View Poll Results: Read Thread Questions (Two questions)

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Q1. Yes

    53 89.83%
  • Q1. No

    8 13.56%
  • Q1. I don't know

    1 1.69%
  • Q1. Other

    2 3.39%
  • Q2. Yes

    4 6.78%
  • Q2. No

    52 88.14%
  • Q2. I don't know

    2 3.39%
  • Q2. Other

    1 1.69%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 147

Thread: South Park Mohammad Censored

  1. #41
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Trey and Matt achieved their goal for South Park's 200th anniversary show: they made people think!
    Yes. And it's not like they had any illusions that it wouldn't be censored. THEY are the ones who put Mohammed in a bear suit after all. How come nobody is bashing them for not actually showing Mohammed in their show?

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Like I said, if you think Comedy Central shouldn't have done that, why don't you draw a picture of Muhammed and post it somewhere with your name and address?

    Comedy Central is a business. A comedy business. They have a duty to their owners/shareholders not to risk getting blown up by terrorists over a few bleeps in a show. It's not their job to risk that to stand up for freedom and justice and all that crap. It's their job to make us laugh.
    It is their right. However, it's my right to say they are chicken ****s who should move to Belgium with the rest of the Islamo-fanatic appeasing chicken****s.

  3. #43
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    It is their right. However, it's my right to say they are chicken ****s who should move to Belgium with the rest of the Islamo-fanatic appeasing chicken****s.
    So have you posted a drawing of Mohammed with your name and address to a website or poster somewhere, you big strong brave man?

    Or should you move to Belgium? (I think you mean the Netherlands though).

  4. #44
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yes. And it's not like they had any illusions that it wouldn't be censored. THEY are the ones who put Mohammed in a bear suit after all. How come nobody is bashing them for not actually showing Mohammed in their show?
    They actually revealed to us that Mohammad had never been in the bear suit and challenged us to decide whether it mattered or not. Was it okay that it was Santa after all? Did it matter that they depicted a U-Haul where presumably Mohammad was in the back? They are not making this easy on us or their management, are they?
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  5. #45
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    They actually revealed to us that Mohammad had never been in the bear suit and challenged us to decide whether it mattered or not. Was it okay that it was Santa after all? Did it matter that they depicted a U-Haul where presumably Mohammad was in the back? They are not making this easy on us or their management, are they?
    Nope. They never do.

    But I still find it funny that everyone is bashing the network when most of the censorship was self-censorship. Nobody's calling the creators cowards for not showing Muhammed in the first place (knowing it would be censored by the network anyway, of course).

  6. #46
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    Two Questions:

    Q1. Should Comedy Central have allowed a cartoon depiction of Mohammad to be aired on South Park?
    Yes

    Q2. Should Comedy Central have bleeped the name "Mohammad" throughout the episode, and then bleep over a minute of dialogue? (this is what they did)
    No

    State your reason.
    If you are going to allow all kinds of groups of people, religions, political figures and religious figures to be poked fun at then no one should be exempt. Plus no one should cave to a bunch of terrorist scum.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #47
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If you are going to allow all kinds of groups of people, religions, political figures and religious figures to be poked fun at then no one should be exempt. Plus no one should cave to a bunch of terrorist scum.
    I dare you to post a drawing of Mohammed, clearly labeled as such, with your name and home address here, tough guy.

  8. #48
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Nope. They never do.

    But I still find it funny that everyone is bashing the network when most of the censorship was self-censorship.
    No most of it was not self censored. Muhammad in a bear suit or not is not censorship. They did not self censor.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Nobody's calling the creators cowards for not showing Muhammed in the first place (knowing it would be censored by the network anyway, of course).
    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTsR820ofEQ&feature=related"]YouTube- South Park Mohammed[/nomedia]

    In another episode they did show Muhammad. They did NOT expect any censoring outside of the fake censoring they did for a laugh and to make a point.

    Actualy watch the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #49
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I dare you to post a drawing of Mohammed, clearly labeled as such, with your name and home address here, tough guy.
    Many would do it. But we can't, not because of Muslims, but because of Internet stalkers, identity theft or nut cases possibly like your self.

    Why do you want Jamesrage's address so bad? Hmmmmmm???

    PS plus it is against DP rules.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-23-10 at 01:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #50
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: South Park Mohammad Censored

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No most of it was not self censored. Muhammad in a bear suit or not is not censorship. They did not self censor.
    Yes, that's exactly what it was. Of course it was.

    In another episode they did show Muhammad.
    Did you see him on Comedy Central though? Or was he censored? Was the network happy?

    They did NOT expect any censoring outside of the fake censoring they did for a laugh and to make a point.
    No, they cleverly turned self-censorship into a show with a point. You didn't catch that?
    Last edited by misterman; 04-23-10 at 01:03 PM.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •