View Poll Results: Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Introvert

    41 66.13%
  • Extrovert

    8 12.90%
  • Neither

    9 14.52%
  • Don't Know

    4 6.45%
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 186

Thread: Introvert or Extrovert?

  1. #51
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    An introvert doesn't necessarily have trouble socializing. If given a choice, they would choose alone time verses social time. An extrovert would be the opposite. Of course, this would not be an absolute, but more on a scale.
    i am an extrovert, but i love my alone time as well.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm an ISTJ... with a score of 100% on the Introvert scale. No surprise at all, though, when I first took this test 25 years ago, I was an IRTJ.
    What's an R?

  3. #53
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    I've been an INTJ since I was a teenager. Guess I'm pretty stable...Seems to be the popular choice though for personalities on this site. Does not mesh with a government job though.

    Quote Originally Posted by CC
    I'd like to see some research rather than just anecdotal evidence.
    On what? That exercise increases testosterone? I thought that was pretty well documented.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    On what? That exercise increases testosterone? I thought that was pretty well documented.
    That testosterone will change someone from an introvert to an extrovert.

  5. #55
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    What's an R?
    Rationalizing. I've taken the Myers-Briggs 4 times. Once in 1983, once in 1992, once in 2003, and just now. My rationalizing score started at about 50, and has been shrinking to where I'm now at a 12 for sensing. I've always been a 100 on the introvert scale. My thinking-feeling level has been consistent at about 60 something, thinking, and my judging-perceiving level has fluctuated throughout my life. It's pretty interesting to note where you've been and where you are and how that has affected your past and current choices.

    I'd also imagine that more conservatives would match with my results than liberals.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #56
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    That testosterone will change someone from an introvert to an extrovert.
    It might change the appearance of it

    Introverts appear to be shy generally, while extroverts appear to be outgoing talkative etc

    High testosterone will tend to increase ones aggressiveness in many situations which will most likely change the outward appearance from being shy to being outgoing
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  7. #57
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    Extrovert. I am a flirt and love being the center of attention good or bad. I know myself to well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #58
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    It might change the appearance of it

    Introverts appear to be shy generally, while extroverts appear to be outgoing talkative etc

    High testosterone will tend to increase ones aggressiveness in many situations which will most likely change the outward appearance from being shy to being outgoing
    But it won't change one's desire to socialize or not. We are talking about a physical reaction verses an emotional reaction.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Last Seen
    05-19-10 @ 07:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    496

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'd like to see some research rather than just anecdotal evidence.
    I'm not trying to prove anything here. I'm just saying, young men should exercise regularly, introvert or extrovert. I had "low T" and it was not a pleasant experience at all. I started exercising again, and it was like a weight was lifted off my chest. Felt great!

  10. #60
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Introvert or Extrovert?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You may be in the center in many of the areas. For instance, on the introvert/extrovert scale, I'm dead in the center. I need an equal mix of time with people and time away from people.

    There are more detailed tests. Search MBTI test.
    It's not that I'm in the center, it's just that the questions are all ambiguous sometimes to the point of being just stupid. Sigh. Looking around for other tests, they're all like that.

    I'd never even heard of this MBTI thingy until now. Just wish I knew wtf people are talking about.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •