View Poll Results: Should piercing the ears of kittens and selling them as 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it's animal cruelty and exploitive of innocent kittens

    25 46.30%
  • It seems less cruel than docking tails and ears

    6 11.11%
  • No, unless silliness is a crime

    21 38.89%
  • Other, please explain

    2 3.70%
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 248

Thread: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

  1. #91
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,988

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Either the law has to apply or it does not. The animal does not have any rights. The community would be infringing on the right of this woman by trying to force her to change the piercings. It is her property and not the community's. Unless she is infringing on someone else's rights (and she is not) it is no one else's business.

    No one is telling dog breeders where to snip? Why does she need to be told? No one is telling the fir farms how to treat the animals they have, why does she have to submit?
    Well... I would think one should be able to argue that a non industrial animal maybe shouldn't be placed in harms way with alterations that may harm it if it does something that is undeniably going to hurt it do to instinct or common sense.

    Example: If these huge ass earings (the cat in the picture) where instead at the very bottom nape of the ears its only possible dammage would be if it happened to snag and very unprobable. But if a flea were to get in this cats ear or water with the way it is, it would shake its head in self defense. These giant pendelum of earings are obviously swinging hammers that might batter this cats eyes due to instinct/ the only means of defense against water and bugs. This is neglagance due to ignorance of the basic physics and common sense. And only that.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  2. #92
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    I read what you wrote:
    Not according to what I posted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Again, YES she is. I cut and pasted the portion where the veterinarian said their hearing was effected and their ability to jump. There were also infections.
    There is no proof her hearing was affected, other than the word of one vet. Who is active with PETA, sorry I will not give her any credibility. And none of the cats at the time were infected. She said there could be a danger from infection. Plenty of cats around with no tails. They jump just fine, I own one or did years ago. So I know her comments for the most part are dramatic bull**** to justify an over reaction by people.

    Did you know there is a pet store in Bossier City, Louisiana called the "Critter Company" been around since 94. It is known for $25.00 ear piercings for dogs & cats, and the price includes a pair of earrings. Don't see any cops from the SPCA or PETA Reading there store. I wonder shy?

    In the end it just does not matter. This woman should not have been arrested or charged.

    So far you have offered nothing to counter my argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gina View Post
    Just because animals are ill used in the cosmetic industry, which I object to BTW, doesn't mean we can overlook abuse in the home.
    OK I see. You think favoritism under the law is OK. You think infringing on one persons rights is OK under certain circumstances.

    Not a problem.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-18-10 at 12:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #93
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Well... I would think one should be able to argue that a non industrial animal maybe shouldn't be placed in harms way with alterations that may harm it if it does something that is undeniably going to hurt it do to instinct or common sense.
    Why? So a corporate entity has more rights than we as individuals? So our property rights are trumped by any industrial complex? Hmmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    Example: If these huge ass earings (the cat in the picture) where instead at the very bottom nape of the ears its only possible dammage would be if it happened to snag and very unprobable. But if a flea were to get in this cats ear or water with the way it is, it would shake its head in self defense. These giant pendelum of earings are obviously swinging hammers that might batter this cats eyes due to instinct/ the only means of defense against water and bugs. This is neglagance due to ignorance of the basic physics and common sense. And only that.
    Ignorance does not trump our supposed property rights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  4. #94
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,988

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Why? So a corporate entity has more rights than we as individuals? So our property rights are trumped by any industrial complex? Hmmm?



    Ignorance does not trump our supposed property rights.
    After chewing it through for longer than I should have.... The only right awnser is to leave the owner the final choice and it is still wrong to leave those earing as they are. But the owners choice is final.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  5. #95
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No.

    Company's torture animals by the thousands every day until they die. Why are they not subject to the same laws of property as we are? Hmmm...

    Farmers torture animals every day as well. Why can companys do it in the name of hair spray and fir coats? This is garbage. So far no one has given me a legitimate and legal reason why this woman was charged when much worse go's on unpunished.

    As I said this has nothing to do with animal cruelty. If it did, people by the thousands would be arrested. It is about feel good bull**** and our eroding property rights. And people are so worried about the animals, they can't even see the loss of freedom and fairness under the law
    That is not true. They have to kill the animal quickly and painlessly. While like any industry, animals "slip through the cracks," that does not change what they are required to do. We do kill animals to maintain our lifestyle. We do not allow meat packers, etc to be cruel about it.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  6. #96
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    That is not true. They have to kill the animal quickly and painlessly. While like any industry, animals "slip through the cracks," that does not change what they are required to do. We do kill animals to maintain our lifestyle. We do not allow meat packers, etc to be cruel about it.
    Yes we do....

    LAND O LAKES: LAND OF COW CRUELTY-LIVING & SUFFERING IN FILTH | Change.org

    Cruelty-Free Testing?Why Are Some Cosmetic Companies Still Testing On Animals? | Cinco Vidas

    Fur Farms | Mercy For Animals

    The Endless Torture of Animal Experimentation :: Argumentative Persuasive Topics

    Do I need to even mention the clubing of baby seals?

    We most certainly do allow it by law, for some. That is of course unless it is a cute kitten or puppy.

    The only thing not true here? Your statement.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-18-10 at 01:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #97
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,988

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    If you ain't killin chickens and cows YA AINT RIGHT!

    [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOaCTddlng&feature=related"]YouTube- eff You CHicken and COW![/nomedia]

    (anyone who has seen the whole episode will more than likely get it.)
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

  8. #98
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtpoorchris View Post
    If you ain't killin chickens and cows YA AINT RIGHT!

    YouTube- eff You CHicken and COW!

    (anyone who has seen the whole episode will more than likely get it.)
    Yes that is classic!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #99
    The Almighty
    Kelzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Last Seen
    10-21-17 @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    13,534

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Yes we do....

    LAND O LAKES: LAND OF COW CRUELTY-LIVING & SUFFERING IN FILTH | Change.org

    Cruelty-Free Testing?Why Are Some Cosmetic Companies Still Testing On Animals? | Cinco Vidas

    Fur Farms | Mercy For Animals

    The Endless Torture of Animal Experimentation :: Argumentative Persuasive Topics

    Do I need to even mention the clubing of baby seals?

    We most certainly do allow it buy law, for some. That is of course unless it is a cute kitten or puppy.

    The only thing not true here? Your statement.
    No need to get snippy with me. I've killed animals I've eaten. I see no objective difference between the dog that is licking my foot right now and the pork tenderloin I had for dinner.

    That doesn't mean either my dog or a pig should face torture. The clubbing of baby seals is not torture, it is death. Killing an animal for fur is not torture. Medical testing is an instance where you have to weigh the pros against the cons. The benefits are outweighed by the pain it causes. No one really benefits by torturing a pig to death.
    be humble for you are made of earth; be noble for you are made of stars

    Serbian proverb

  10. #100
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,488

    Re: Should selling 'Gothic Kittens' be a crime?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    No need to get snippy with me. I've killed animals I've eaten. I see no objective difference between the dog that is licking my foot right now and the pork tenderloin I had for dinner.
    Who's getting snippy? You were wrong and your statement is not true. Don't think because I type matter of fact I am getting snippy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    That doesn't mean either my dog or a pig should face torture. The clubbing of baby seals is not torture, it is death.
    So if I hit your dog over and over to crack it's skull, that is not torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Killing an animal for fur is not torture.
    Keeping animals locked in tiny pens in there own feces until they are killed is not torture?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    Medical testing is an instance where you have to weigh the pros against the cons. The benefits are outweighed by the pain it causes.
    Burning monkeys with bleaching products for hair etc is not torture? Heck we need hair care products more than the monkeys.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzie View Post
    No one really benefits by torturing a pig to death.
    And yet you justify all the rest?

    Please tell me why this woman should have been arrested again?

    Again no one has offered any evidence at all as to why this woman should have been arrested for animal cruelty. Yet our own farms and company's do much worse on a daily bases and no arrests.

    Yea for personal property rights being ignored! It's a great day for America!
    Last edited by Black Dog; 04-18-10 at 02:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •