View Poll Results: with the DADT policy, one can claim gayness to get out of it

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • i agree

    9 64.29%
  • i disagree, tell why if you want to

    5 35.71%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39

Thread: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think it would not be to bad. I think allot of young people with nothing to do would get something out of it.

    Serve your country, at gun point if necessary.
    Not a bad idea, at all...
    As far as DADT goes, I cannot see the problem.
    The prospective recruit say " I am a homosexual"
    The recruiter say " I did not hear you".
    The man in the line repeats ...
    the Recruiter repeats....
    Next, the recruit is in the Army, doing KP and crying the blues.
    tough and too dammed bad.

  2. #12
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Not a bad idea, at all...
    As far as DADT goes, I cannot see the problem.
    The prospective recruit say " I am a homosexual"
    The recruiter say " I did not hear you".
    The man in the line repeats ...
    the Recruiter repeats....
    Next, the recruit is in the Army, doing KP and crying the blues.
    tough and too dammed bad.
    LOL!

    The thing about DADT is it really is not. It should be called "we don't know, but if for any reason we find out you are gay, you are gone."
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  3. #13
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    It could go either way, the chickenhawks who want war with Iran but of course dont have the spine to actually get in the sands will certainly use it to their advantage.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  4. #14
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    09-13-15 @ 09:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    265

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    quite an interesting discussion what's "KP" though? kill points?

  5. #15
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora151989 View Post
    quite an interesting discussion what's "KP" though? kill points?
    Kitchen Police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #16
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,548

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    It could go either way, the chickenhawks who want war with Iran but of course dont have the spine to actually get in the sands will certainly use it to their advantage.
    No such thing as a "chicken hawk" as not everyone can join the military and not everyone should.

    Take the partisan crap home with you.

    Thanks for playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #17
    Student Pal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boston, Massachusetts
    Last Seen
    06-28-10 @ 11:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    211

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I think it would not be to bad. I think allot of young people with nothing to do would get something out of it.

    Serve your country, at gun point if necessary.
    Sounds like fascism to me.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    One could claim "gayness" to get out of it even during the last draft; the Vietnam one. Some did.

  9. #19
    Student
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    09-13-15 @ 09:30 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    265

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    ahh cool, didn't know that

    (wasn't sure just how new this DADT policy is)

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: a draft wouldn't work too well these days because....

    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora151989 View Post
    ahh cool, didn't know that

    (wasn't sure just how new this DADT policy is)
    DADT is fairly recent (Clinton Era).
    Before that, homosexuals simply weren't welcome in the military. Ostensibly speaking. Whether they told or not.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •