View Poll Results: Should piercing the ears of kittens and selling them as 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's animal cruelty and exploitive of innocent kittens

    25 46.30%
  • It seems less cruel than docking tails and ears

    6 11.11%
  • No, unless silliness is a crime

    21 38.89%
  • Other, please explain

    2 3.70%
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 248

Thread: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

  1. #231
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    They were absolute up until the last 100 years or so. What part of my talk of eroding are you missing?
    No, they weren't. Taxes have existed since pretty much the dawn of history. Eminent domain goes back to the earliest days of English common law.

  2. #232
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Yep. Oh, another property right that's been lost - slavery.
    OK Mr. Fallacy argument, we are done here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #233
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    No, they weren't. Taxes have existed since pretty much the dawn of history. Eminent domain goes back to the earliest days of English common law.
    Had very little to do with the initial government set up in the US. AGAIN get a history book.

    Next!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #234
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    OK Mr. Fallacy argument, we are done here.
    Nope.

    My point was that property rights change, and sometimes that's a good thing. The idea that we are entitled to every property right simply because we once had it is not valid.

    History is your friend.

  5. #235
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Had very little to do with the initial government set up in the US. AGAIN get a history book.

    Next!
    Had EVERYTHING to do with it. It is acknowledged in the 5th amendment. And English common law is the basis for OUR legal system - we didn't change that. The police powers of the government come from it. They are assumed. That's why the Constitution doesn't even bother to state that eminent domain exists, only that it must involve just compensation. It is assumed.

  6. #236
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Nope.

    My point was that property rights change, and sometimes that's a good thing. The idea that we are entitled to every property right simply because we once had it is not valid.

    History is your friend.
    No. This was not your argument. That would be false. Your argument was...

    "I know that the U.S. Constitution does not, nor any other law or principle, gives you ABSOLUTE property rights. In fact, the Constitution specifically mentions the pre-existing power of the government to take away your property (the 5th amendment says "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation" and no taking without due process, which means taking IS perfectly okay with due process.) - misterman

    My point was it is being eroded and you have just proved YET AGAIN my point.

    Quite well I mite add.

    Thank you, and good night.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-19-10 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #237
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No. This was not your argument. That would be false. Your argument was...
    My argument was BOTH. They don't conflict.

    I was responding to your point about history.

    You can't see to keep up. I think you think you know more about this than you think. You don't even seem to understand that English common law is the basis for our American legal system and basic powers of our state governments.

  8. #238
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,549

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Had EVERYTHING to do with it. It is acknowledged in the 5th amendment. And English common law is the basis for OUR legal system - we didn't change that. The police powers of the government come from it. They are assumed. That's why the Constitution doesn't even bother to state that eminent domain exists, only that it must involve just compensation. It is assumed.
    And this has what to do with anything we were discussing? It protects against abuse of government authority in a legal procedure. That's it. So because our system of law is based on an older system this does what? Has nothing to do with property rights or the eroding of our rights.

    Again, goodnight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #239
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And this has what to do with anything we were discussing? It protects against abuse of government authority in a legal procedure. That's it.
    Right. Government authority. To take your property sometimes, without your consent.

    So because our system of law is based on an older system this does what? Has nothing to do with property rights or the eroding of our rights.
    Exactly. This government authority has always existed. It did not appear by "erosion" of our rights. Though I do agree that the New London case amounted to that.

  10. #240
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    What about Bonsai Kittens?
    I didn't see any pics of the finished product.....

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •