this country say is equal.

  3. #1033
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yes it is, do you seriously believe that LGBT people would voluntarily put themselves through all the hate, and bigotry that people like you put them through?

    When you say that you would deny them the right to marriage, thats bigoted.

    I could care less what you believe, but when you want push your believes on others, and oppress others because of your believes. Thats when i have issues. You can't use religion as to why something should or shouldn't be in this country.

    Thank you for your service, but that doesn't make your views better than mine.
    It has everything to do with separation between Church, and State. Tell me, would we be having this debate if religion never mentioned marriage, and it was solely a government run, and endorsed institution?

    The first amendment, if you have beliefs that cause you to belief that some people are inferior, than fine. But if you try to push legislation to make that belief government policy, then sorry the first amendment steps in and stops you. This country is based on the premise that ALL men are created equal, not just people that the major religion in this country say is equal.
    When you are ready to debate we will continue. Ranting and hyperbole are not debate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #1034
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    When you are ready to debate we will continue. Ranting and hyperbole are not debate.
    In other words I win

  5. #1035
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    In other words I win
    No. You contribute nothing to the thread and make personal attacks. That is not a debate and nothing to win for anyone.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-11-10 at 01:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #1036
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Here's what I see. Blackdog thinks homosexuality is a sin. Because of this he thinks that gays shouldn't be able to marry. Your star thinks that is oppressive to gays. From what little I have read of this thread, that's what I see here. Blackdog thinks it's wrong because of his personal beliefs and Your star thinks he wants to tell others how to live based on his personal morality.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  7. #1037
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,494

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Here's what I see. Blackdog thinks homosexuality is a sin.
    Yes

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Because of this he thinks that gays shouldn't be able to marry.
    I challenge anyone to point out where I have said this? It should not be called marriage, I fully support civil unions for gays. If you had read my earlier posts you would have known this.

    You are doing exactly the same thing others continue to do. Assume I have said something based on later posts and not the total of my debates or even close to the point I was making.

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    Your star thinks that is oppressive to gays. From what little I have read of this thread, that's what I see here. Blackdog thinks it's wrong because of his personal beliefs and Your star thinks he wants to tell others how to live based on his personal morality.
    Not correct on my end.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-11-10 at 02:01 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #1038
    Educator Black_Zawisza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    12-20-13 @ 04:15 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    604

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Er, Blackdog's kinda right. You really aren't doing a whole lot of debating.

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Yes it is, do you seriously believe that LGBT people would voluntarily put themselves through all the hate, and bigotry that people like you put them through?
    I don't recall any point at which Blackdog said he hates LGBT people. Know why? It's because he never did. Love the argumentum ad hominem there.

    When you say that you would deny them the right to marriage, thats bigoted.
    Everybody can already marry. It's just that they can't marry whomever they want. The same restrictions apply to everybody, sorry.

    I could care less what you believe, but when you want push your believes on others, and oppress others because of your believes. Thats when i have issues. You can't use religion as to why something should or shouldn't be in this country.
    You believe that murder is wrong, presumably. Do you think that you and 99% of the population has the right to force serial killers to conform to your beliefs?

    Zing.
    Thank you for your service, but that doesn't make your views better than mine.
    It has everything to do with separation between Church, and State. Tell me, would we be having this debate if religion never mentioned marriage, and it was solely a government run, and endorsed institution?
    A fair point. For most people? Unlikely.

    The first amendment, if you have beliefs that cause you to belief that some people are inferior, than fine. But if you try to push legislation to make that belief government policy, then sorry the first amendment steps in and stops you. This country is based on the premise that ALL men are created equal, not just people that the major religion in this country say is equal.
    Argument is fail. With laws against homosexual marriage, everyone has exactly the same privileges. Heterosexual men can't marry each other either, you know.

    Oh, and as for the First Amendment? Read the bloody Constitution before you start citing it.

    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit the free exercise thereof."

    In other words, U.S. Congress cannot institute a national church or keep people from practicing their religion.

    I beg of you: do the rest of us a favor and abstain from voting until you pass a high school course in US History.
    Last edited by Black_Zawisza; 06-11-10 at 02:08 AM.

  9. #1039
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I challenge anyone to point out where I have said this? It should not be called marriage, I fully support civil unions for gays. If you had read my earlier posts you would have known this.
    Oh, it's a semantic argument. You want a special term for it. I don't see what the point is other than to try to disassociate gay couples from hetero ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You are doing exactly the same thing others continue to do. Assume I have said something based on later posts and not the total of my debates or even close to the point I was making.
    Sorry, I'm not reading a hundred plus pages of this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not correct on my end.
    I understand where you are coming from now.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  10. #1040
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: Gay Marriage, is it right to stop it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Zawisza View Post
    In other words, U.S. Congress cannot institute a national church or keep people from practicing their religion.

    I beg of you: do the rest of us a favor and abstain from voting until you pass a high school course in US History.
    Gay marriage won't infringe on anyone's right to practice their religion.

    Let's not delve into personal attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •