View Poll Results: Which of the following do you perceive as terrorism?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Deliberately shooting a person to death, motivated with his nationality

    8 25.81%
  • Being a member of a terrorist organization

    17 54.84%
  • Murdering a person with stones/fists, motivated with his nationality

    9 29.03%
  • Bombing a foreign government's stracture/a foreign army's structure, motivated with political causes

    17 54.84%
  • None of the above/Other(what other?)

    8 25.81%
  • McDonald's... I'm lovin' it.

    6 19.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: Terrorism

  1. #11
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Terrorism

    The first option describes nobody other than a nationalist imo.

  2. #12
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    The first option describes nobody other than a nationalist imo.
    Really?

    Does that mean that, in your eyes, a person who'd kill another person entirely because of the killed person's nationality must be a nationalist?

    Example: An Afghan immigrant to Italy opening fire in a British tea-club, killing 7 civilians out of those 6 British nationals, and he has chosen to target the place because of the residents' nationality, since he desired to kill British nationals.

    Can he be something other than a nationalist?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #13
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Terrorism

    Terrorism is when you kill innocent people typically a large group of them in order to make a political point/demands. IMO
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    An action with the intention of instilling fear/terror in the general populace.
    This.

    I would add the deliberate targeting of civilians to achieve goals which can be either political or religious.


  5. #15
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-29-17 @ 02:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,684

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Really?

    Does that mean that, in your eyes, a person who'd kill another person entirely because of the killed person's nationality must be a nationalist?

    Example: An Afghan immigrant to Italy opening fire in a British tea-club, killing 7 civilians out of those 6 British nationals, and he has chosen to target the place because of the residents' nationality, since he desired to kill British nationals.

    Can he be something other than a nationalist?
    He'd be a mass murderer, we'd think gone a bit off his head for political reasons.
    George Monboit "Neoliberalism is inherently incompatible with democracy, as people will always rebel against the austerity and fiscal tyranny it prescribes. Something has to give, and it must be the people. This is the true road to serfdom: disinventing democracy on behalf of the elite."

  6. #16
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by alexa View Post
    He'd be a mass murderer, we'd think gone a bit off his head for political reasons.
    So he wouldn't be a terrorist?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  7. #17
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Really?

    Does that mean that, in your eyes, a person who'd kill another person entirely because of the killed person's nationality must be a nationalist?
    Yes? lol.
    Since we are talking in terms of nationality, which doesn't equal race might i add, he cant be a racist.

    Example: An Afghan immigrant to Italy opening fire in a British tea-club, killing 7 civilians out of those 6 British nationals, and he has chosen to target the place because of the residents' nationality, since he desired to kill British nationals.
    Can he be something other than a nationalist?[/QUOTE]

    Sure, but i wouldn't discount it.
    He probably aimed at those specific people because there nationality are the same set of people who have gone and invaded his country.
    It sounds like the usual response by a pissed nationalist i would say.
    Last edited by MetalGear; 04-04-10 at 07:03 PM.

  8. #18
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Terrorism is when you kill innocent people typically a large group of them in order to make a political point/demands. IMO
    So you say that terrorism is the killing of innocent, uninvolved civilians for political causes.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  9. #19
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,207

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalGear View Post
    Yes? lol.


    Sure, but i wouldn't discount it.
    He probably aimed at those specific people because there nationality are the same set of people who have gone and invaded his country.
    It sounds like the usual response by a pissed nationalist i would say.
    Can you please mark what differs, in your opinion, between this man from my example and a man who you would consider a terrorist?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #20
    In a house by the river
    MetalGear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Denmark, Grena
    Last Seen
    05-16-11 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,233

    Re: Terrorism

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Can you please mark what differs, in your opinion, between this man from my example and a man who you would consider a terrorist?
    Terrorists are nationalists.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •