View Poll Results: Should piercing the ears of kittens and selling them as 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's animal cruelty and exploitive of innocent kittens

    25 46.30%
  • It seems less cruel than docking tails and ears

    6 11.11%
  • No, unless silliness is a crime

    21 38.89%
  • Other, please explain

    2 3.70%
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 248

Thread: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

  1. #181
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    There is quite the large difference between a community bylaw and a Federal mandate. If you don't like the community bylaw, you can just move to another community; if you don't like a Federal mandate, well, you have to leave the United States. Quite the difference...
    Or you vote for someone different the next election. If your opinion is such a minority that you don't win, sucks for you.

    In much the same way, if you don't like the community bylaw that you can't torture animals, you can move. I doubt you'd find a different community that allows it though.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  2. #182
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    You keep talking about drug company's and completely ignoring...

    The fir industry, Beauty Aids, cropping of ears and tails. Inbreeding of animals. The amount of allowed abuse at dog and horse tracks is sickening.

    It is there and it is excepted. I see no one being arrested for any of that and thousands of other types of accepted animal cruelty going on.

    It is pretty clear.
    All of those are specific industries that have a pass. Much like the medical industry is a specific industry that has a pass on testing on humans.

    Your argument that since we allow some, we should allow all is not logical. Exceptions have been written into law. If you think a law should be created to allow people to pierce their cats a million time, put it on the next ballot.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  3. #183
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    An alligator wouldn't feel the piercing because it's hide is too thick.
    What'd you jus call me?

  4. #184
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Killing cats is related to animal cruelty, is what.
    Completely irrelevant. No one in the article or this thread is talking about killing any cat or anything even close. We are talking about cosmetic changes that may hurt or torture that animal. Now this could lead to the death of the animal, but in the context of this discussion.

    Your comment was completely and utterly irrelevant in every way. Adds nothing to the discussion and derails the thread.

    Thanks for playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #185
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    The cat had serious issues.
    Obviously. His sense of balance was so intensely fine tuned, the slightest thing shorted it out. You're aware that not every housecat is an exact physical/physiological clone of every other housecat, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Either your story is not true, or that was a lame cat, as in issues.

    Which is it?
    The story is 100% true, and the cat was anything but "lame." Foots was a huge, gray hairball with six toes on three feet and seven toes on one foot. I lived on the edge of a canyon in southern California, where Foots hunted birds, snakes, rats and gophers, rabbits, possums, etc. He was a master tree climber. Even brought home an owl, once, and never came home bleeding or badly injured. He was quite a bruiser. Lived to be 19 years old. Most awesome cat ever.

    With the most astounding sense of balance.

    Currently, I have a domestic lynx. This cat has incredibly fine tuned hearing, FAR more advanced and sophisticated than the other two cats in the house. She also has amazing fast-twitch muscular responses to the tiniest of audio or visual stimuli, the likes of which I've never seen in any other cat I've owned.

    Moral of the story: No two cats are the same. I suppose a few wouldn't be negatively affected by being permanently decorated like a Christmas tree... This doesn't change the fact that many would.

    Feel free to ignore my anecdotal evidence. We've already got the word of a licensed veterinarian...
    Last edited by Glinda; 04-19-10 at 02:39 PM.

  6. #186
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1984 View Post
    There is quite the large difference between a community bylaw and a Federal mandate. If you don't like the community bylaw, you can just move to another community; if you don't like a Federal mandate, well, you have to leave the United States. Quite the difference...
    You can just move any time you don't like a local law? That makes no sense either.

  7. #187
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    All of those are specific industries that have a pass. Much like the medical industry is a specific industry that has a pass on testing on humans.
    So you are saying a privileged class is OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Your argument that since we allow some, we should allow all is not logical.
    It is based on nothing but logic and completely objective. Your argument is subjective and based on an emotional reaction to what you deem as torture.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Exceptions have been written into law. If you think a law should be created to allow people to pierce their cats a million time, put it on the next ballot.
    I don't have to as I am not piercing any cats or dogs. We should not have to pass a ballot to do what we will with our own property when others can.

    "Property rights are entitled to the same protection as all other human rights. The owners of property have the full right to control, use, dispose of, or in any manner enjoy, their property without interference, until and unless the exercise of their control infringes the valid rights of others."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #188
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't have to as I am not piercing any cats or dogs. We should not have to pass a ballot to do what we will with our own property when others can.

    "Property rights are entitled to the same protection as all other human rights. The owners of property have the full right to control, use, dispose of, or in any manner enjoy, their property without interference, until and unless the exercise of their control infringes the valid rights of others."
    You do not have absolute property rights to animals. Nor to any property.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    When I saw the thread title I thought people were shaving strategic places of their cats, giving them tattoos, anti-depressants, Twilight stickers on the cat box, forcing them to wear Type-O Negative shirts, painting claws, dying the fur bazaar colors and making really bad anti-lolcat poems.

  10. #190
    You kids get off my lawn!
    Glinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:01 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,716

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Don't know if this has been mentioned yet...

    in a pre-sentence investigation done by the Adult Probation Department, Crawford had been arrested 17 times and convicted of shoplifting, driving under the influence, delivery of a controlled substance, theft by unlawful taking, criminal conspiracy, and possession with intent to deliver heroin. --Times Leader
    Boy. This woman's a real pillar of the community.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •