View Poll Results: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Of course it is

    53 65.43%
  • Only if it culminates in orgasm

    5 6.17%
  • It is not sex

    15 18.52%
  • Undecided

    4 4.94%
  • other

    4 4.94%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 239

Thread: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitas View Post
    When I was younger I would get them at least once every month. Now I get them around 2-3 times yearly.
    Good God, man.
    That is frequent.
    I might've gotten three in one year on my worst year.
    But mine were really, seriously bad; they could be an inch in diameter, with a dozen separate blisters. They were beginning to scar my face up; I've got a small pockmark-looking area on the left corner of my mouth, which is where I always got them. Never had one anywhere else.

    For me, Zovirax doesn't seem to work. I used the cream but now I take a pill form. Abreva work really well though, compared to Zovirax.
    Yeah, I don't recall Zovirax working all that well. It did give me some peace of mind, though, which might've reduced my stress and that in turn might've reduced the number of outbreaks I was having.
    Abreva seems to work well. When I had this latest outbreak a couple of years ago, I used it, and it stopped the cold sore from spreading too terribly much. I'm not sure if it healed up any faster, but it did stop it from getting so big.

    I'm not sure how old you are, but eventually, it's very likely you'll have long periods of dormancy between outbreaks.
    I don't think it's common for people to go through life having the frequency of outbreaks you're experiencing.
    Maybe you should try some vitamin supplements, if you don't already take them. A strong immune system will help ward off outbreaks for longer periods of time.

  2. #172
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Last Seen
    07-07-11 @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Aww... now your just funnin' with me. Not funny!? Sarcasm and subtlety are not everybodies cup of tea. Not sure I have ever been described of as "on edge", might be a first.

    Was not mountain biking when I met the hick, that was in Michigan. Mountain biking in Chino, Whiting, Big Bear and the like are tons of fun.

    Now, regarding the conversation, you did contradict yourself. This fact seems to have gotten lost in your narrow minded, all consuming, hate filled vendetta against me! j/k
    "...hate filled vendetta". ...rrriiiiight. I think we'll just end the conversation now.

  3. #173
    Advisor Sanitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The world.
    Last Seen
    03-05-12 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    I'm not sure how old you are, but eventually, it's very likely you'll have long periods of dormancy between outbreaks.
    I don't think it's common for people to go through life having the frequency of outbreaks you're experiencing.
    Maybe you should try some vitamin supplements, if you don't already take them. A strong immune system will help ward off outbreaks for longer periods of time.
    I'm seventeen, and I've already noticed a big reduction in the amount of outbreaks.Believe it or not, I have a very formidable immune system.

    Is it normal to go into a rage of anger and depression during the first day or two? I'm a very levelheaded person, but when I get an outbreak I try to stay home at all costs. For one, I try to avoid spreading it, but usually I have the worst of all days ever. A few months ago, I was confronted by ALL of teachers and my guidance councilor because "I didn't seem myself". Even fellow other students were making comments about my mood (among other things, including I had a bandaid taped to the side of my mouth). I hardly eat when I get an outbreak, too - because I don't want to, and because I hardly even can...

    Sorry I have so many questions/comments. It's not like I talk openly about this to many people. Ahh, the glory of the internet!
    "All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language...No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." - John Donne

  4. #174
    Advisor Sanitas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The world.
    Last Seen
    03-05-12 @ 02:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    459

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    I love religious types. No facts. No evidence. They understand such things as the "Grand Design" that the rest of us don't because they read a book and believe it above all else. They have this amazing insight and in their arrogance, they mock those that don't agree. Amazing. Love it.
    I noticed your conversation while adding to mine. How conversations can wander....heh.

    I'm not sure if you are joking, or not. If you aren't, I totally agree with you. I find it very respectable for a religious type to say something to the degree of "It's all faith". A lot less bull**** in that equation.
    "All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language...No man is an island, entire of itself...any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee." - John Donne

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitas View Post
    I'm seventeen, and I've already noticed a big reduction in the amount of outbreaks.Believe it or not, I have a very formidable immune system.

    Is it normal to go into a rage of anger and depression during the first day or two? I'm a very levelheaded person, but when I get an outbreak I try to stay home at all costs. For one, I try to avoid spreading it, but usually I have the worst of all days ever. A few months ago, I was confronted by ALL of teachers and my guidance councilor because "I didn't seem myself". Even fellow other students were making comments about my mood (among other things, including I had a bandaid taped to the side of my mouth). I hardly eat when I get an outbreak, too - because I don't want to, and because I hardly even can...

    Sorry I have so many questions/comments. It's not like I talk openly about this to many people. Ahh, the glory of the internet!
    Guy, I feel your pain. Believe me.
    It sucks so bad. It's not funny. People don't understand how debilitating it is, and how damaging to one's self-esteem.
    I did the same as you when I was younger: hid out in the house when I had outbreaks. I mean, I literally didn't show my face in public for a week, if possible.
    Since I've been an adult, I haven't had any choice but to go out in public with a cold sore; I can't miss a week of work. I'd lose my job.
    When I was younger I used to have fits of despair and despondency over it. Not so much rage, but I'm female. Girls tend to internalize things more, and get depressed, while guys externalize and get angry.

    What I've found helpful is just to face the matter head-on.
    When I have to go to work or to a public function with a cold sore, I just tell everybody I talk to, right off the bat, "Hello. How are you doing? Please excuse my cold sore."
    I feel better somehow, having acknowledged it (subconsciously, I guess I'm afraid people will think it's something else, something worse. What? I have no idea).

    It's amazing, when you address the issue that way, how many people are sympathetic and have their own cold-sore horror stories to tell.

    I really hope you can find some relief from this one way or the other.
    Good luck.

  6. #176
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    This is a bit over the top. Do you have a biblical cite for this one or are you just that uptight?
    Who needs a biblical cite for teleology?

  7. #177
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Head is just a tease. It's like a preview.
    Yes, Clinton was guilty of having sex with THAT woman. Now back to the topic, it contains the word "sex" doesn't it?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #178
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,151

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Who needs a biblical cite for teleology?
    Sorry, I thought you were trying to make a moral argument against oral sex on theological grounds, which there are none. There is a big argument, on theological grounds that any sex after divorce is a sin, but that is another discussion. There are numerous Christian websites on sexuality that suggest oral and even anal sex, between married couples, as healthy sexual expression.

    On telelogical grounds, I submit your argument is even shallower or at least less defensible. Oral sex can be a form of stimulation like any other stimulation, which can a) lead to purposeful intercourse or b) just an expression of love and bonding that enhances the martial relationship.

    The argument that a sex act that does not lead to procreation could extend to kissing or any type of fondling. I don't see how oral sex would be any different, teleologically speaking, of course.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 04-11-10 at 02:01 PM.

  9. #179
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Telecaster View Post
    "...hate filled vendetta". ...rrriiiiight. I think we'll just end the conversation now.
    Dude, that was a joke. A rather obvious one too, or so I thought, since it was completely and purposely inaccurate. Chill. This is the internet.

  10. #180
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Is Oral Sex 'Sex'?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitas View Post
    I noticed your conversation while adding to mine. How conversations can wander....heh.

    I'm not sure if you are joking, or not. If you aren't, I totally agree with you. I find it very respectable for a religious type to say something to the degree of "It's all faith". A lot less bull**** in that equation.
    I think religion is simultaneously the greatest and most horrible of mans creations.

    We stopped to listen to a streat preacher yesterday, interesting stuff.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •