View Poll Results: Would ya?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    3 9.68%
  • no

    28 90.32%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 65

Thread: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

  1. #51
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    Suicide is illegal. It is my body, why can't I kill it legally in the whole of the USA.

    And the wholle, you aren't a woman so your opinion is worthless, crap is just that, crap. A non-parent can have an opinion on parenting. A non-soldier can have an opinion on the military and battle. I have a kid, do you? Hope so if you are ever going to shoot off your mouth about parenting, and you know what? You better be a mom if you are going to talk about pregnancy too. Otherwise it is just ****ing tiresome listening to you spout off trying to "explain" what mothers may do with their body.
    Suicide is illegal? So what? I doubt they can charge you after you do the deed. So to people wanting to do it? Either seek help or knock yourself out.

    I cannot take the rest of your post serious after that. Sorry.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #52
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Kali, I'm male, and if you've paid any attention at all you'd know I have a lot more than just a clue.

    1. My wife got pregnant against my wishes... she asked me if I wanted her to abort. I said no, even though at the time I was thinking that I'd made a terrible mistake in marrying her a few months earlier. (turns out, I had.)
    2. When our son was 2, she went off to do her own "free spirit" thing and left us alone. I've spent the past dozen years raising a child from babyhood alone, making that my top priority, sacrificing everything else in life that got in the way. I paid my ****ing dues.
    3. I may not have carried my child inside my body for nine months, but by gosh I've carried him on my back for 12 years, with damnall help from his mother, so bite me.

    I've paid my dues and earned the right to a gall-damn opinion!

    I am very sorry. I really did not know all that and hope you forgive me.

    Agree that you have ever right to your own opinion. Again sorry
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I am very sorry. I really did not know all that and hope you forgive me.

    Agree that you have ever right to your own opinion. Again sorry
    *hugs* And this is why we love you.

  4. #54
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Suicide is illegal? So what? I doubt they can charge you after you do the deed. So to people wanting to do it? Either seek help or knock yourself out.

    I cannot take the rest of your post serious after that. Sorry.
    It is a logical analogy. The government dictates what we can do with our body with suicide, therefore your argument saying that the government can't regarding abortion is ridiculous. You even admit to the suicide part, too bad you are blinded by bias about the abortion part.

    With the rest, for you to say that a man can't have an opinion leads us to think that you feel that a non-soldier can't have an opinion about war. That is stupid. Taking you seriously is the real problem darlin'.

  5. #55
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I am very sorry. I really did not know all that and hope you forgive me.

    Agree that you have ever right to your own opinion. Again sorry
    What about others of us who have stories as well, you lashed at men, now you get all soft and apologetic when one shoves his story under your snout. What's with that crap? So, you just make emotionally charged illogical statements and then catz comes along and forgives your rude outbursts? Your real classy Kali.

  6. #56
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    It is a logical analogy. The government dictates what we can do with our body with suicide, therefore your argument saying that the government can't regarding abortion is ridiculous. You even admit to the suicide part, too bad you are blinded by bias about the abortion part.
    Please back up your claim that suicide is illegal in the whole of the US. Because of that's true, I'd be curious to find out how Oregon and Washington state got around that little snag to pass their assisted suicide laws.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  7. #57
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    I am very sorry. I really did not know all that and hope you forgive me.

    Agree that you have ever right to your own opinion. Again sorry
    It's okay, Kali. We all get excited sometimes, me included.


    Quote Originally Posted by Flea
    What about others of us who have stories as well, you lashed at men, now you get all soft and apologetic when one shoves his story under your snout. What's with that crap? So, you just make emotionally charged illogical statements and then catz comes along and forgives your rude outbursts? Your real classy Kali.
    Kali means well, she just gets excited sometimes. As we all do, when expressing our views.

    I agree that it isn't just me, as a man, that has the "right" to an opinion. Everyone affected or involved in a thing has a right to a position on it.

    For instance, war affects the soldiers themselves most of all, and secondly their families, but it also affects the nation as a whole.

    I'm not the only man, by far, who has a similar story to tell: of loving an unexpected child, making a committment to that child, and fulfilling that committment regardless of the cost or difficulty.

    Despite the "Deadbeat Dad" stereotypes propagated by the media (and I'll grant there are men like that, but not as many as is made out to be), there are LOTS of men, a majority, who love their children dearly and put their efforts where their love is.

    Once we leave the scenario of the teenage or 20-ish ho-dawg types who screw anything that moves and find responsibility abhorrent; once we start talking about actual men and not oversexed boys, there are many men who would be devastated if their wife or lady told them she was going to abort their child.

    The reason we have a right to an opinion is not about male dominance of female reproduction or anything like that. The reason we have a right to be heard on this topic can be summed up in one word: Love.

    We love our children.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #58
    Professor

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Last Seen
    04-15-10 @ 04:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,303

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Arcana XV View Post
    Please back up your claim that suicide is illegal in the whole of the US. Because of that's true, I'd be curious to find out how Oregon and Washington state got around that little snag to pass their assisted suicide laws.
    I quick look to a few legal sites showed me that I am fulll of crap. Suicide is not longer an illegal act in the USA.

    The real issue is physicial assisted suicide. The reason that those states had to "get around" the issue is that the states really have to get around the issue of murder, in the eyes of the state, not assisted suicide.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Flea View Post
    What about others of us who have stories as well, you lashed at men, now you get all soft and apologetic when one shoves his story under your snout. What's with that crap? So, you just make emotionally charged illogical statements and then catz comes along and forgives your rude outbursts? Your real classy Kali.
    Oh, stuff it. Being the person who gives the apology is far classier than the person who throws that apology back in their face.

  10. #60
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Would you change your stance on abortion if ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Suicide is illegal? So what? I doubt they can charge you after you do the deed. So to people wanting to do it? Either seek help or knock yourself out.
    Actually when it comes to insurance, some companies wont pay life insurance to the surviving family if said death is a suicide.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •