View Poll Results: do away with the electoral college?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

    29 46.77%
  • no

    29 46.77%
  • other

    4 6.45%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
Results 111 to 116 of 116

Thread: the electoral college

  1. #111
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: the electoral college

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarcho-fascist View Post
    Why would they spend more time where there's a low population density? Right now candidates go all over contested states.
    No they don't. That's the point. Please go back and read this thread; I've posted evidence more than once.

  2. #112
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: the electoral college

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarcho-fascist View Post
    The People shall serve the State free from the bonds of hierarchical control!!!
    Because fascism isn't completely authoritarian and divisive in nature?
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  3. #113
    Educator
    Anarcho-fascist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    T E X A S !
    Last Seen
    09-26-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,069
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: the electoral college

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    No they don't. That's the point. Please go back and read this thread; I've posted evidence more than once.
    You posted assertions that they spend almost all of their time in battleground states, and ignore the states that aren't contested.
    I agree with that.
    I am saying that they go all over the states that are contested.

    They would campaign in more states, but wouldn't they concentrate their effort on the large cities?

  4. #114
    Educator
    Anarcho-fascist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    T E X A S !
    Last Seen
    09-26-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,069
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: the electoral college

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    Because fascism isn't completely authoritarian and divisive in nature?
    Yes it is.
    Last edited by Anarcho-fascist; 04-02-10 at 09:55 PM. Reason: made less snarky

  5. #115
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: the electoral college

    Quote Originally Posted by Anarcho-fascist View Post
    You posted assertions that they spend almost all of their time in battleground states, and ignore the states that aren't contested.
    I agree with that.
    I am saying that they go all over the states that are contested.

    They would campaign in more states, but wouldn't they concentrate their effort on the large cities?
    No, I posted facts, not assertions; I even had maps showing where they campaigned.

    Even with your argument, they are still only campaigning in contested states (meaning about 20% of the country). And of course in those states they are going where they can reach the most people: cities. It would be foolish not to, really.

    Without the electoral college, they will probably still mostly concentrate on cities -- you go where the people are -- but at least they would be doing it all over the US instead of just the few contested states.

  6. #116
    Educator
    Anarcho-fascist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    T E X A S !
    Last Seen
    09-26-14 @ 11:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,069
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: the electoral college

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    No, I posted facts, not assertions; I even had maps showing where they campaigned.

    Even with your argument, they are still only campaigning in contested states (meaning about 20% of the country). And of course in those states they are going where they can reach the most people: cities. It would be foolish not to, really.

    Without the electoral college, they will probably still mostly concentrate on cities -- you go where the people are -- but at least they would be doing it all over the US instead of just the few contested states.
    You posted statements that you asserted were facts. The terms aren't mutually exclusive.
    Could you post the maps?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •