View Poll Results: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation of Arms?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    44 59.46%
  • No

    15 20.27%
  • Other

    15 20.27%
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 259

Thread: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I haven't read up on what the executive branch has done so far but most presidents since GW 1 have "legislated" new rules about guns.

    You just don't hear about it much.
    Regardless, I still have my guns and ammo despite years of ranting by the paranoid.

  2. #212
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Regardless, I still have my guns and ammo despite years of ranting by the paranoid.
    I will grant you that some kind of nationwide total gun ban, let alone house-to-house confiscation, seems far-fetched. However, such things have happened in other nations as a prelude to tyranny, and I'm sure some citizens in those nations thought it was far-fetched also.

    At this point in time, most politicians on both sides of the aisle seem to have realized that draconian gun control measures are a dead issue, and that they cost the proponents of same their seats at the table.

    But the price of liberty is eternal vigilance, as one Founder said. We should indeed be jealous of all our rights and guard them carefully and, dare I say it, be "paranoid" about any smallest violation thereof.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  3. #213
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Regardless, I still have my guns and ammo despite years of ranting by the paranoid.
    In the past 15 years, excluding the the Clinton gun ban, you have slowly lost the ability to purchase some weapons of your choice at the real market rate.

    Most of the time you didn't know it was happening because the methods of restriction have been done under regulation and not legislation.
    Last edited by Harry Guerrilla; 03-16-10 at 02:36 PM.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  4. #214
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    In the past 15 years, excluding the the Clinton gun ban, you have slowly lost the ability to purchase some weapons of your choice at the real market rate.

    Most of the time you didn't know it was happening because the methods of restriction have been done under regulation and not legislation.
    Not to mention the 100-500% ammo taxes that have been floated since the Clinton admn.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #215
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Not to mention the 100-500% ammo taxes that have been floated since the Clinton admn.
    Yea, It really started with GW 1 and the Mac 90 import ban and then during GW 2 we had more import bans and the "made in America" parts rule.

    They do **** just to make it more expensive, it's gets ridiculous.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  6. #216
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Yea, It really started with GW 1 and the Mac 90 import ban and then during GW 2 we had more import bans and the "made in America" parts rule.

    They do **** just to make it more expensive, it's gets ridiculous.
    Interestingly, and no one has satisfied a little survival scenario I posed years ago. Let's say you have three assailants, one has a scoped hunting rifle and knows how to move, one has a Barrett .50, and one has an AK-47. Of the three above which would you least want to go on a rampage?

    My answer is in order of least desireable is B.50, long rifle, AK. The reason I posed this scenario is that many had this false assumption that automatics are the be-all end-all in rifles. The fact is that a good sniper with a Barrett has 2 miles to play with, someone who knows how to switch positions with a scoped rifle can present challenges to anyone trying to stop him and he has distance as an advantage. While the guy with the AK has the benefit of a barrage of bullets, he will not be as accurate, the reports will be a dead giveaway, and his range is much more limited, making identifying his position easier, allowing for at least a chance of adjusting to him and getting a stopping shot.

    Of course, those who don't take the time to understand guns and their limitations usually choose the Ak as the least desireable because they swallow the media pill that automatics or my favorite false term "assault weapons" are so unbelievably lethal that civilians cannot be trusted with them. Never mind the fact that most mid-range rifles are a modified long .22 round.

    EDIT- And the MAC-90 is a worthless gun, so ineffective at anything past short range it isn't even worth banning.
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 03-16-10 at 03:07 PM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #217
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Interestingly, and no one has satisfied a little survival scenario I posed years ago. Let's say you have three assailants, one has a scoped hunting rifle and knows how to move, one has a Barrett .50, and one has an AK-47. Of the three above which would you least want to go on a rampage?

    My answer is in order of least desireable is B.50, long rifle, AK. The reason I posed this scenario is that many had this false assumption that automatics are the be-all end-all in rifles. The fact is that a good sniper with a Barrett has 2 miles to play with, someone who knows how to switch positions with a scoped rifle can present challenges to anyone trying to stop him and he has distance as an advantage. While the guy with the AK has the benefit of a barrage of bullets, he will not be as accurate, the reports will be a dead giveaway, and his range is much more limited, making identifying his position easier, allowing for at least a chance of adjusting to him and getting a stopping shot.

    Of course, those who don't take the time to understand guns and their limitations usually choose the Ak as the least desireable because they swallow the media pill that automatics or my favorite false term "assault weapons" are so unbelievably lethal that civilians cannot be trusted with them. Never mind the fact that most mid-range rifles are a modified long .22 round.
    I'd say the center fire long rifle would be the most dangerous based on practicality.

    But I do agree with what you say.


    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    EDIT- And the MAC-90 is a worthless gun, so ineffective at anything past short range it isn't even worth banning.
    Norinco carbines aren't so bad.
    The Mac 90 was special because they were altered to accept ak mags before they were imported.
    It's a good infantry weapon.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  8. #218
    Sage
    misterman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    02-09-12 @ 08:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,913

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Not to mention the 100-500% ammo taxes that have been floated since the Clinton admn.
    "Floated?"

    "since the Clinton admin?" (as in during Bush's tenure?)

    Anyone can "float" anything. Doesn't mean it's a threat.

  9. #219
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    I'd say the center fire long rifle would be the most dangerous based on practicality.

    But I do agree with what you say.
    I agree when you base it on practicality. Either way most people don't stop and learn about what they should when they form an agenda.




    Norinco carbines aren't so bad.
    The Mac 90 was special because they were altered to accept ak mags before they were imported.
    It's a good infantry weapon.
    Fair enough. There are much better sub class guns out there though.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #220
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Would You Resist Federal Confiscation?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Fair enough. There are much better sub class guns out there though.
    True, Bushmasters are really sweet, I wish they still made them in .308 though.
    FN's and Siaga's are pretty bad ass too.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •