View Poll Results: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation of Arms?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 59.46%
  • No

    15 20.27%
  • Other

    15 20.27%
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 259

Thread: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

  1. #31
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    You should probably change your 'lean' to 'Liberal'.....
    Have you read the entire letter in which Jefferson wrote his "Tree of Liberty" quote?

    He wasn't advocating armed rebellion.

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Damn, here come the usual suspects to troll the thread and contribute nothing substantive. I'm totally surprised...

  3. #33
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Since the question was about resisting and I have no weapons to confiscate, I wouldn't. That doesn't mean I wouldn't oppose the move to do so, but that's not what the poll was about.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    LIBTARDISTAN
    Last Seen
    05-01-10 @ 11:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,629

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by molten_dragon View Post
    Also consider though, it takes 2/3 of both houses of congress to even suggest an amendment to the constitution, and 3/4 of the state legislatures to actually ratify it. If the constitution were amended to remove the 2nd amendment, it would mean that popular support was incredibly high for doing so. Would you still consider it right to resist something that so much of the country wanted to happen?
    Why, yes I would.....

  5. #35
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    I voted yes but but in actuality there are smarter ways to react to a mass confiscation. I would do what they did in Australia. From what I have read many folks when they knew it was coming down the pike buried their guns in sealed PVC tubes.

    Unfortunately we can talk all we want about resisting something like this, but I have known people that have tried to resist the feds (and didn't do anything wrong but were railroaded), and your life becomes a living hell especially when they come to confiscate everything you've worked all you life for.) If anyone is interested I have a true story that will knock your socks off and has totally blew away any respect I have for the government. In fact I'm beginning to think we don't have a smidgen of the freedom think we have, and our government has a lot of corrupt above the law bullies. Not just a few here and there. A lot!

  6. #36
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Damn, here come the usual suspects to troll the thread and contribute nothing substantive. I'm totally surprised...
    Hey now, my question was intended to be respectful...

    Not trolling, this time.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey now, my question was intended to be respectful...

    Not trolling, this time.
    I wasn't talking about you, Redress; your question was relevant and interesting. I'll have to answer it later, though. I have to start studying for finals...

  8. #38
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Would you make up an unrealistic situation just so you can rant about something that would never happen? Apparently so.

    I own guns and I've never had any fear of the government taking it. Why do some people have this fear? Because of a ban in some city? Just like the repubs like you drone on about unemployment... Hey, you can always move.

    It's especially funny to hear ignorant ****s down south here running out to stock up on guns and ammo. what a bunch of maroons... A black man got elected, quick, get your guns!!!

    Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?-cover-jpg
    Great summation! This is as ridiculous a hypothetical as if some rightee said, "If your governor, or mayor, came to your house saying he had the right to take your wife for a night or take your first born would you object?

    Dumb.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  9. #39
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Side topic, feel free to yell at me and I will make a new thread for this, but...

    Explain this attitude to me. A gun is a tool, I read this as similar to "I would rather die than let some one take my screwdriver". It just makes no sense.

    Further, why is this the right people say this about. You don't ever hear "I would rather die than give up my right to peaceably assemble" or "I would rather die than give up my right to trial by an impartial jury by the sate".

    Why do people have such a strong reaction about this one right?
    Simple Redress, the people who want to take our second amendment rights away are dishonest, they slander gun owners, misrepresent statistics, use overly emotional rhetoric, and other devious methods all in the name of trying to surrender my right because they disagree with it. The reason you don't hear as much flap about the first amendment from those who argue the second is because that fight is keeping us very busy right now and the first is not under as heavy an assault. Trust me, once the 2A battle is won there are others in our sights, but, little bites at a time.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #40
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Simple Redress, the people who want to take our second amendment rights away are dishonest, they slander gun owners, misrepresent statistics, use overly emotional rhetoric, and other devious methods all in the name of trying to surrender my right because they disagree with it. The reason you don't hear as much flap about the first amendment from those who argue the second is because that fight is keeping us very busy right now and the first is not under as heavy an assault. Trust me, once the 2A battle is won there are others in our sights, but, little bites at a time.
    I think those tactics are common in any political fight. It's sad, but there it is. Further, I disagree that the other amendments in the bill of rights are not under some attack at the very least.

    I also think where you vehement second amendment people go wrong is that stats are irrelevant. The second amendment is there, end argument.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •