View Poll Results: Check all that apply.

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't drink at all.

    26 30.59%
  • I don't use marijuana at all.

    47 55.29%
  • I don't use tobacco products at all.

    41 48.24%
  • I drink occassionally - average 3 or less drinks per week.

    49 57.65%
  • I reguarly drink in moderation - average of 1 to 3 drinks a day.

    11 12.94%
  • I am a heavy drinker - average of 4 to 8 drinks a day.

    2 2.35%
  • I am a very heavy drinker - average of more than 9 drinks a day.

    3 3.53%
  • I rarely smoke marijuana and then only if someone else buys it.

    11 12.94%
  • I smoke marijuana often and purchase or grow it myself.

    7 8.24%
  • I use tobacco products.

    22 25.88%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 87

Thread: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Even retired, I have not the time nor money to waste on tabacco or any drugs...Good thing too, but with my anger management in a poor state.
    "8" plus cups of coffee is bad enough, but these are I believe 4 ounce cups(check my machine).
    Coffee good, slurp, slurp.

  2. #72
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Even retired, I have not the time nor money to waste on tabacco or any drugs...Good thing too, but with my anger management in a poor state.
    "8" plus cups of coffee is bad enough, but these are I believe 4 ounce cups(check my machine).
    Marijuana would do wonders for your anger management.
    You ever seen a violent pot head? Me neither.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  3. #73
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    So if I say I was a regular drinker and then saved up all my drinks from the work week for the weekend that still counts right because it will equal out to about the same?

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    So if I say I was a regular drinker and then saved up all my drinks from the work week for the weekend that still counts right because it will equal out to about the same?
    I'll drink to that.

  5. #75
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by WI Crippler View Post
    My alchohol useage is maybe an average of 3-4 times a year. Which makes it not none, but its substantially less than 3 times a week.


    That's almost me. I think I might be 7-8 times a year since I occasionally have a drink before dinner.....if we go out to eat.



    But.

    I've been toying with the idea of trying MJ to see if it would help with the chronic pain I have. I tried it when I was young and I really hated it but now they have medical MJ in cookies, etc. Would you still feel that "high" feeling if you took it that way?

    I don't even know if it would help but it's something that pops into my head on a bad day.



    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  6. #76
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA
    Last Seen
    06-09-12 @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    90

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    A good read from a man in the field - I wish we had more of this.
    I believe that the medicinal use of marijuana will end up being the same as the "medicinal" use of alcohol...
    I, for one, do not think it should be a crime for a man to slowly take his own life via the drug route...
    Thanks for the compliment. FYI, I'm a female. As for your point. I do believe there should be some restrictions on the medical use of marijuana. There's always a possibility of misuse in the areas of use. However, I would acknowledge that it minimises the potential for lacing the marijuana with harmful products.
    As far as the right to allow someone to kill themselves with drugs, or for that matter alcohol, I totally disagree. Though I don't personally agree with euthanasia, there is a viable argument that can be made. With drugs there is none. The time involved in that journey has tremendous implications for family, society, and the economy. As a recovering alcoholic I have to assume responsibility for the first drink. I am also aware that with alcohol and drugs there are physically addicting aspects that have to be considered. I've seen lives ruined because of drugs and alcohol. If it was just the individual additict it might be different, but it never is. I've seen adults in prison that started using when they were seven. The reason--they were doing it with there parents. I've dealt with situations where children were used as mules for there parents drug activities. The cost in health care and other societal costs is enormous. Prison alone is not an answer. We put people in prison where they not only get drugs but they are a higher quality than on the outside. When they are released they return to the same environment and situation they came from. Probation and aftercare is a joke. The caseloads are unrealistic and ineffective. Treatment is possible but its costly and requires and complete approach. In the end such an approach can be cost effective.

  7. #77
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,261

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by missypea View Post
    That's almost me. I think I might be 7-8 times a year since I occasionally have a drink before dinner.....if we go out to eat.

    But.

    I've been toying with the idea of trying MJ to see if it would help with the chronic pain I have. I tried it when I was young and I really hated it but now they have medical MJ in cookies, etc. Would you still feel that "high" feeling if you took it that way?

    I don't even know if it would help but it's something that pops into my head on a bad day.

    The pain relief effects associated with cannabis are more common in the indica strains; primarily Kush, Northern lights (some strains have sativa hybrid properties), and white widow.

    Be careful with edibles, especially if you have zero tolerance. Eat half, wait 30 minutes, and if you still don't feel it have the other half. Repeat as necessary!
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by snbl11225 View Post
    Thanks for the compliment. FYI, I'm a female. As for your point. I do believe there should be some restrictions on the medical use of marijuana. There's always a possibility of misuse in the areas of use. However, I would acknowledge that it minimises the potential for lacing the marijuana with harmful products.
    As far as the right to allow someone to kill themselves with drugs, or for that matter alcohol, I totally disagree. Though I don't personally agree with euthanasia, there is a viable argument that can be made. With drugs there is none. The time involved in that journey has tremendous implications for family, society, and the economy. As a recovering alcoholic I have to assume responsibility for the first drink. I am also aware that with alcohol and drugs there are physically addicting aspects that have to be considered. I've seen lives ruined because of drugs and alcohol. If it was just the individual additict it might be different, but it never is. I've seen adults in prison that started using when they were seven. The reason--they were doing it with there parents. I've dealt with situations where children were used as mules for there parents drug activities. The cost in health care and other societal costs is enormous. Prison alone is not an answer. We put people in prison where they not only get drugs but they are a higher quality than on the outside. When they are released they return to the same environment and situation they came from. Probation and aftercare is a joke. The caseloads are unrealistic and ineffective. Treatment is possible but its costly and requires and complete approach. In the end such an approach can be cost effective.
    Thank you for an intelligent post. Welcome to DP

  9. #79
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,793

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Sorry, I was not inferring that you were stupid. I'm just saying that there is plenty of air pollution that is as bad as drugs for your health.
    Perhaps, but you do not impose air pollution on yourself, you do not stick your face in a car's exhaust on purpose. It's something that you have little choice in, unless you want to live in a bubble.

    I always find it funny that whenever I say I don't have any particular vices, people who do get really upset and try to find something I do that they consider "wrong", just so they can rationalize away their own vices. Why does someone who has no need to smoke/snort/imbibe/inject anything into their system make them feel so bad about themselves?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  10. #80
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: Do you drink, use tobacco products, or smoke marijuana?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Perhaps, but you do not impose air pollution on yourself, you do not stick your face in a car's exhaust on purpose. It's something that you have little choice in, unless you want to live in a bubble.

    I always find it funny that whenever I say I don't have any particular vices, people who do get really upset and try to find something I do that they consider "wrong", just so they can rationalize away their own vices. Why does someone who has no need to smoke/snort/imbibe/inject anything into their system make them feel so bad about themselves?
    Who is feeling bad about themselves?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •