View Poll Results: Which of the following statements do you agree with?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • America is becoming more and more racist

    5 10.00%
  • America isn't becoming any more racist but racists in America are becoming more and more vocal

    27 54.00%
  • America is no more or less racist today that it has ever been

    20 40.00%
  • America is not a racist country and never has been

    5 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 169

Thread: Racism in America

  1. #151
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Racism in America

    My Hood has Folks of all colors. And we all get along just fine. ---Losers blame their misfortune on their Race. The most successful business owner here, and my good Friend, happens to be Black.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Racism in America

    You have a black friend? That makes you an expert on all things race-related.

  3. #153
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Racism in America

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    Race is getting more and more difficult to discuss this doesent mean there is less racism out there though.

    It means that Political Correctness is on the rise.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #154
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Racism in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I can dispute something you haven't provided facts for. You say (insert problem here) was caused by racism. Yet provide no proof that racism is the cause and not some other factor.
    Its the equivalent of me countering saying its caused by a squirrel. With no facts as to how the squirrel caused the problem.
    I alleged that the phenomenon of the drug trade and related violence in the Black community could be attributed in large part to racism, both historic and current. I again pose the question to you: why do Blacks lag behind in wealth? (for every dollar an average white family has, an average Black family has 10 cents in wealth) Why do Blacks make up such an astounding portion of the prison population? (A Black American is 6.4 times more likely to be incarcerated than a white American).

    What variable are we talking about? Why do Black people end up exactly where you don't want to be in every demographic and poll? The poorest, the least educated, the most incarcerated, the least hopeful, the most oppressed? Well it seems that the one constant connector is race, yes? And what variables act on you depending on your race? Racism comes to mind. You may say culture. I'd say history. The latter two are shaped in large degree by race relations.

    Keep in mind: Race as we know it is a modern invention of capitalism. There is nothing fundamentally different between Blacks, whites, Asians or Hispanics biologically that can justify this shameful state of affairs. Race does not determine a man's worth, abilities, intelligence or drive to succeed. So the very fact that there are these huge discrepancies between the various races points glaringly to racism being alive and well in our society. As I see it, you can see the plight and struggles and desperation of the Black community and see it as a result of oppression and racism--both historic and current, Or you can believe that it is just and right because of white supremacy. Give me another explanation. Please.
    Last edited by faminedynasty; 05-07-10 at 01:48 AM.
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Racism in America

    I alleged that the phenomenon of the drug trade and related violence in the Black community could be attributed in large part to racism, both historic and current. I again pose the question to you: why do Blacks lag behind in wealth? (for every dollar an average white family has, an average Black family has 10 cents in wealth) Why do Blacks make up such an astounding portion of the prison population? (A Black American is 6.4 times more likely to be incarcerated than a white American).
    White privilege and systematic racism?

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Racism in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It means that Political Correctness is on the rise.
    I bet you can't say that three times, fast.

  7. #157
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Racism in America

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    I alleged that the phenomenon of the drug trade and related violence in the Black community could be attributed in large part to racism, both historic and current. I again pose the question to you: why do Blacks lag behind in wealth? (for every dollar an average white family has, an average Black family has 10 cents in wealth) Why do Blacks make up such an astounding portion of the prison population? (A Black American is 6.4 times more likely to be incarcerated than a white American).

    What variable are we talking about? Why do Black people end up exactly where you don't want to be in every demographic and poll? The poorest, the least educated, the most incarcerated, the least hopeful, the most oppressed? Well it seems that the one constant connector is race, yes? And what variables act on you depending on your race? Racism comes to mind. You may say culture. I'd say history. The latter two are shaped in large degree by race relations.

    Keep in mind: Race as we know it is a modern invention of capitalism. There is nothing fundamentally different between Blacks, whites, Asians or Hispanics biologically that can justify this shameful state of affairs. Race does not determine a man's worth, abilities, intelligence or drive to succeed. So the very fact that there are these huge discrepancies between the various races points glaringly to racism being alive and well in our society. As I see it, you can see the plight and struggles and desperation of the Black community and see it as a result of oppression and racism--both historic and current, Or you can believe that it is just and right because of white supremacy. Give me another explanation. Please.

    There you go again.

    Because it is happening.... it must be racism.

    No reason WHY its racism. Just, its racism.

    Let me ask you this. How did we come to have successful blacks if racism is "holdin' da black man dowwwn" ??

    There are, in numbers, alot more poor whites in America then there are blacks. Who is "holdin' them down"???

    Its all about motivation to succeed, holding true to family values, good parenting, and a desire to work hard to achieve goals. Some people have it, some people don't. Not to mention a lack of respect for your fellow man (white black hispanic asian arabic etc) or a lack of respect for the laws could land you in jail, or dead, regardless of your color.

    You've yet again stated that because there is a disparity in racial statistics the answer MUST be racism. Its not.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #158
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Racism in America

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There you go again.

    Because it is happening.... it must be racism.

    No reason WHY its racism. Just, its racism.
    I explained it pretty clearly, but I'll be extra-patient, just for you. I pointed out that the discrepencies of income, education, prison rate, etc among the races suggests that racism has an impact on society. That's pretty straight forward. The variable in the descrepancies is race. The primary explanation is racism. There are other variables, ie where people live, their socio-economic factors, but these other variables have been impacted by racism as well. If you can think of some variable that explains the discrepencies between the demographics of the races, other than race, please, I am begging you, tell me what it is.
    Let me ask you this. How did we come to have successful blacks if racism is "holdin' da black man dowwwn" ??
    Thank you for the elegant dialect joke. That's nice. Now in all seriousness, you must surely know that this anecdotal attempt at refuting my argument is absurd. Are you suggesting that if ANY Black men succeed that there is no oppression of Black men? I believe in the era of slavery, Black people were pretty highly oppressed. You would agree, yes? And yet Fredrick Douglass succeeded as a political leader, orator and author. How could he have possibly have succeeded if he were oppressed? Do you conclude that he was not oppressed?
    My answer is that there are many extremely smart, talented and driven Black people in this country who manage to succeed in spite of the many obstacles they face. Also, Black culture and community, all things considered has done a fairly good job of providing strategies for success in an oppressive nation.
    There are, in numbers, alot more poor whites in America then there are blacks. Who is "holdin' them down"???
    I didn't say that the USA was a great place to be a working class white man. Working class white people are also oppressed. Of course, Black poor and working class people are doubly oppressed, thus the percentages make Black people much more likely to be poor. As a matter of fact, racism against Blacks and other minorities only hurts white working class people by weakening the working class as a whole, drives down their wages and limits their political power. Who is holding down working class whites? The same people holding down all poor and working class people: the ruling class.
    Its all about motivation to succeed, holding true to family values, good parenting, and a desire to work hard to achieve goals. Some people have it, some people don't. Not to mention a lack of respect for your fellow man (white black hispanic asian arabic etc) or a lack of respect for the laws could land you in jail, or dead, regardless of your color.
    So why is it then that so many Blacks, as you have it, lack the "motivation to succeed, holding true to family values", etc? Please offer an answer without appealing to race or racism. Why does the "some people have it, some people don't" thing also have huge statistical discrepencies based on race? I'm dying to know.
    Last edited by faminedynasty; 05-07-10 at 06:24 PM.
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

  9. #159
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Racism in America

    constantly making excuses is a sure fire way to stay mired in poverty

    Most people in this country are here because someone in their past was not happy with their lot. Not too many kings or queens counts or Dukes came to this country



  10. #160
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Racism in America

    I chose the third option; human filth like Duke, Buchanan, Black, Farakhan, Jackson, Sharpton, etc have become relevant again because of Obama becoming elected and illegal immigration. Race is all these pieces of **** have in order to gain attention.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •