View Poll Results: Should B&B owners be allowed to refuse gay couples?

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they should be allowed to refuse anyone for any reason

    65 59.63%
  • The should be allowed to refuse if it violates their religious beliefs

    3 2.75%
  • They should be fined for discriminating against gays

    16 14.68%
  • They should lose their B&B license for discriminating against gays

    19 17.43%
  • Other, please explain

    6 5.50%
Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 403

Thread: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous grounds

  1. #51
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Thats what I said you ****ing idiot!
    I'm acknowledging that.....
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #52
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    I'm acknowledging that.....
    OK. Well don't make it sound like I am stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #53
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    OK. Well don't make it sound like I am stupid.
    My mistake...I had misread your post several posts ago and was acknowledging....or at least attempting to acknowledge that......
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  4. #54
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    My mistake...I had misread your post several posts ago and was acknowledging....or at least attempting to acknowledge that......
    OK. Forgive the name calling, but that is frustrating, not being understood I mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    The right to be free a discrimination. The civil rights laws were enacted to prohibit businesses from engaging in this type of discrimination. Its part of doing business in this country. Why do you expect businesses to be able to operate freely without adhering to the rules that our society sets?
    The right to be free from discrimination? Are you serious? We discriminate amongst many lines. The most frequent is that of ability. Or are you saying that a high school drop out should have the same probability of landing a job as head researcher in a government lab as a Ph.D. physicist? There is no right to be "free from discrimination". That's like saying you have a right to not be offended.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #56
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The right to be free from discrimination? Are you serious? We discriminate amongst many lines. The most frequent is that of ability. Or are you saying that a high school drop out should have the same probability of landing a job as head researcher in a government lab as a Ph.D. physicist? There is no right to be "free from discrimination". That's like saying you have a right to not be offended.
    Are you aware of the civil rights laws that we have in this country? If not, you might want to read them. They do not apply to the situations that you are suggesting.

    There is a price to do business in this country. Businesses are not free to set up shop and reap the benefits of our society without complying with laws that our society has said we want to make our communities better places to live.
    If a business doesn't want to comply, they can close up shop or move their business to a country where they are free to discriminate. However, we, in the United States have said that we do not want discrimination in our community.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  7. #57
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Are you aware of the civil rights laws that we have in this country? If not, you might want to read them. They do not apply to the situations that you are suggesting.
    Of course I know the civil rights laws. I also know they don't apply to my case. Why? Because there's no right to be free from discrimination! We've merely created what we call "protected classes".

    There is a price for freedom in this country and that is if you don't like the way a business is handling itself, you may have to get off your ass and do something about it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #58
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Of course I know the civil rights laws. I also know they don't apply to my case. Why? Because there's no right to be free from discrimination! We've merely created what we call "protected classes".
    What case are you talking about?

    If you know the civil rights laws and UNDERSTAND them...you would know that businesses are not allowed to operate by prohibiting access to people based on color, gender, age, ethnicty...etc.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  9. #59
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What case are you talking about?

    If you know the civil rights laws and UNDERSTAND them...you would know that businesses are not allowed to operate by prohibiting access to people based on color, gender, age, ethnicty...etc.
    Disney, trust me, don't bother with him. He believes in certain magical laws/rights and does not acknowledge anything else. If you keep this up, all you will achieve is your own frustration.

  10. #60
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Should a Bed and Breakfast Owner be allowed to refuse Gay couples on religous gro

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    What case are you talking about?
    My previous scenario

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    If you know the civil rights laws and UNDERSTAND them...you would know that businesses are not allowed to operate by prohibiting access to people based on color, gender, age, ethnicty...etc.
    You asked if I was aware of them, not if I agreed with them.
    Last edited by Ikari; 03-24-10 at 07:47 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •