View Poll Results: Which do you Prefer

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • A purely Socialist economy

    5 6.25%
  • An economy with more Socialism then Capitalism

    10 12.50%
  • An economy with equal Socialist and Capitalist ideas

    12 15.00%
  • An economy with more Capitalism then Socialism

    34 42.50%
  • A purely Capitalist society

    19 23.75%
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 197

Thread: Socialism vs. Capitalism

  1. #91
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    But that's not what is happening.
    According to your argument, that's exactly what is happening.

    Don't play accounting games.
    Ah, Irony...

  2. #92
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    According to your argument, that's exactly what is happening.
    No, it's not. Not even close. Basic accounting.

  3. #93
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    No, it's not. Not even close.
    Yeah. Right.

  4. #94
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is false.
    All work for the benefit of themsleves. They might work for a corporation; if they do, they do it to benefit themselves.
    It is up to the people to supply their own needs.
    Don't fool yourself. They are working for the benefit of the corporation. The corporation, like the state, provides money for their needs...but they do not work for themselves by any shape or form any more than the worker in the socialist state works for themselves.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #95
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Don't fool yourself. They are working for the benefit of the corporation.
    Not true in my observation. I assure you I work for the corporation that employs me because they give me the best pay and benefits for what I want to do. If someone else makes me a better offer, I'll change jobs. I work so that I can pay my bills and live the lifestyle I want.
    If people are working "for the good of the corporation", it's because they want the corporation to succeed, which in turn gives them a better retirement or security of some type. The only people I know of that work for the good of the corporation are the owners of said corporations.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  6. #96
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by lizzie View Post
    Not true in my observation. I assure you I work for the corporation that employs me because they give me the best pay and benefits for what I want to do. If someone else makes me a better offer, I'll change jobs. I work so that I can pay my bills and live the lifestyle I want.
    If people are working "for the good of the corporation", it's because they want the corporation to succeed, which in turn gives them a better retirement or security of some type. The only people I know of that work for the good of the corporation are the owners of said corporations.
    You are still working for the benefit of the corporation in the same way that the worker in the socialist state works for the benefit of the state.
    The fact that either is compensated simply supplys for their needs.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #97
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    You are still working for the benefit of the corporation in the same way that the worker in the socialist state works for the benefit of the state.
    The fact that either is compensated simply supplys for their needs.
    I'm working for the benefit of me. If the corporation happens to benefit because I am part of the workforce, they benefit as well, from having a good employee. I'm not there to make the corporation better. I'm there to make my life better. Sometimes, both things happen, but it's my life that I wish to improve.

    The way I view it is they are fortunate to have me for an employee. I have good credentials and am very good at my job. They cannot replace me easily.
    Last edited by lizzie; 04-01-10 at 06:37 PM.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

  8. #98
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Gosh, if only the voters have 100% of the power to elect people no matter what anyone spends.
    Yeah, because campaign funding for re-elections has absolutely nothing to do with the outcomes of elections.

  9. #99
    Educator
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Sacramento California
    Last Seen
    08-06-11 @ 02:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    706

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    This poll is deceiving because you cannot have a socialist government and capitalist government working together as a single body. It's either socialism or capitalism, there is no idealist 'perfect' world where socialism and capitalism can work together under the same government.
    Right you are. Socialism is the workers in power. Capitalism is the exploiters/bosses (non-workers) in power.
    "We may have destroyed this country, but we got rich doing it!" --The GOP
    There is a special place in hell for those who care only about themselves.

  10. #100
    Sage
    lizzie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    between two worlds
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,581

    Re: Socialism vs. Capitalism

    Quote Originally Posted by faminedynasty View Post
    Right you are. Socialism is the workers in power. Capitalism is the exploiters/bosses (non-workers) in power.
    In reality, in socialism the workers have no power. The state has power and the workers are like bees in a hive. If we were like bees and all willingly sacrificed for the good of the colony, it might work, but humans are a wee bit evolved compared to honeybees.
    "God is the name by which I designate all things which cross my path violently and recklessly, all things which alter my plans and intentions, and change the course of my life, for better or for worse."
    -C G Jung

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •