View Poll Results: with the DADT policy, one can claim gayness to get out of it

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • i agree

    9 64.29%
  • i disagree, tell why if you want to

    5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

  1. #31
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Here's how you know if they are getting ready for a draft: Republicans will wake up one morning with double standards to gays serving in the military.
    Vote John Schnatter (Papa John) 2012!

  2. #32
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora151989 View Post
    been reading threads about this don't ask don't tell policy and thought I'd post a poll
    Another reason why it should be eliminated.

    What if I said I was attracted to sea-turtles (which I actually am, they are sexy)?


  3. #33
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    09-13-15 @ 09:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    265

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Another reason why it should be eliminated.

    What if I said I was attracted to sea-turtles (which I actually am, they are sexy)?
    .... *cracks up*

  4. #34
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    It is definitely a problem.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  5. #35
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Considering it looks like DADT (along with the rules against gays) will be gone within about 5 years or so anyway, I'd say that if there was a draft needed, we'd see DADT repealed pretty much immediately after or within a few days.

    There is one big reason that women do not have to sign up for the draft. Women would only have to get pregnant to get out of it. So if you figure even a few thousand single women (I'll discuss married women later) get drafted, and even 10% of them decide to try to get out of it "the fast way" by getting pregnant, that's a few hundred babies born out of wedlock. Not exactly ideal since, as a nation, we are trying to reduce the number of babies born out of wedlock or at least a committed relationship.
    Now obviously the married women wouldn't be having their babies out of wedlock, but they would still be able to use pregnancy to get out of it.
    I really don't know what the best way to be fair is when it comes to men and women and the draft.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #36
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora151989 View Post
    been reading threads about this don't ask don't tell policy and thought I'd post a poll
    You do realize there are other ways to get out of the military other than just saying your gay? Repeatedly not passing the tape test, Drug problem, or some other violation or you could go to Canada(that is is what commie scum in the 60s and 70s did)You could join the navy, coast guard and air force to avoid actual combat(useless by some slime chance you end up in a special forces unit) .
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  7. #37
    John Schnatter 2012 Phantom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    03-20-12 @ 12:48 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    638

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You do realize there are other ways to get out of the military other than just saying your gay? Repeatedly not passing the tape test, Drug problem, or some other violation or you could go to Canada(that is is what commie scum in the 60s and 70s did)You could join the navy, coast guard and air force to avoid actual combat(useless by some slime chance you end up in a special forces unit) .
    So you're a communist if you refuse to fight in an illegal war?
    Vote John Schnatter (Papa John) 2012!

  8. #38
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    So you're a communist if you refuse to fight in an illegal war?
    That is what most of those hippies were.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #39
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,874
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    Another reason why it should be eliminated.

    What if I said I was attracted to sea-turtles (which I actually am, they are sexy)?
    you're only allowed to be attracted to female sea-turtles



    not male ones
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •