View Poll Results: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

Voters
339. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Paul

    268 79.06%
  • Barack Obama

    60 17.70%
  • Neither

    11 3.24%
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 236

Thread: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

  1. #161
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    So basically, it's easy to ridicule people because they are different than you?
    Different is ok, nuts is something else. Shall we take a look at a few:

    -Abortion is murder.--only if murder means something other than murder. Can't change the definition of words for the sake of making a point

    -Define life at conception in law, as scientific statement.--No, since actually the egg and sperm are alive beforehand. Science is not something you can make up

    -Repeal 16th Amendment and get rid of the income tax. --Ummm...yeah. That will work so well

    -Civil Rights Act was more about property than race relations.--maybe in a parallel universe.

    -School prayer is not a federal issue. --Apparently the first amendment does not exist in Paul's universe.

    Do I need to go on?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #162
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Different is ok, nuts is something else. Shall we take a look at a few:

    -Abortion is murder.--only if murder means something other than murder. Can't change the definition of words for the sake of making a point

    -Define life at conception in law, as scientific statement.--No, since actually the egg and sperm are alive beforehand. Science is not something you can make up
    He believes than human life begins at conception and he is right, that is were humans start but he has his own beliefs.
    If you want to discredit him, do so with facts.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    -Repeal 16th Amendment and get rid of the income tax. --Ummm...yeah. That will work so well
    Why? Explain, just saying it won't doesn't mean anything.
    Your entire argument is meaningless, without content.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    -Civil Rights Act was more about property than race relations.--maybe in a parallel universe.
    Again, why?
    What is wrong with it, explain yourself otherwise your arguments are more worthless than anything he professes, regardless of it is true or not.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    -School prayer is not a federal issue. --Apparently the first amendment does not exist in Paul's universe.

    Do I need to go on?
    Yes, simply ridiculing someone is not sufficient and if you're not willing to rebut his arguments with factual information, your arguments are meaningless and empty.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  3. #163
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    He believes than human life begins at conception and he is right, that is were humans start but he has his own beliefs.
    If you want to discredit him, do so with facts.
    I did discredit him. His comments where over the top hyperbole. Abortion is only murder if murder means something other than it does. Life does not begin at conception, at most it changes, so his "scientific" statement is not scientific. I understand his position, but his comments are factually inaccurate in the way they are stated, which you do not address.

    Why? Explain, just saying it won't doesn't mean anything.
    Your entire argument is meaningless, without content.
    Because change at this point of something that large and fundamental to the country would be incredibly destructive.

    Again, why?
    What is wrong with it, explain yourself otherwise your arguments are more worthless than anything he professes, regardless of it is true or not.
    Ummm...because it was not primarily about property? Only libertarians would see equal rights legislation and think "ohm property".


    Yes, simply ridiculing someone is not sufficient and if you're not willing to rebut his arguments with factual information, your arguments are meaningless and empty.
    The reason school prayer is a federal issue is because we have the first amendment. I would not think this would be hard to understand.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did discredit him. His comments where over the top hyperbole. Abortion is only murder if murder means something other than it does. Life does not begin at conception, at most it changes, so his "scientific" statement is not scientific. I understand his position, but his comments are factually inaccurate in the way they are stated, which you do not address.
    He believes that human life begins at conception and that abortion is ending human life, there for it should be classified as murder.
    You may not agree with it but that is what he believes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Because change at this point of something that large and fundamental to the country would be incredibly destructive.
    Says you but it is really true?
    That's not a factual rebuttal.

    Edit: there are many states without income taxes, are they fundamentally destroyed?
    Wouldn't your argument be considered hyperbole?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ummm...because it was not primarily about property? Only libertarians would see equal rights legislation and think "ohm property".
    It was about property, it was telling people what they were allowed to do with their property.


    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The reason school prayer is a federal issue is because we have the first amendment. I would not think this would be hard to understand.
    I'm familiar with his position and he thinks that the government should neither endorse, nor restrict prayer at schools.

    Follows the 1st amendment just fine.
    Last edited by Harry Guerrilla; 04-22-11 at 05:45 PM.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  5. #165
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Ron Paul. DUH!!!!!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  6. #166
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is in fact just such a history: Ron Paul on the Issues
    It is mentally unstable to suggest we imprison individuals for possessing a plant? Is it mentally unstable to suggest killing people to teach that killing is wrong? Is it mentally unstable to suggest stealing from those that have to provide (often after we skim from the top) for those that do not? Is it mentally unstable to suggest we bomb and kill hundreds of thousands of civilians in a faraway land in order to put fear in the hearts of terrorists? Is it mentally unstable to monopolize an industry and then claim you're against monopolies?

    Is it mentally unstable to vote and elect an individual whose platform entails every one of these suggestions?

  7. #167
    Mr. Professional
    Mensch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Last Seen
    08-24-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,666
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I did discredit him. His comments where over the top hyperbole. Abortion is only murder if murder means something other than it does. Life does not begin at conception, at most it changes, so his "scientific" statement is not scientific. I understand his position, but his comments are factually inaccurate in the way they are stated, which you do not address.
    Though I am personally pro-choice, I can't help but think that life does not begin only after birth. Let's take an example of a pregnant woman who has been pregant for longer than 3 months. Is it a boy, is it a girl, or is it just an it? If life truly begins at birth, then what stops you from supporting the legalization of partial-birth abortions or abortions at the tail-end of a pregnany? After all, if our consideration of when life begins is ultimate indicator of when we should allow and/or prohibit abortion, then "the ability of the fetus to live outside the womb" becomes irrelevant.

  8. #168
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Of course life begins at conception, human life, of course,.....Ron Paul is correct.
    Abortion means killing this life, but it cannot be "murder", as abortion has been declared to be legal.
    At one time, 10 years ago, I'd say "yes", it is murder..
    But I was wrong.....There are many people who value their privacy and choice over human life, sad, but that is the way it is.
    We simply need a better people....maybe in another 100 years, this cannot be forced.
    Would I want a Ron Paul, or any libertarian for President ?
    Hell no !

  9. #169
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    -Abortion is murder.--only if murder means something other than murder. Can't change the definition of words for the sake of making a point
    Gay marriage. While I support it, it's most certainly changing the definition of words for the sake of making a point

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    -Define life at conception in law, as scientific statement.--No, since actually the egg and sperm are alive beforehand. Science is not something you can make up
    Words to remember. Science does not say that the egg and sperm aren't "alive". But it certainly says the conceived zygote is human

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    -Repeal 16th Amendment and get rid of the income tax. --Ummm...yeah. That will work so well
    That's all you got on this one? Weak as ****. Please come up with an actual argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    -Civil Rights Act was more about property than race relations.--maybe in a parallel universe.
    You sure it ain't? Or is this merely the way you wish to view the topic?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    -School prayer is not a federal issue. --Apparently the first amendment does not exist in Paul's universe.
    HAHAHA. I am a most devout atheist, I want secular government as well. Prayer in school is not a federal issue. People should be more than free to pray in school so long as they do not force others.

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do I need to go on?
    Yes please, because what you have thus far is the weakest of weak sauce. I'd like some actual, intellectually honest, and well thought out reasons. Not knee jerk reactions and tripe with as little actual debate and information as possible.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #170
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Ron Paul vs Barack Obama

    I agree with Ron Paul's foreign policy but the rest of his ideas are just insane to me..


Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •