View Poll Results: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, this particular young man is a perfect example

    13 17.33%
  • No, never.

    39 52.00%
  • The justice system needs another alternative for extremely young, potentially dangerous offenders

    18 24.00%
  • Other, please explain

    5 6.67%
Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 519

Thread: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    They are currently locked up inside my bag.
    ..........

  2. #142
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    It would have explained how you would have had no knowledge of current events being part of the school curriculum......
    I suppose different school systems have different agendas.....
    Wonderful that state's rights thing, isn't it?


    Seriously, though, I was not aware that current events, such as showing children the news related to accused murderers, would be part of a social studies curriculum.

    Do they also show the kids info on the latest, up to the minute info on sexual assaults and domestic battery, or is it limited to violent homicide?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Wonderful that state's rights thing, isn't it?


    Seriously, though, I was not aware that current events, such as showing children the news related to accused murderers, would be part of a social studies curriculum.

    Do they also show the kids info on the latest, up to the minute info on sexual assaults and domestic battery, or is it limited to violent homicide?
    I hardly think any social studies curriculum is going to leverage a story like this to impress upon 11 year old children that their government will place them in cages like animals for being naughty. Especially not at a time when we are trying to impress upon children that police and authority figures are who you go to when you need to report something bad happening to you or your peers.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Wonderful that state's rights thing, isn't it?


    Seriously, though, I was not aware that current events, such as showing children the news related to accused murderers, would be part of a social studies curriculum.

    Do they also show the kids info on the latest, up to the minute info on sexual assaults and domestic battery, or is it limited to violent homicide?
    Have you considered the possibility that exposure to news in general, could possibly lead to it being discovered/.....
    Especially witha headline that says: 11 YEAR OLD TO BE TRIED AS ADULT?....

  5. #145
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I hardly think any social studies curriculum is going to leverage a story like this to impress upon 11 year old children that their government will place them in cages like animals for being naughty. Especially not at a time when we are trying to impress upon children that police and authority figures are who you go to when you need to report something bad happening to you or your peers.
    I've read through that three or four times, and you know what, I'm not too sure about that.

    Some of the authoritarian types seem to feel that fear is the best tool for subjugation.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  6. #146
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Have you considered the possibility that exposure to news in general, could possibly lead to it being discovered/.....
    Especially witha headline that says: 11 YEAR OLD TO BE TRIED AS ADULT?....
    But what does that have to do with school curriculum?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I've read through that three or four times, and you know what, I'm not too sure about that.

    Some of the authoritarian types seem to feel that fear is the best tool for subjugation.
    And then we wonder why kids act out in negative ways.

  8. #148
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    And then we wonder why kids act out in negative ways.
    Well, when the natural distrust for authority that occurs in pubescence is coupled with authoritarian-style teaching, rebellion becomes assured.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #149
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    But what does that have to do with school curriculum?

    It does not have to specifically about that, there are many other sources of information....
    I'm saying that a national news item could be viewed by a child as a part of his current events assignment.....
    Last edited by Partisan; 03-30-10 at 04:38 PM.

  10. #150
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Should an 11 year old ever be tried as an adult?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    Now you're just being dishonest about it....
    It does not have to specifically about that, there are many other sources of information....
    I'm saying that a national news item could be viewed by a child as a part of his current events assignment.....
    Wait, you invent a scenario from out of thin air, i.e. you are essentially saying "this could be something that a child might possibly potentially just out of pure raw chance encounter while performing a hypotehtical current events assignment that may or may not ever happen but just for the sake of my argument let's pretend it actually does happen like all the time, even though I've completely made it up right at this second but you know it could so totally happen maybe.", and I'm the one being dishonest?


    Could a child encounter it? Sure. Is it at all likely? Not really.
    Last edited by Tucker Case; 03-30-10 at 04:41 PM.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •