View Poll Results: Should piercing the ears of kittens and selling them as 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's animal cruelty and exploitive of innocent kittens

    25 46.30%
  • It seems less cruel than docking tails and ears

    6 11.11%
  • No, unless silliness is a crime

    21 38.89%
  • Other, please explain

    2 3.70%
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 248

Thread: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

  1. #71
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Out of your entire post, this part really ticked me off. We are all animals. Just because a dog, or a cat cannot speak english, and tell us it doesn't like ear piercings, or getting its tail cut or whatever doesn't mean it wants that done to it. Animals feel pain, and they can perceive quite a lot.
    Does not make them human.

    And I don't care if it ticked you off. Get a grip and recognize they are NOT human. They are property.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #72
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Does not make them human.

    And I don't care if it ticked you off. Get a grip and recognize they are NOT human. They are property.
    Because it isn't human? That is the saddest excuse for an argument I have ever heard

    "its not human" isn't a far cry from "its not German" or "its not white."
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  3. #73
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Because it isn't human? That is the saddest excuse for an argument I have ever heard

    "its not human" isn't a far cry from "its not German" or "its not white."
    So now you are trying to say an animal is human?

    All humans are animals, all animals are NOT humans.

    They are property and thus have no rights.

    As soon as the pharmaceutical and fashion or fir industry's are arrested for animal cruelty, you mite have an argument.

    Nice fallacy adding the German or white racism into to it. Godwin ftw!
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-17-10 at 10:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #74
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So now you are trying to say an animal is human?

    All humans are animals, all animals are NOT humans.

    They are property and thus have no rights.

    As soon as the pharmaceutical and fashion or fir industry's are arrested for animal cruelty, you mite have an argument.
    I'm not saying they are humans, but I am saying that compassion is a human attribute. The moment start justifying all the crap we do to animals because, "they aren't human," thats when humans are no longer people, IMO.

    And yes, I know we already have people saying that, and doing things I'm not going to mention on this thread, and as far as I'm concerned, those people are the animals.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  5. #75
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    I'm not saying they are humans, but I am saying that compassion is a human attribute. The moment start justifying all the crap we do to animals because, "they aren't human," thats when humans are no longer people, IMO.
    I have no problem with compassion and I love animals.

    I don't see this as being about animal cruelty, it is about our slowly eroding right to property.

    Now people are trying to say piercing or cropping etc an animal is cruelty? It's my freaking animal. If I want to put it down, I will. If I want it cropped or pierced a certain way that is my business, not the government. It is my property. Until the fir industry or beef industry etc is brought up on charges, this is unadulterated bull****, period. It is a double standard brought on by "feel good" law making, nothing more.

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    And yes, I know we already have people saying that, and doing things I'm not going to mention on this thread, and as far as I'm concerned, those people are the animals.
    Irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #76
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    ear croppin, tail docking, de-clawing, branding, tatooing, tagging.....
    Piercing ears, etc, circumcizing. Same for humans. We get used to certain mutilations, so they're fine. The ones we're not used to we freak out about. Nothing rational about it.

  7. #77
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Other body modifications have a purpose besides ear cropping. Ear cropping is for cosmetic "breed standards". I think the cosmetic ones like the goth kittehs is stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  8. #78
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Does not make them human.

    And I don't care if it ticked you off. Get a grip and recognize they are NOT human. They are property.
    Maybe we need a 3/5ths compromise!

    Seriously, they're property, but that doesn't mean you can do whatever you want with them.

  9. #79
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Now people are trying to say piercing or cropping etc an animal is cruelty? It's my freaking animal. If I want to put it down, I will. If I want it cropped or pierced a certain way that is my business, not the government. It is my property.
    Bull****. You will not subject an animal to cruelty, and the government will decide what that means, and if you don't like it, that's too bad. Try it and see.

  10. #80
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,028

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    This is what you said:







    You're going around and around saying the animal won't hurt itself and if it does it's retarded and needs to be put down.

    That is just not true.

    Bringing in dog clothes and the other nonsense, only muddied your point.

    If you agree, the earrings can cause the animal to harm itself and that is a natural behavior, then there is nothing to debate.




    No, none of that is cruel and I was instructed to make a similar move when one of my dogs, long since passed, would snap at me as I tried to clean up the trash she dumped on the floor. It worked.

    Safety for the pet and the family is of prime concern and it's the ignorant pet owner who usually has a tragedy on their hands or abuses a pet because they don't understand animal behavior.

    We are in complete agreement.
    That isn't what I said in full context. If you where to comprehend the entirety of my posts you would realize that I was saying they might be easily and instantly acclimated to something costmetic (whatever it is) at an early age. And if you are trying something out with your animal it is your responsability to observe and know it it going to be a hinderance and wrong for the animal. Understand animals is very easy for the most part. Since my dog was a puppy and my cat was a kitten they have been used to being dressed up and taking a shower with me every once in a while.

    To put them in the shower and put some animal clothes on them hinders them and bothers them none what so ever. I know my dog really well and would be able to tell if it did. I've attempted to give my aunts dog a bath who hasn't been acclimated to such conditions since a puppy. I will never try again bucause it was easy to tell very fast that it wasn't happening and I would totally have to dominate the dog for even a chance. The fact of it is some cats would be ok with little tiny earings. Some cats it would be abuse if you left them in and they rejected it.

    And what don't you get about me simply stating it wouldn't rip it out playing with it most likely. It is more likely to get it snagged playing with something else and rejecting it.
    Last edited by dirtpoorchris; 04-17-10 at 10:48 PM.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •