View Poll Results: Should piercing the ears of kittens and selling them as 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's animal cruelty and exploitive of innocent kittens

    25 46.30%
  • It seems less cruel than docking tails and ears

    6 11.11%
  • No, unless silliness is a crime

    21 38.89%
  • Other, please explain

    2 3.70%
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 248

Thread: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

  1. #191
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,510

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Obviously. His sense of balance was intensely so fine tuned, the slightest thing shorted it out. You're aware that not every housecat is an exact physical/physiological clone of every other housecat, right?
    I just showed quite a few cats that had no problem. I know EVERY cat I have owned, and that was allot of them, never had a problem with a towel falling on them immobilizing them????

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    The story is 100% true, and the cat was anything but "lame." Foots was a huge, gray hairball with six toes on three feet and seven toes on one foot.
    And this somehow qualifies as normal?

    Not likely.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    I lived on the edge of a canyon in southern California, where Foots hunted birds, snakes, rats and gophers, rabbits, possums, etc. He was a master tree climber. Even brought home an owl, once, and never came home bleeding or badly injured. He was quite a bruiser. Lived to be 19 years old. Most awesome cat ever.

    With the most astounding sense of balance.
    And yet he could be immobilized by a towel???

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Currently, I have a domestic lynx. This cat has incredibly fine tuned hearing, FAR more advanced and sophisticated than the other two cats in the house. She also has amazing fast-twitch muscular responses to the tiniest of audio or visual stimuli, the likes of which I've never seen in any other cat I've owned.
    A Lynx is not your every day house cat. That is like comparing a wolf to a dog.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    Moral of the story: No two cats are the same. I suppose a few wouldn't be negatively affected by being permanently decorated like a Christmas tree... This doesn't change the fact that many would.

    Feel free to ignore my anecdotal evidence. We've already got the word of a licensed veterinarian...
    I will as I have shown beyond a reasonable doubt, you AND the vet are pretty much over reacting for your own agenda.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-19-10 at 02:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  2. #192
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,510

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You do not have absolute property rights to animals. Nor to any property.
    Exactly my point. Thank you.

    It's not like our rights are being eroded.

    PS thank you for your input comrade!
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-19-10 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Ever notice that the majority of animals on the endangered species list are mammals?

    A local pet store sells 'painted fish'...which I'm told are fish injected with various fluorescent dies.

    If these were 'Gothic Alligators' no one would give a ****, but oh noes you better not deface the poster children of lolcats!!

    It won't be long before humans will be on the endangered species list, the way we treat mother earth (Now, isn't that sucky?).

  4. #194
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Exactly my point. Thank you.

    It's not like our rights are being eroded.

    PS thank you for your input comrade!
    Were you under the impression that you had absolute property rights based on capitalism, or the U.S. Constitution, or English common law, or natural rights, or something nice and conservative like that?

    I'm a capitalist, and proud of it. But even I don't operate under that illusion.

  5. #195
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,510

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Were you under the impression that you had absolute property rights based on capitalism, or the U.S. Constitution, or English common law, or natural rights, or something nice and conservative like that?

    I'm a capitalist, and proud of it. But even I don't operate under that illusion.
    Maybe that is the problem?

    You don't understand the US Constitution, or property rights. It is the most basic of principals this country was founded on. In fact all other rights come from the idea of property and ownership.

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t26ENNxHiPg"]YouTube- Michael Badnarik Rights, Privileges, and Property[/nomedia]
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #196
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I know EVERY cat I have owned, and that was allot of them, never had a problem with a towel falling on them immobilizing them????
    And I know how it affected Foots.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And this somehow qualifies as normal? Not likely.
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polydactyl_cat"]Polydactylism [/ame]is actually fairly common in housecats. It's considered a congenital physical anomaly (as opposed to an anatomical abnormality).

    true polydactyly... is not life-threatening and usually not even debilitating to a cat. Some polydactyl kittens initially have more difficulty in learning to walk than normal animals. However in some cases polydactyly appears to improve the dexterity of the animal. For example, a common variation with six toes on the front paws, with two opposing digits on each (comparable in use to human thumbs), enables the cat to learn and perform feats of manual dexterity generally not observed in non-polydactyl cats, such as opening latches or catching objects with a single paw.

    Although there is some controversy over whether the most common variant of the trait originated as a mutation in New England or was brought there from England, there seems to be agreement that it spread widely as a result of cats carried on ships originating in Boston, and the prevalence of polydactylism among the cat population of various ports correlates with the dates when they first established trade with Boston. Contributing to the spread of polydactyl cats by this means, sailors were long-known to especially value polydactyl cats for their extraordinary climbing and hunting abilities as an aid in controlling shipboard rodents.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    A Lynx is not your every day house cat. That is like comparing a wolf to a dog.
    She's not a wild lynx. She's a domestic lynx.

    This new breed was created in the 1980s in the United States by crossing the small bobcat and Canadian lynx with domestic cats. “The ideal in breeding is a cat as similar as possible either to the bobcat or to the Canadian lynx or jungle cat (Felis chaus), with the gentle, trusting nature of a domestic cat”.
    There are plenty of cat breeds that have wild felid genes. They're still considered domestic housecats. Again, every cat is different, just as every breed is different - each has individual traits often not found in other breeds.

    Confirmed domestic Cat/ Felid Hybrids

    Some pairings have given rise to more than one breed developed under different registries and bred to different standards for appearance and different percentages of wild felid genes. They are therefore different breeds, not synonyms.

    * Bengal : domestic Cat / Asian Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis bengalensis)
    * Bristol (cat) : domestic Cat / Margay (Leopardus wiedii)
    * Chausie : domestic Cat / Jungle Cat aka Swamp Cat (Felis chaus)
    * Stone Cougar : domestic Cat / Jungle Cat aka Swamp Cat (Felis chaus)
    * Cheetoh : Bengal / Ocicat
    * Jungle-Bob : Pixie-bob / Jungle Cat aka Swamp Cat (F. Chaus)
    * Jungle-Curl : Hemingway Curl (polydactyl x American Curl) / Jungle Cat aka Swamp Cat (Felis chaus)
    * Machbagral and/or Viverral : domestic Cat / Fishing Cat (Prionailurus viverrinus)
    * Pantherette : Pixie-bob / Asian Leopard Cat (Prionailurus bengalensis)
    * Punjabi (cat) : domestic Cat /Indian Desert-Cat (a variety of Asiatic Wildcat) (Felis s. ornata)
    * Safari (cat) : domestic Cat / Geoffroy's Cat (Leopardus geoffroyii)
    * Savannah : domestic Cat (including Bengal) / Serval (Leptailurus serval)
    * Ashera : other name for Savannah, registered under law
    * Serengeti : Bengal / Oriental (solid-coloured Siamese)
    * Toyger : domestic Cat / Bengal
    * Ussuri (cat): domestic Cat / Amur Asian Leopard Cat (Prionailurus b. euptailura)
    * Domestic Cat / Caracal (accidental, Moscow Zoo, 1998)
    * Domestic Cat / Oncilla (Little Spotted Cat/Tiger Cat)
    * Domestic Cat / Black-footed Cat (F. nigripes)
    * Domestic Cat / Rusty-spotted Cat (Prionailurus rubiginosus) (wild occurring Hybrids, India)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    you AND the vet are pretty much over reacting for your own agenda.
    This is a thread about abusing cats. Are you seriously pretending that your whining about "property rights" in a thread about animal abuse isn't you overreacting to support your agenda?

    Last edited by Glinda; 04-19-10 at 03:40 PM.

  7. #197
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,510

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    And I know how it affected Foots.

    Polydactylism is actually fairly common in housecats. It's considered a congenital physical anomaly (as opposed to an anatomical abnormality).

    She's not a wild lynx. She's a domestic lynx.

    There are plenty of cat breeds that have wild felid genes. They're still considered domestic housecats. Again, every cat is different.
    And all of this cut and past posing changes nothing.

    It was not torture in my opinion. If you don't like it, too bad for you.

    Your one cat that you say could be immobilized by a simple towel is so silly, I don't even know why you brought it in. Notice no one has mentioned such a feeble beast outside of you? I wonder why?

    I had a 3 legged cat and you would never know he was missing a leg. Animals adapt to their situation just like every other animal.

    Just because all cats are different has no bearing at all on this. None. I mean that pretty much is your argument. Because all cats are different, some how piercing makes them unstable. I have shown in the case of MOST cats, this is just not true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glinda View Post
    This is a thread about abusing cats. Are you seriously pretending that your whining about "property rights" in a thread about animal abuse isn't you overreacting to support your agenda?

    My argument is more relevant than anything you have posted. Your argument is nothing but "Oh cats were tortured so its wrong" that is your argument. No objectivity, no logic. I mean lets face it, torture in this case is subjective. End of story, like most moral issues.

    This is indeed about property. As I mentioned before all other rights extend from property, period.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-19-10 at 03:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And all of this cut and past posing changes nothing.

    It was not torture in my opinion. If you don't like it, too bad for you.

    Your one cat that you say could be immobilized by a simple towel is so silly, I don't even know why you brought it in. Notice no one has mentioned such a feeble beast outside of you? I wonder why?

    I had a 3 legged cat and you would never know he was missing a leg. Animals adapt to their situation just like every other animal.

    Just because all cats are different has no bearing at all on this. None. I mean that pretty much is your argument. Because all cats are different, some how piercing makes them unstable. I have shown in the case of MOST cats, this is just not true.



    My argument is more relevant than anything you have posted. Your argument is nothing but "Oh cats were tortured so its wrong" that is your argument. No objectivity, no logic. I mean lets face it, torture in this case is subjective. End of story, like most moral issues.

    This is indeed about property. As I mentioned before all other rights extend from property, period.
    I can tell you know nothing about the Catstitution.

  9. #199
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,510

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I can tell you know nothing about the Catstitution.
    You and Glinda mite want to pick up a book on the US Constitution. It would help your understanding. Or just watch the video above.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-19-10 at 04:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #200
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    I can tell you know nothing about the Catstitution.
    Lynx please.

Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •