View Poll Results: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    28 36.36%
  • No

    33 42.86%
  • Maybe

    1 1.30%
  • Other

    15 19.48%
Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 358

Thread: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

  1. #131
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    Children are going to drink alcohol whether it's illegal or not. Children are going to try drugs whether it's illegal or not. The only question is whether or not we're going to toss them in jail with life-long offenders of serious crimes and make it nearly impossible for them to gain lawful well-paying employment when they get older.
    True. But drug use among children will increase if drugs are legal, just as it is with alcohol. Drugs will be as easy to get as beer for kids.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  2. #132
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Drugs will be as easy to get as beer for kids.
    Pffft drugs were easier to get than beer when I was a kiddo.

  3. #133
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    True. But drug use among children will increase if drugs are legal, just as it is with alcohol. Drugs will be as easy to get as beer for kids.
    bull**** again!!!

    Drug Decriminalization in Portugal: Lessons for Creating Fair and Successful Drug Policies | Glenn Greenwald | Cato Institute: White Paper

    page 12 and 13 will show the decline in usage for school age children after Portugal decriminalized ALL drugs in 2001.

    And illegal drugs are already easier than beer to get for kids.
    Last edited by marduc; 03-29-10 at 12:08 PM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  4. #134
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    bull**** again!!!

    Drug Decriminalization in Portugal: Lessons for Creating Fair and Successful Drug Policies | Glenn Greenwald | Cato Institute: White Paper

    page 12 and 13 will show the decline in usage for school age children after Portugal decriminalized ALL drugs in 2001.

    And illegal drugs are already easier than beer to get for kids.
    Portugal? You are joking, right?
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  5. #135
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    True. But drug use among children will increase if drugs are legal, just as it is with alcohol. Drugs will be as easy to get as beer for kids.
    Yeah, beer isn't all that easy to get.

    Drugs is easier to get because criminals will sell to anybody and will even use other kids to sell because they don't care anyway.

    Beer is harder for kids to get because beer is legal and regulated, which means criminals don't sell beer because it can be gotten too easily by adults at stores; however, stores won't risk not being able to sell beer to adults legally for selling to kids.

    If kids were to get drugs, it would likely be from their parents or the parents of a friend of theirs. However, that's not as much of an argument since that happens today with beer but beer is still legal.

  6. #136
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    Portugal? You are joking, right?
    has the US decriminalized All drugs so we can use a "domestic" study?

    feel free to provide evidence to counter this instead of your unsubstantiated bull****ting, and while you are at it tell me why a drug using kid in Portugal is so much different than a drug using kid in the US.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  7. #137
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I'm watching "Fareed Zakaria GPS" on CNN and Mexico's President Felipe Calderon is calling for the U.S. to start legalizing drugs to stop the drug violence in Mexico. He says that the U.S. is the highest consumer in the world of illegal drugs, so U.S. demand dictates the prices for Mexican drug suppliers. So if the U.S. started legalizing drugs, Mexican drug violence would decrease and help bring back order.

    So my question is this: if U.S. consumption of illegal drugs is causing problems in Mexico, does the United States have the responsibility to legalize or decriminalize drugs so that Mexico loses it's black market as a drug supplier which will reduce drug violence in Mexico?
    I wouldn't say we have a responsibility; but I think it's the wise thing to do. You know, if we're one of the largest consumers of illegal drugs, maybe some of it shouldn't be illegal.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #138
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    has the US decriminalized All drugs so we can use a "domestic" study?

    feel free to provide evidence to counter this instead of your unsubstantiated bull****ting, and while you are at it tell me why a drug using kid in Portugal is so much different than a drug using kid in the US.
    Portugal has about the per capita income of Puerto Rico, not to mention only 10 million people. It is a dirt poor country. It is nothing like the US. The US is much more complex. Their culture is totally different and our children do have disposable income.. If you don't know the difference between American kids and children of Portugal I can't help you.
    Comparing The US to Portugal is beyond ridiculous.
    Last edited by USA_1; 03-29-10 at 12:32 PM.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  9. #139
    Guru
    USA_1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    BANNED
    Last Seen
    04-16-11 @ 02:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,142

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    So you're saying it's okay for Portuguese kids to take drugs but not American kids?
    No. I am saying our children are different then theirs and drug use will increase among American children if drugs are legalized just as it is with alcohol.
    "This Administration will constantly strive to promote an ownership society in America. We want more people owning their own home. It is in our national interest that more people own their own home. After all, if you own your own home, you have a vital stake in the future of our country."" GWB

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Should the U.S. legalize drugs for Mexico's benefit?

    Quote Originally Posted by USA-1 View Post
    No. I am saying our children are different then theirs and drug use will increase among American children if drugs are legalized just as it is with alcohol.
    Evidence to support you claim? You have none. Mere speculation. Whereas we have studies that show there is no appreciable increase in usage when decriminalizing or legalizing.

Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •