View Poll Results: What should be done about Iran's supposed nuclear ambitions?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Full out war

    2 10.53%
  • Bomb the nuclear sites

    6 31.58%
  • Countries should stop all trading with Iran

    7 36.84%
  • More sanctions

    8 42.11%
  • Encourage Iranian citizens to rise against government

    10 52.63%
  • Make a better deal with Iran to get them to stop

    3 15.79%
  • Continue to monitor sites to verify into

    8 42.11%
  • Demand public proof of no nuclear weapon ambitions

    7 36.84%
  • Do nothing

    1 5.26%
  • Other

    2 10.53%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

  1. #21
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    First off, the Goldestone report have been heavily critizised and it was made from UN. For instance, they said in the report that Hamas only fired two missled against Israel before the Gaza offensive, when the answer is more like 100. It's not a very good report.

    But the report as far I have read in the summary mention nukes no where in the report. The danger of Israel passing on their nuclear weapons, especially to terrorist is very low. While for Iran it's very high. As well, the risk of Israel using nukes is also much lower than Iran using nukes. Another argument is that we don't want any other country to have nuclear weapons. Why should Iran get nuclear weapons, when we don't even want Germany to have nukes.
    more foolishness
    the UN Goldstone report was criticized by the zionists. wonder why
    offer up the proof that you can find proving the Goldstone report to be in error
    PROOF. more than your unfounded opinion is required to evidence errors of the Goldstone report. i'll wait for your reply

    tell us why there is a high expectation that iran would pass on its nation's nuclear devices to terrorists. document it; this should be rich

    why do you insist that israel would be unlikely to use its nuclear weapons? we have seen time and again where israel will cross soverign borders and initiate hostile military action
    yet, such hostile inclination has not been evidenced by iran in almost 200 years
    and if israel has no intention to ever use the nuclear devices it has spent substantial resources to build, then why did it build them at such great cost

    in short, your conclusions are based entirely on emotion and are without anything resembling logic
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #22
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jucon View Post
    What should be done about Iran in their supposed ambitions to acquire nuclear weapons; either by America, the U.N., or the international community?
    I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill them all!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #23
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill them all!
    Calm down now Johnny Rico.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  4. #24
    Educator Jucon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 07:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    787

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
    They could, but I think they will find that Israel with support from the US is a hard target to beat. Attacking targets far away is more difficult than defending and Iran won't be able to attack Israel very efficently, especally since Iran is a poor country without a very good army.

    I don't think they will dare, but if it happends, then it's a good opportunity for the US to destroy all public bouldings, military and palaces for Irans leaders. They won't like that and will probably stop fighting. If not, you can pretty much just ignore them. They don't have a military anyway.
    By destroying public buildings you will destroy locations that are either inhabited by or surrounded by Iranian citizens. These locations are still part of the infrastructure of Iran. Destroy them and their entire system could collapse.

    Imagine another country bombing our capital. I'm going to assume most people would be pissed that a foreign country violently interfered with our government rather than allowing the citizens to handle it through our election process.

    You cannot kill Iranian citizens, whether involved in the government or not, and assume all Iranian citizens will then come to the side of the UN or America. Attacking them will likely either cause them to fight back, killing more people on both sides, or start a civil war in Iran by multiple sides trying to grab the most power. I don't think the current Iranian government has enough power to be able to control it's citizens once bombs start falling.

    Again, look at what happened in Iraq. Have people forgotten already? Aren't we supposed to learn from the past?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I'm from Buenos Aires and I say kill them all!
    Wow someone is blood thirsty.

    If any violent action is to be taken it should be strictly limited to bombing the nuclear production sites. And even then the information used to determine these sites should be confirmed by using every resource available to us. And it should be confirmed that these locations are specifically being used to produce nuclear weapons. Any bombing of a location that is not directly linked to nuclear production would be greatly looked down upon by the Iranians and the international community.
    Last edited by Jucon; 03-31-10 at 02:31 PM.

  5. #25
    Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla
    SgtRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Last Seen
    11-27-17 @ 08:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    A better option would have been to stop funding Israel. The second that power shifted to Israel, nations like Iraq and Iran wanted to balance that power. It's too late now to withdraw support from Israel, but that is basically the source of it.

    Even though I hate the mullahs and the theocracy of Iran, I support Iran creating a nuclear deterrent so that it can be immune to invasion from Western forces. I also support the Iranian people in their struggle to return to democracy.
    Do you believe that the Twelvers in control of Iran now only want nuclear weapons as a deterrent? If so you need to do some reseach on thier beliefs. Ahmadinejad and the mullahs believe they are to prepare the world for the return of the madhi. Do you have any idea what they believe this entails?
    Last edited by SgtRock; 03-31-10 at 02:52 PM.
    When America is strong the world is calm, When America is weak tyrants and terrorist slaughter the meek. ~ SgtRock

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Massive efficient sanctions, covert operations, and as a last resort, preemptive strike.
    Sanctions don't work as long as Russia and China aren't taking part.

    There probably already are covert operations, especially from Israel.

    Israel and minor allies would be the only ones taking part in a pre-emptive strike at this time. The Western bloc will not take part in another invasion and the U.S. cannot afford one.

  7. #27
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Sanctions don't work as long as Russia and China aren't taking part.
    I am positive that they would take part.
    There probably already are covert operations, especially from Israel.
    Obviously.
    They can be increased I'm certain.
    Israel and minor allies would be the only ones taking part in a pre-emptive strike at this time. The Western bloc will not take part in another invasion and the U.S. cannot afford one.
    I disagree about the U.S.-concerned statement.
    The rest I leave as a possibility.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I am positive that they would take part.
    Evidence? Because mostly, what they are saying and doing, contradicts what you just said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    I disagree about the U.S.-concerned statement.
    Why?

  9. #29
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,217

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Evidence? Because mostly, what they are saying and doing, contradicts what you just said.
    Do I really need to post evidence for today's news?

    Six world powers, including China, have agreed to start drawing up new sanctions on Iran over its nuclear program, a source has revealed.

    Representatives of the US, Britain, France and Germany were said to have reached agreement with Beijing and Moscow during a conference call.

    The unnamed source, with knowledge of the talks, said: "It has been agreed with China to start drawing up sanctions on Iran.

    "Drawing up of a Security Council resolution is to begin in the next few days."

    Iran has been conducting low-level enrichment of uranium in the central city of Natanz for several years, in defiance of three sets of UN sanctions.

    World leaders accuse Iran of developing a nuclear arsenal but Tehran says its nuclear program is intended only to generate electricity.

    The US, Britain, France, Germany and Russia have been pushing for "strong" new UN sanctions against Iran over its nuclear drive.

    Diplomats say China has been slowly falling in line with the other powers involved in the negotiations on Iran but Beijing wants any new steps to be weak.
    Six World Powers Agree To Start Work On Iran Sanctions | World News | Sky News
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Why?
    I believe that the US army is capable of handling Iran in addition to the conflicts it's already engaged in.
    I believe it is drastically underestimated by the media.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 03-31-10 at 04:46 PM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  10. #30
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,173

    Re: What should be done about Iran's Nuclear Ambitions?

    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Do I really need to post evidence for today's news?

    Six World Powers Agree To Start Work On Iran Sanctions | World News | Sky News

    I believe that the US army is capable of handling Iran in addition to the conflicts it's already engaged in.
    I believe it is drastically underestimated by the media.
    iran is no threat to the USA
    why should American troops fight iran
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •