View Poll Results: Should piercing the ears of kittens and selling them as 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's animal cruelty and exploitive of innocent kittens

    25 46.30%
  • It seems less cruel than docking tails and ears

    6 11.11%
  • No, unless silliness is a crime

    21 38.89%
  • Other, please explain

    2 3.70%
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 248

Thread: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

  1. #201
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Because all cats are different, some how piercing makes them unstable. I have shown in the case of MOST cats, this is just not true.
    Uh-huh. Where did you get your veterinarian's license and exactly how many pierced cats have you examined? Can we review your patient records?



    Sorry, pal. You've "shown" nothing of the sort.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    My argument is more relevant than anything you have posted. Your argument is nothing but "Oh cats were tortured so its wrong" that is your argument.
    And your argument is nothing but "It was not torture in my opinion." (Oh yeah, and "I can abuse my pets as much as I like, because they're my property, just like my kitchen table.")

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No objectivity, no logic. I mean lets face it, torture in this case is subjective. End of story, like most moral issues.
    Right. Subjective. Like my opinion that piercing cats because it makes them "pretty" is torture.

    If you don't like it, too bad for you.

  2. #202
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Maybe that is the problem?

    You don't understand the US Constitution, or property rights. It is the most basic of principals this country was founded on. In fact all other rights come from the idea of property and ownership.

    YouTube- Michael Badnarik Rights, Privileges, and Property
    I understand it quite well. I know that the U.S. Constitution does not, nor any other law or principle, gives you ABSOLUTE property rights. In fact, the Constitution specifically mentions the pre-existing power of the government to take away your property (the 5th amendment says "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation" and no taking without due process, which means taking IS perfectly okay with due process.)

    The government can regulate the use of your property and take some of it in the form of taxes. You do not have an ABSOLUTE right to property. Even staunch conservatives acknowledge this.
    Last edited by misterman; 04-19-10 at 04:14 PM.

  3. #203
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,511

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Uh-huh. Where did you get your veterinarian's license and exactly how many pierced cats have you examined? Can we review your patient records?

    Sorry, pal. You've "shown" nothing of the sort.
    So I must be a vet to have an opinion on this?

    That sort of sinks your whole argument doesn't it? Your not a vet?

    Yes I have. I showed a video with cats carrying and walking around with things mounted to them and they were in no distress.

    Now if you can show me your license and a video showing cats collapsing under the weight of a towel, you may have something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    And your argument is nothing but "It was not torture in my opinion." (Oh yeah, and "I can abuse my pets as much as I like, because they're my property, just like my kitchen table.")
    According to our supposed property laws this would be true. Unfortunately is is only true if you make allot of money.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Right. Subjective. Like my opinion that piercing cats because it makes them "pretty" is torture.
    So in your opinion burning a Chimpanzee to death to test hair spray is OK to be legal? But piercing a cats ear should be illegal? Even though we can crop birds wings, crop cats and dogs tails purely in the interest of fashion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    If you don't like it, too bad for you.
    Well so far your argument is lacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #204
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Lynx please.





    Note extra toes...

  5. #205
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,511

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    I understand it quite well. I know that the U.S. Constitution does not, nor any other law or principle, gives you ABSOLUTE property rights. In fact, the Constitution specifically mentions the pre-existing power of the government to take away your property (the 5th amendment says "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation" and no taking without due process, which means taking IS perfectly okay with due process.)
    With due process for PUBLIC use as in land etc. They can't just take it.

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    The government can regulate the use of your property and take some of it in the form of taxes. You do not have an ABSOLUTE right to property. Even staunch conservatives acknowledge this.
    And this is a perfect example of our rights being eroded.

    Thanks again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #206
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    With due process for PUBLIC use as in land etc. They can't just take it.
    Right. So if they need it for public use, they can take it. So your right to it isn't absolute.

  7. #207
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,511

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Right. So if they need it for public use, they can take it. So your right to it isn't absolute.
    Not without due process and proper compensation. Huge difference than just being able to take something. You are still trying to ignore the complete picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #208
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not without due process and proper compensation. Huge difference than just being able to take something. You are still trying to ignore the complete picture.
    Right. But they can still take it. So your right to it isn't absolute.

    There are limits, obviously, to what the government can do and how it can do it. But it can still take your property, or regulate how you use it.

  9. #209
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So I must be a vet to have an opinion on this? That sort of sinks your whole argument doesn't it? Your not a vet?
    Of course not. However, you claimed that:

    some how piercing makes them unstable. I have shown in the case of MOST cats, this is just not true.
    You haven't produced any evidence about pierced cats.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes I have. I showed a video with cats carrying and walking around with things mounted to them and they were in no distress.
    Still waiting for you to tell us about the pierced cats you have had experience with, which "shows" that piercing does not make cats unstable. If you cannot provide us with documentation that said piercings have no negative impact on a cat's balance or movement, you'll have proven your assertion. Until that point, we have nothing but your worthless declaration that you know more than a vet does about the matter. Sorry, but I'll go with the vet's professional knowledge, observations, and training.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So in your opinion burning a Chimpanzee to death to test hair spray is OK to be legal?
    I'm fairly certain I never said, nor implied that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Well so far your argument is lacking.
    Again, I'll go with the vet's professional knowledge, observations, and training.

  10. #210
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    What about Bonsai Kittens?

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •