View Poll Results: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    10 10.87%
  • No

    69 75.00%
  • Other (in a post)

    5 5.43%
  • Don't know

    8 8.70%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 67

Thread: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-23-17 @ 05:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    15,429
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    I doubt it. Most people lack the courage of their convictions. Its easy to shout rebellion when there isn't an M-1 Abrams sitting outside you compound, with helicopters going overheard and armed government agents just waiting for the call to move in.

    The people that would rebel in this fashion are in a very small minority that would be unable to muster a serious threat to the government.
    "Loyalty only matters when there's a hundred reasons not to be-" Gen. Mattis

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    06-29-10 @ 11:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,801

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaprogman View Post
    Do you think there will be an armed citizen rebellion or civil war against the government within the next 10 years?
    Maybe if Palin becomes POTUS.

  3. #53
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    I doubt it. Most people lack the courage of their convictions. Its easy to shout rebellion when there isn't an M-1 Abrams sitting outside you compound, with helicopters going overheard and armed government agents just waiting for the call to move in.

    The people that would rebel in this fashion are in a very small minority that would be unable to muster a serious threat to the government.
    If there was any significant rebellion, what makes you think there are enough secret Obama agents to sit out in front of all of their houses?

    Edit to add: there are 300,000,000 Americans. More than half of them oppose ObamaCare and socialism.
    Last edited by Politics101; 04-02-10 at 11:53 PM.

  4. #54
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    It is already happening on a very small scale due to this health care bill. I have no doubt it will happen in a bigway within next 10 years. I am scared and prepaired. I will also fight to defend myself if anybody wants to get all crazy and try to take over my home as a dwelling place to use to fight. I will die before I let someone take away what is mine.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  5. #55
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    It is already happening on a very small scale due to this health care bill. I have no doubt it will happen in a bigway within next 10 years. I am scared and prepaired. I will also fight to defend myself if anybody wants to get all crazy and try to take over my home as a dwelling place to use to fight. I will die before I let someone take away what is mine.
    We should ban guns, because then we'd all be safe and live in perfect harmony.

  6. #56
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    Right now the rebellion is coming from the right-wing, but you know what... Let's not call it a rebellion, because it's not. They will have to keep dreaming. It's laughable when you think about it.

    Right-wing people seem to just "go with the flow." Yes they are very vocal on moderate and center-left policies... But it's all political. Once the Republicans are back in power I can guarantee 100% (I'll even bet my life's saving, house, car, job, and everything me and my family owns on it!) these tea-party protesters will find something else to do with their time.

    Don't get me wrong though, back in 2008 when the tea-parties were new (the ones protesting the Federal Reserve) I thought it was going to be a true awakening, but after the Republican party hijacked it and starting using Sarah Palin as their "leader" I knew it was a con operation. It's also amazing how these people didn't have a problem with AIG bailouts. Tea-party idol Glenn Beck even liked the idea of bailing out the banks with your tax dollars.

    I spoke out against both the Bush AND Obama bailouts by the way so find someone else to call a hypocrite.
    Vote John Schnatter (Papa John) 2012!

  7. #57
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Right now the rebellion is coming from the right-wing, but you know what... Let's not call it a rebellion, because it's not. They will have to keep dreaming. It's laughable when you think about it.

    .
    Huh? They are NOT putting forth a rebellion. Its partison politics per usual. Dems like it? Reps dont. Same **** different day.

    America NEEDS a 3rd Party!!!!!!
    America needs the Constitution Party or the Libertarian Party!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  8. #58
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    Once the Republicans are back in power I can guarantee 100% (I'll even bet my life's saving, house, car, job, and everything me and my family owns on it!) these tea-party protesters will find something else to do with their time.
    So, let me get this straight. What you're saying is that once the problem is solved, the people who helped solve the problem will be happy? Shocking!
    Last edited by Politics101; 04-03-10 at 03:19 AM.

  9. #59
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,702

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    So, let me get this straight. What you're saying is that once the problem is solved, the people who helped solve the problem will be happy? Shocking!
    A decent portion of them will be satisfied that a more conservative party is put back into power. Some of them were merely political party supporters. Others were not. Those who aren't will come to silence by at least one of a few ways: they will be moderately satisfied, will be drowned out by the other voices, or will shrink away from political activity once more.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  10. #60
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Do you think there will be a major rebellion?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Huh? They are NOT putting forth a rebellion. Its partison politics per usual. Dems like it? Reps dont. Same **** different day.

    America NEEDS a 3rd Party!!!!!!
    America needs the Constitution Party or the Libertarian Party!
    Another populist movement couldn't hurt.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •