View Poll Results: Should piercing the ears of kittens and selling them as 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's animal cruelty and exploitive of innocent kittens

    25 46.30%
  • It seems less cruel than docking tails and ears

    6 11.11%
  • No, unless silliness is a crime

    21 38.89%
  • Other, please explain

    2 3.70%
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 248

Thread: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

  1. #101
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    And yet you justify all the rest?
    The problem with your position, is that just because some people handle animals cruelly means we all can treat animals cruelly. There are rules and regulations which are meant to stop animal cruelty, and torture, but obviously there are loop-holes.

    And then, of course, is your "they're only animals" thing, which is fundamentally the same as "they're only slaves."
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  2. #102
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    The problem with your position, is that just because some people handle animals cruelly means we all can treat animals cruelly. There are rules and regulations which are meant to stop animal cruelty, and torture, but obviously there are loop-holes.
    Not loop holes. Unenforced, 2 completely different things. If someone treated animals the way the fir industry does in a private home, what would happen?

    It is a double standard and flies in the face of property laws. If it is my property, I own it. What right does the government have to tell me I can not do with it what I wish? You are a libertarian, or so it says and yet you reject one of their most fundamental beliefs???

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    And then, of course, is your "they're only animals" thing, which is fundamentally the same as "they're only slaves."
    We lock them in cages or force them to race until they can't anymore. We lock them in our homes and we control every aspect of that animals life. What would you call them? They are in reality salves. A better term which is more relevant would be, property.

    Not to mention that is a totally irrelevant fallacy argument.

    Still waiting for some one to address this....

    Again no one has offered any evidence at all as to why this woman should have been arrested for animal cruelty. Yet our own farms and company's do much worse on a daily bases and no arrests.

    Yea for personal property rights being ignored! It's a great day for America!
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-18-10 at 03:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #103
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Not loop holes. Unenforced, 2 completely different things. If someone treated animals the way the fir industry does in a private home, what would happen?

    It is a double standard and flies in the face of property laws. If it is my property, I own it. What right does the government have to tell me I can not do with it what I wish? You are a libertarian, or so it says and yet you reject one of their most fundamental beliefs???



    We lock them in cages or force them to race until they can't anymore. We lock them in our homes and we control every aspect of that animals life. What would you call them? They are in reality salves. A better term which is more relevant would be, property.

    Not to mention that is a totally irrelevant fallacy argument.

    Still waiting for some one to address this....

    Again no one has offered any evidence at all as to why this woman should have been arrested for animal cruelty. Yet our own farms and company's do much worse on a daily bases and no arrests.

    Yea for personal property rights being ignored! It's a great day for America!
    How do you stand on the matter of free speech and the possibility of a people's led really making it into a political hot spot on national TV?

    Say alternate reality. Last DNC convention the vets of Iraq convicned the police to let them through and question the presidental candidates. The people's mob pushed through without violence and convinced the guards who take money to stifle speach to guard them instead. National blackout on the media event. GO.
    Last edited by dirtpoorchris; 04-18-10 at 03:26 AM.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  4. #104
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post

    Again no one has offered any evidence at all as to why this woman should have been arrested for animal cruelty. Yet our own farms and company's do much worse on a daily bases and no arrests.

    Yea for personal property rights being ignored! It's a great day for America!
    she should have been arrested because she broke the law, animal cruelty laws, while sporadically enforced, are still the law, and whilst pets are property, the laws that separate them from your average kitchen table are in place because your average kitchen table can't feel pain, and pets can, and what this woman did has been ruled animal cruelty.
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  5. #105
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    she should have been arrested because she broke the law, animal cruelty laws, while sporadically enforced, are still the law, and whilst pets are property, the laws that separate them from your average kitchen table are in place because your average kitchen table can't feel pain, and pets can, and what this woman did has been ruled animal cruelty.
    Ok I see. So because it is the law, it is OK only for some?

    So I guess it would be OK for me to come into someone else's home and kill an animal to eat (because it now feels no pain) and this should be acceptable?

    I mean that is literally what you are saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #106
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    How do you stand on the matter of free speech and the possibility of a people's led really making it into a political hot spot on national TV?
    I have no clue what you just said here?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Say alternate reality. Last DNC convention the vets of Iraq convicned the police to let them through and question the presidental candidates. The people's mob pushed through without violence and convinced the guards who take money to stifle speach to guard them instead. National blackout on the media event. GO.
    Fallacy and has nothing at all to do with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #107
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Ok I see. So because it is the law, it is OK only for some?

    So I guess it would be OK for me to come into someone else's home and kill an animal to eat (because it now feels no pain) and this should be acceptable?

    I mean that is literally what you are saying.
    well i didn't express agreement with how the laws are enforced, and you asked why she was arrested, and it was 'cause she broke the law
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  8. #108
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    well i didn't express agreement with how the laws are enforced, and you asked why she was arrested, and it was 'cause she broke the law
    Hehehehehe good answer.

    But not what I was asking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #109
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,026

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I have no clue what you just said here?



    Fallacy and has nothing at all to do with this.
    Very interesting.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  10. #110
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,547

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Very interesting.
    Please point out what an alter reality meeting of people at the DNC have to do with "Gothic Kittens" being a crime?

    Being obtuse is no way to get your point across. Fallacy arguments are even worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •