View Poll Results: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Paul

    268 79.06%
  • Barack Obama

    60 17.70%
  • Neither

    11 3.24%
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 236

Thread: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

  1. #41
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    How can there be a "neither" choice if only two are running?
    Either third party or not voting I assume.

  2. #42
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,271

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    That option wasn't provided.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #43
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I don't really support Ron Paul, in fact I despise his foreign policy. However I'd rather have him in office over Obama.
    Its easy to support waring all over the world when you dont have to go.

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Wait what? Sympathize with nation building? My biggest beef with Paul is his stance on Israel and the War on Terror.
    When did Israel become a US state?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    America wasn't the only nation that believed Iraq had WMDs. We went to war while much of the world had good reason to believe that Sadam had them.

    And Israel can take care of itself, but we should help them considering the Arab nationalism that wants to eradicate them.
    The Israeli's took on the whole Arab world (who were all backed by the Soviet Union) before and won. Round 2 wont end as well for the Arab world as it did last time.

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    What is Paul's foreign policy, if any ?
    Staying out of everyone else's business and not using our military to babysit our pissant allies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    Well, if he ends up in office, then he will have to leave his libeterian policies, because they won't get through congress and won't be popular among ordinary people. However, I could imagine Ron Paul would do a lot more about the national debt than Obama does at the moment who is spending much more than Bush did. Right now, I think the national debt is the biggest problem.
    I rather have a president who sticks to his guns and gets nothing than someone who compromises in order to show the public he/she did something.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  4. #44
    User Progressive86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    08-10-10 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    95

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Though I'm on the left of the political spectrum, I would support Ron Paul over Pres. Obama because I feel that if Ron Paul were in office he'd actually be focused on getting things done rather than trying to appease both sides all the time. Also unlike Obama, I actually agree with Ron Paul on social issues and foreign policy, Only difference I have with him though is his stance on some domestic policies.
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

  5. #45
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive86 View Post
    Though I'm on the left of the political spectrum, I would support Ron Paul over Pres. Obama because I feel that if Ron Paul were in office he'd actually be focused on getting things done rather than trying to appease both sides all the time. Also unlike Obama, I actually agree with Ron Paul on social issues and foreign policy, Only difference I have with him though is his stance on some domestic policies.
    .... Name a single issue in which any president has ever gotten their way simply because they're focused on 'getting things done'? Even George Washington had to shut the hell up when it came to freeing slaves.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #46
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I'd vote for Sarah Palin LOOOOOONG before I vote for Ron Paul.
    Let's not get completely crazy.... at least Paul isn't ignorant.

  7. #47
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive86 View Post
    Though I'm on the left of the political spectrum, I would support Ron Paul over Pres. Obama because I feel that if Ron Paul were in office he'd actually be focused on getting things done rather than trying to appease both sides all the time. Also unlike Obama, I actually agree with Ron Paul on social issues and foreign policy, Only difference I have with him though is his stance on some domestic policies.
    I think Obama's "getting things done" track record is actually pretty good. He just has a lot to do, but he is knocking things off the punch list.

  8. #48
    User Progressive86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    08-10-10 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    95

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    .... Name a single issue in which any president has ever gotten their way simply because they're focused on 'getting things done'? Even George Washington had to shut the hell up when it came to freeing slaves.
    I'm not saying that it happens like that, But with Pres. Obama it just seems as if he's not willing to take charge whenever his Republican counterparts oppose what he's trying to do. Instead of sticking to his values, he'll just give them whatever they want just so everyone can be satisfied. That type of approach is counterproductive if you ask me.
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

  9. #49
    User Progressive86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    08-10-10 @ 10:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    95

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    I think Obama's "getting things done" track record is actually pretty good. He just has a lot to do, but he is knocking things off the punch list.
    Well that's your opinion but I disagree with that mainly because on most of the major issues I was hoping for him to deal with he's failed to address them (such as: Ending the War in Iraq, Repealing The Patriot Act (which now he supports by the way), Closing Guantonimo Bay etc...).
    "The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism - ownership of government by an individual, by a group." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

  10. #50
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,068

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Progressive86 View Post
    Well that's your opinion but I disagree with that mainly because on most of the major issues I was hoping for him to deal with he's failed to address them (such as: Ending the War in Iraq, Repealing The Patriot Act (which now he supports by the way), Closing Guantonimo Bay etc...).
    The War in Iraq is winding down. He never pledged to repeal the Patriot Act, so you can't count that against (though I agree with you that it was an outrage); he is behind schedule on Guantanamo, but I do believe he is committed to getting rid of it.

    He did get a new liberal justice appointed; passed health care (as watered down as it was, at least it is a bill that no other Prez could get and a big step in the right direction); he will get Wall Street reform (probably also watered down); he presided over one of the worst financial crises in US history and has generally pulled America through; he has knocked off something on the order of 15 out of the 22 Al Qaeda most wanted without starting another war to do so.... I think he is actually getting things done.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •