View Poll Results: What's your level of education?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Some high school

    4 6.90%
  • High school graduate (or GED)

    1 1.72%
  • Some college

    7 12.07%
  • College or trade school diploma

    11 18.97%
  • Some university

    4 6.90%
  • University degree

    25 43.10%
  • Other

    6 10.34%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Level of education

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Level of education

    What's your level of education?

    Just curious to see the demographic around here.

  2. #2
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    15,011

    Re: Level of education

    I selected Univ. Degree. Almost picked Other. Have a BS and a Masters.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: Level of education

    Oh, I think there's a difference in the language. In the U.S. you call post-secondary "college". In Canada, "college" refers to schools with diploma programs, and "university" refers to schools with degree programs.

    For the purposes of this poll, "college" =/= "university"

  4. #4
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Level of education

    I posted "Other" because most of the useful stuff I've learned in my life I've done so either through self-teaching, experience, or outside the classroom.

  5. #5
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Level of education

    Still in high school, so I technically don't have a high school education, or a GED, but I hope to go for a MBA when the time comes.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  6. #6
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Level of education

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Oh, I think there's a difference in the language. In the U.S. you call post-secondary "college". In Canada, "college" refers to schools with diploma programs, and "university" refers to schools with degree programs.

    For the purposes of this poll, "college" =/= "university"
    The colloquialisms are pretty interesting between the U.S. and Canada. Universities/colleges are indeed one in the same.....but not at the same time. For instance, I actually went to a particular University college, that is....my major was the particular curriculum within the college that was part of the entire University system. However we also have standalone colleges as well.

    Now that I think of it we really do make things too complicated over here sometimes.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #7
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,535

    Re: Level of education

    MA degree, Chico State College (now CSU Chico) 1973.

    Holy crap, I'm getting old!
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  8. #8
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Level of education

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Still in high school, so I technically don't have a high school education, or a GED, but I hope to go for a MBA when the time comes.
    I'll offer you a piece of friendly advice, treat the MBA degree as a good foundation, but don't forget that the real world and the MBA theoretical aren't always compatible, I have seen way too many M.B.A.'s fail in the real world because they came out thinking they knew everything and couldn't get it in their heads that an employee under you who's been there longer might have perspective that that degree could never provide you with. Good luck though man! Hope the best for you.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #9
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Level of education

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    I'll offer you a piece of friendly advice, treat the MBA degree as a good foundation, but don't forget that the real world and the MBA theoretical aren't always compatible, I have seen way too many M.B.A.'s fail in the real world because they came out thinking they knew everything and couldn't get it in their heads that an employee under you who's been there longer might have perspective that that degree could never provide you with. Good luck though man! Hope the best for you.
    Thanks. I've heard from everyone I've talked to that its best to at least work as an intern before going after an MBA, simply because of the work experience of how to apply the theories learned in the class room, so I'll try to avoid being a mainstream MBA.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  10. #10
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Level of education

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Thanks. I've heard from everyone I've talked to that its best to at least work as an intern before going after an MBA, simply because of the work experience of how to apply the theories learned in the class room, so I'll try to avoid being a mainstream MBA.
    You're welcome. Those people are correct, there is no replacement for real world experience.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •