View Poll Results: Does the word democracy upset you?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 11.54%
  • No

    21 80.77%
  • Not Sure

    1 3.85%
  • Other

    1 3.85%
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 168

Thread: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

  1. #131
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Okay. *pats Apocalypse on head.* Whatever you say.
    If I knew we'll be playing dodge today, I'd wear the right shoes.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #132
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    No dog, Goobieman was talking about the US and how people misunderstand it as another form of democracy.
    I've shown him why he's wrong in making that statement, by proving that other nations - not only the US - are following the same "rules".
    But people do misunderstand democracy. When most people say democracy the think majority rule. This is a fact. Our government is not majority rule.

    This literally has nothing to do with other country's or there government. Just because other country's have similar laws in place does not change the fact the word democracy is misunderstood by most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    If I knew we'll be playing dodge today, I'd wear the right shoes.
    Shoes are insufficient to solve your logical quandary.

  4. #134
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    This is why you should come north and marry me.
    You already have a boyfriend, so you are cheating on me already!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    But people do misunderstand democracy. When most people say democracy the think majority rule. This is a fact. Our government is not majority rule.

    This literally has nothing to do with other country's or there government. Just because other country's have similar laws in place does not change the fact the word democracy is misunderstood by most.
    Oh, Quixote, how I love your spunk.

  6. #136
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    But people do misunderstand democracy. When most people say democracy the think majority rule.
    I don't know what most people think, and I don't agree with you acting like you do.
    This is a fact. Our government is not majority rule.
    True.
    The US, the UK, Germany, etc are not based on the majority rule value.
    This literally has nothing to do with other country's or there government. Just because other country's have similar laws in place does not change the fact the word democracy is misunderstood by most.
    So where do we reach the point that Democracy is not the most moral form of regime?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #137
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I don't know what most people think, and I don't agree with you acting like you do.
    So what? Does not change the truth of my statement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The US, the UK, Germany, etc are not based on the majority rule value.
    So where do we reach the point that Democracy is not the most moral form of regime?
    Because morals are subjective.

    End of argument/
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    So where do we reach the point that Democracy is not the most moral form of regime?
    When straight Democracy is compared side by side with a constitutional republic system. Constitutional republic pwns democracy.

  9. #139
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what? Does not change the truth of my statement.
    Actually yes, it is a statements changer I'm afraid my dear mind reading friend.
    Because morals are subjective.

    End of argument/
    That's a whole different argument you're initiating here.

    I'm not speaking about the morality of an individual, but about the human society's moral codes.
    "Values of humanity" if you want it to sound kitschy.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #140
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Do you get upset at the word democracy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Saying so doesn't change a thing.
    Your point has been debunked and shown as a false statement.

    That you have decided not to create a rebuttal implies that you were unable to do so.
    I think you need to actually read what I said.

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •