View Poll Results: Which of the following do you perceive as terrorism?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deliberately shooting a person to death, motivated with his nationality

    8 25.81%
  • Being a member of a terrorist organization

    17 54.84%
  • Murdering a person with stones/fists, motivated with his nationality

    9 29.03%
  • Bombing a foreign government's stracture/a foreign army's structure, motivated with political causes

    17 54.84%
  • None of the above/Other(what other?)

    8 25.81%
  • McDonald's... I'm lovin' it.

    6 19.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: Terrorism

  1. #31
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    You haven't answered my question. Incidentally i dont know what the hell he is thinking because im not a psychic.
    Now, i could just say "well, he has a gun, he killed white people and he is brown. Therefore, he must be a terrorist". Or i could come at it from a different angle, which is what im trying to do; did your Afghan man kill them because they are in his country, or because they posed a threat to both his country and Islamic (more accurately, religious) heritage?
    The guys he killed were in a British tea-club in Italy.
    The British nation has troops in Afghanistan.
    The Afghan immigrant to Italy has chosen to kill those civilians because he had a desire to kill British nationals, because of his opposition to the British state's policies.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  2. #32
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    The guys he killed were in a British tea-club in Italy.
    The British nation has troops in Afghanistan.
    The Afghan immigrant to Italy has chosen to kill those civilians because he had a desire to kill British nationals, because of his opposition to the British state's policies.
    You still haven't answered my question. I cant give you a response. Chances are you want me to label him a terrorist because he is Afghan and therefore must be so. But i refuse submit to racist stereotypes and will ask you again.

    Did his decision have something to do with the fact that the "invaders" posed a threat to his religious heritage? Did he kill these nationals in the name of protecting this religious heritage?

  3. #33
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Terrorism

    PS: A british tea-club? Lol. Sounds fun.

  4. #34
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    You still haven't answered my question. I cant give you a response. Chances are you want me to label him a terrorist because he is Afghan and therefore must be so. But i refuse submit to racist stereotypes and will ask you again.
    Amusing.
    Did his decision have something to do with the fact that the "invaders" posed a threat to his religious heritage? Did he kill these nationalists in the name of protecting this religious heritage?
    No.
    He has killed those people from national causes, because he is opposing the British policies in Afghanistan.

    The man might have believed he would be rewarded by Allah, but the motivation was not his religion.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #35
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Amusing.
    Is it? Im not laughing.

    No.
    He has killed those people from national causes, because he is opposing the British policies in Afghanistan.
    If you say his motivation wasn't religion but instead a nationalist one, then i guess he is a nationalist and a murderer.

  6. #36
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    Is it? Im not laughing.
    I know you are, deep inside.
    If you say his motivation wasn't religion but instead a nationalist one, then i guess he is a nationalist and a murderer.
    Is he a terrorist?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #37
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: Terrorism

    Other.

    Any attack against a civilian population with the motivation being ideological views
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  8. #38
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I know you are, deep inside.
    Yes, racism is funny......

    Is he a terrorist?
    I answered that already, he is a nationalist and a murderer.

  9. #39
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,205

    Re: Terrorism

    I answered that already, he is a nationalist and a murderer.
    That's like answering the question "Is tomato a vegetable" with "It's a nationalist and a murderer".

    Please answer the following question with either a Yes, a No or an I don't know:
    Is the guy from my example a terrorist?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #40
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    That's like answering the question "Is tomato a vegetable" with "It's a nationalist and a murderer".

    Please answer the following question with either a Yes, a No or an I don't know:
    Is the guy from my example a terrorist?
    wtf. Your asking me if he is a terrorist and im saying he is a nationalist for his country.
    Doesnt that mean no, he is not a terrorist?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •