View Poll Results: Are You Against this bill or for it?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Against it

    13 37.14%
  • For it

    19 54.29%
  • Other

    3 8.57%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

  1. #11
    Student Pal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    06-28-10 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    211

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I don't recall making a request (and certainly not one that even the most thin skinned lib would call childish or arrogant)

    and I have no problem profiling a group that is most likely to be engaged in the targeted illegal behaviour
    I was actually referring to Jamesrage's repeated requests that I look through the bill and find the section I was referring to. I say childish because I think he assumed I would be too lazy or too confused by the language of the bill to come up with anything to support my claims, and his repeated request that I quote the bill supports that. I see how that was unclear though from my multi-quoting, my bad.

  2. #12
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    I was actually referring to Jamesrage's repeated requests that I look through the bill and find the section I was referring to. I say childish because I think he assumed I would be too lazy or too confused by the language of the bill to come up with anything to support my claims, and his repeated request that I quote the bill supports that. I see how that was unclear though from my multi-quoting, my bad.
    No problem

    we're cool



  3. #13
    User jacksbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    05-23-12 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    103

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    Sure glads those republicans believe in smaller less intrusive government.
    Should I carry my birth certificate with me if I plan to drive through Arizona? Just more republican stupidity. They're the ones that created the problem with their anti labor profit driven corporate policies that opened the flood gate for the illegal labor and their profits. Now that they're here, once again, they play politics with the problem they created. We chugged along just fine without a stupid fence between us and our neighbors to the south for years, now they think that will fix the problem. Typical backward republican thinking. It's as stupid as the Arizona law.

  4. #14
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,683

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    Quote Originally Posted by jacksbrat View Post
    Sure glads those republicans believe in smaller less intrusive government.
    Should I carry my birth certificate with me if I plan to drive through Arizona? Just more republican stupidity. They're the ones that created the problem with their anti labor profit driven corporate policies that opened the flood gate for the illegal labor and their profits. Now that they're here, once again, they play politics with the problem they created. We chugged along just fine without a stupid fence between us and our neighbors to the south for years, now they think that will fix the problem. Typical backward republican thinking. It's as stupid as the Arizona law.
    yawn

    dems want all those illegals so they can register them to vote dem bribed by promises of government handouts



  5. #15
    User jacksbrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Last Seen
    05-23-12 @ 11:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    103

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    yawn

    dems want all those illegals so they can register them to vote dem bribed by promises of government handouts
    Republicans want them just for the cheap labor and braking unions. Now that labor laws are again being enforced again and republicans can't use them any more they want to criminalize them and use them for politics. So much for the "moral Christian" party.

  6. #16
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    Funny how one post claims the law contains nothing that will foster racial profiling, and the next simply says that racial profiling is justified. But, since you asked, here is the passage of concern that will promote racial profiling. Excuse the caps, I copied it directly as per your childishly arrogant request.
    That post did not prove racial profiling.Nice try though.And libs like to accuse conservatives of fear mongering.


    If your argument was that this section did not exist, then you've failed because this is what I was referring to, and this is what everyone is referring to. If your argument is that this will not lead to racial profiling then that's your opinion, and I can't prove to you that it will before the law goes into affect, but anyone with half a brain can see what its intent is and how it will be implemented[/B].
    Wouldn't a LAWFUL CONTACT MADE BY A LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIAL mean that basically the police have to stop you for something else like speeding, an arrest,perhaps a road block and etc?
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #17
    Student E_Pluribus_Venom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    12-31-13 @ 05:20 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    187

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    and I have no problem profiling a group that is most likely to be engaged in the targeted illegal behaviour
    What racial background do you belong to if you don't mind me asking. I'd like to test that theory of yours.

  8. #18
    Student jr602az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix,Az USA
    Last Seen
    12-29-10 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    162

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    Quote Originally Posted by Pal View Post
    It's disgusting. This law is going to promote racial profiling and is going to trample on the civil rights of many, whether they're illegal or not. The law says a policeman can detain anyone he suspects to be an illegal if they can't provide proof of legal US residency. Imagine an American citizen being detained because they didn't happen to be carrying any ID, simply because some cop thought they looked Mexican. It's disgusting. Hopefully some of this legal action that's being taken will do something about it.
    Yea i hope Obama ends it, but i heard he cant end it this year but maybe next year, idk. And did you know that Arizona is gonna build new prisons because of this new ridiculous law. man in America we have the most prisoners in the world and now were f****d. Now we gonna throw more people in prison because of having no stupid ID or looking illegal, who doesn't look illegal, Mexicans. This bill passed so fast and it's so racist that it was kept secret from public.
    Last edited by jr602az; 04-26-10 at 05:03 AM.
    Click On The Link Below To Visit My YouTube Channel & If You Have A YouTube Account, Please Subscribe.
    Thank You Enjoy
    http://www.YouTube.com/MarijuanaCommunity

  9. #19
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    I support the idea but feel it will be found unconstitutional and will never take affect.

    A serious question to those against such laws. How would you remove illegal immigrants from the US? Obviously to do so you have to prove they are not legal US citizens. How can we achieve this unless we ask people to prove they are here lawfully? I dont think illegals will voluntarily notify the authorities. I see no easy solution, someone is going to get rubbed the wrong way if action is taken.

  10. #20
    White trash on dope.
    d0gbreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Denton, TX
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,875

    Re: Arizona New Enforcement Immigration Bill Passed & Signed

    How many arrested Mexican-Americans will it take to bring down this law with lawsuits?

    Probably only one. The Arizona lawyers will be looking for that one.

    We can't fine the employers of illegals because they claim to not be experts in the immigration field. But now, the police are expected to be the experts? No, not experts, just arrest Mexicans. You'll be excused for the ones you get wrong by the laws of Arizona. This will never last.
    Last edited by d0gbreath; 04-26-10 at 09:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Light View Post
    The systems that ensure freedom and liberty are breaking down and fundamentalism is growing. Nobody is righteous anymore.


Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •