View Poll Results: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care reform?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    31 32.63%
  • No

    49 51.58%
  • Maybe/other/I do not know

    15 15.79%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 125

Thread: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care reform?

  1. #81
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by marduc View Post
    This is no different than Medicare and SS.. once in, repealing it is unthinkable, that will now be political suicide, although modifying it is possible, and in some cases that can be welcomed and needed.
    Smart minds think alike.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    No. I didn't say they should have to all pay the same rates, just that the rate should be more than zero (not participating at all).
    My choice is to choose a policy with a high deductible, since I have absolutely no health problems and intend to keep it that way, to the best of my ability. I only need it for major medical.

    What I don't want is to be thrown in with the rest of America, which is overweight, eats crap, and doesn't exercise. Also, I reject some of what standard medicine does, and definitely believe in Holistic alternatives and Holistic lifestyles.

    I resent, then, the Federal government forcing me to participate in a system that is at odds with my personal beliefs, that mainly benefits those who abuse their bodies with poor lifestyle choices.
    Last edited by MyOwnDrum; 03-24-10 at 03:23 PM.

  3. #83
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by Mystery21 View Post
    Well most of the taxes are from Democrats and all of it goes to lazy people and dumb things Obama thinks he should spend it on. And the Health care is just another excuse for him to get more money.
    What kills me about a mentality like this is how those who opposed health care reform would complain about it's cost, yet no one wanted to raise taxes - ANYWHERE, ON ANYBODY - yet the measure was suppose to pay for itself.

    Look, government will always shuffle money around; we all know this. But in the case of this legistlation it had to be paid for somehow, but how exactly was that to be done?

    Tax the people? Nope, not in a recession and certainly when you have no idea what the nation's economy will look like 3, 4, 5 years from now.

    Tax the rich? Well, since most are very capable of writing a check to a charitable organization or even worse - pay for their own health care out of pocket, I don't think they'll have a problem paying a tax on premium health insurance. In fact, I've heard more celebraties and the supper rich like Warren Buffet say he has no problem paying more in taxes if it meant giving the nation's poorest an opportunity to have access to better health care coverage if any at all.

    Take big business? Well, maybe, but that's only for those who don't provide adequate health care coverage to their employees. Make no mistake: this was targetted at companies like WalMart who purposely keep some of their employees below 40-Hr work weeks just to avoid providing health coverage. I know some people from my local church who work at Walmart and other retail stores who complain about this tactic all the time...cut hours to 28-Hrs or give employees as much as 35-Hrs just so they don't count as full-time employment, and thus...no health care for you Ms. Parker, single mother w/3 little mouths to feed.

    People just need to step outside their own situations to see where the real needs are in this country as well as witness the buplicity of it all. I was like some people here...didn't think there was any problem at all w/this nation's health care system...until I started experiencing the underhanded tactics myself via members of my family. Now, my eyes are wide open! You better recognize, fool!

  4. #84
    Advisor Politics101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    08-25-10 @ 12:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    490

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    Until just before (but not just after) you get sick. This makes you a freeloader.

    We simply can't sustain our health system when only sick people are paying into it. Insurance can't work without healthy people in the pool. That's just the way it is. If you want there to be insurance around when you get old and more likely to get sick, you need to start paying for it now.
    This sounds like the social security ponzi scheme.

    Young, healthy individuals are paying thousands of taxpayer dollars every year to fund an already bankrupt government program that won't be around long enough to "help" when current young adults get old and sick.

    ObamaCare is similar because it's basically taking all of the other government health care ponzi scheme's, and combining them to create one massive debt creating system of socialized health care. Whose to say ObamaCare will be around long enough to give rationed care to young adults, who will pay heavily in taxes their whole life, when they turn old?

    Socialism is great on paper, until you run out of other people's money. That's the problem with social security, too. Just like ObamaCare will become, it's a big ponzi scheme.

  5. #85
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    My choice is to choose a policy with a high deductible, since I have absolutely no health problems and intend to keep it that way, to the best of my ability. I only need it for major medical.

    What I don't want is to be thrown in with the rest of America, which is overweight, eats crap, and doesn't exercise. Also, I reject some of what standard medicine does, and definitely believe in Holistic alternatives and Holistic lifestyles.

    I resent, then, the Federal government forcing me to participate in a system that is at odds with my personal beliefs, that mainly benefits those who abuse their bodies with poor lifestyle choices.
    You can still choose a high deductible, low-rate policy under this law.

  6. #86
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by Politics101 View Post
    This sounds like the social security ponzi scheme.

    Young, healthy individuals are paying thousands of taxpayer dollars every year to fund an already bankrupt government program that won't be around long enough to "help" when current young adults get old and sick.

    ObamaCare is similar because it's basically taking all of the other government health care ponzi scheme's, and combining them to create one massive debt creating system of socialized health care. Whose to say ObamaCare will be around long enough to give rationed care to young adults, who will pay heavily in taxes their whole life, when they turn old?

    Socialism is great on paper, until you run out of other people's money. That's the problem with social security, too. Just like ObamaCare will become, it's a big ponzi scheme.
    Uh, no, it's insurance. This is how insurance works. Obamacare is not like SS, it buys people private insurance policies.

    Yes, insurance is basically socialist. I'll bet you have some though.

  7. #87
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    So you think the GOP should just cave in and allow the Democrats to keep shredding the Constitution??
    I'll ask again, what part of the Constitution has been "shredded" concerning this health care legistlation? You can argue the process bywhich it became law, but I watched most of the voting on C-SPAN covering both the rules process and both sides seem to agree faily evenly on how to go about going through the voting (rules) process. So, explain how the Constitution was viola
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Only until Blue Cross/Blue shield get forced out of business and we'll all be forced to take gubmint healthcare.
    Unrealistic expectation. BC/BS of Alabama is a major monopoly here. No way do they go under from this health care bill.ted?
    Last edited by Objective Voice; 03-24-10 at 03:55 PM.

  8. #88
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Only until Blue Cross/Blue shield get forced out of business and we'll all be forced to take gubmint healthcare.
    Sorry, dude, but they dropped the public option, so that ridiculous objection is gone. Try the next one on your list.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by misterman View Post
    You can still choose a high deductible, low-rate policy under this law.
    I'm glad to hear that.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care refo

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Listening to some of the talk show host they seem to be under the impression that this will cost a lot of democrats their seats and somehow the republicans will repeal this. So I decided to ask ask this question-

    If republicans get a significant majority will they repeal Obama health care reform?


    I say no. I think a lot of these politicians say one thing and do another for votes.
    I am gonna vote yes on this because one can always hope.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •