View Poll Results: Should Medical Marijuana Be Legal?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 73.24%
  • No

    12 16.90%
  • Other

    7 9.86%
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 325

Thread: Miracle Marijuana

  1. #51
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Good morning Children.

    It's Mister Rogers again. Won't you be my neighbor?

    It's time for today's word.

    Today's word is "Single Issue Poster".

    Can you say "Single Issue Poster?"

    I knew you could.




    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Good morning Children.

    It's Mister Rogers again. Won't you be my neighbor?

    It's time for today's word.

    Today's word is "Single Issue Poster".

    Can you say "Single Issue Poster?"

    I knew you could.



    Mr Rogers sucks ass. Overpriced BS. http://www.mrrogerswindows.com/PPC/s...Fd1L5QodqQyxcg
    Last edited by LiberalAvenger; 03-10-10 at 09:40 PM.

  3. #53
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    You are wrong. I did not make my statement to deflect that pot is addictive. I accept that and CC would know. Physical and psychological addictions are in play.

    I made my statement that there are other legal addicting substances in order to observe that a substance being addictive is not a good reason for it being illegal.
    That's true, that being said, you were using a straw man. You were debating something that CC never said instead of debating what he actually stated.

    CC did not make the assertion that because its addictive it should be illegal. He made the assertion that MrFungus was incorrect in saying that it wasn't addictive. His statement had NOTHING to do with the legality or illegality of it and because rather than admit that Mr. Fungus was wrong and CC was correct, thus discrediting your fellow advocate, you instead took up it upon yourself to counter something that CC never said.


    OT: will you perhaps make it to the talk on Iraqi Elections tomorrow night?
    Oh? When and where?

  4. #54
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    You should seriously consider banging a gong. You have been using that same lame argument on all of these pot threads. Being anti pot is a cottage industry.
    I keep using the same argument because the same ignorantly dumb or intentionally dishonest statements keep getting thrown out by the zealots and extremists on the pro-legalization side.

    By the way, I'm in favor of legalization so if the ignorant anti-pot statement was aimed at me its rather humerous.

    Evangelical Potheads are no better than Evangelical Christian or evangelical environmentalists or any other group that is so extremely and emotionally vested in their particular cause that they forgo reason, objectivity, or honesty in exchange for fire and brimstone type rhetoric and propoganda.

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    That's true, that being said, you were using a straw man. You were debating something that CC never said instead of debating what he actually stated.
    No, I wasn't presenting an argument to what was said. I wasn't countering anything. I was extending the conversation and making a point about legality.


    Oh? When and where?
    Here is the post with the correct link: http://www.debatepolitics.com/war-ir...post1058611533

    It is held:
    Institute for the Study of War
    Rooftop conference room
    1616 P St NW (entrance)
    Washington, DC 20036

    from: 6:30 pm to 8/9 pm

  6. #56
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Ah, sadly will probably be unable to make it. I don't get out of work till 5:30 tomorrow and with fighting traffic into DC I would probably miss a large portion of it. If I hadn't had to take off early this week for a doctor's appointment I would've probably taken leave.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ah, sadly will probably be unable to make it. I don't get out of work till 5:30 tomorrow and with fighting traffic into DC I would probably miss a large portion of it. If I hadn't had to take off early this week for a doctor's appointment I would've probably taken leave.
    Hopefully they will have a video of the morning event that I will be able to post. Sorry you can't make it.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    I keep using the same argument because the same ignorantly dumb or intentionally dishonest statements keep getting thrown out by the zealots and extremists on the pro-legalization side.

    By the way, I'm in favor of legalization so if the ignorant anti-pot statement was aimed at me its rather humerous.

    Evangelical Potheads are no better than Evangelical Christian or evangelical environmentalists or any other group that is so extremely and emotionally vested in their particular cause that they forgo reason, objectivity, or honesty in exchange for fire and brimstone type rhetoric and propoganda.
    You need to have a little more tolerance for peoples vices.

  9. #59
    Legend in my own mind!
    MrFungus420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,018

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, there is a physical addiction, too. Recent studies have shown this.
    I'm not familiar with any. Could you link for me, please?
    "And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit."
    - The Tick

  10. #60
    Legend in my own mind!
    MrFungus420's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Midland, MI
    Last Seen
    10-15-10 @ 08:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,018

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Potential Merits of Cannabinoids for Medical Uses

    It appears that the FDA has not seen enough evidence to approve it.
    Yes they have.

    But only THC. And only when it has been synthetically manufactured, put in a sesame oil suspension and put in a pill. It's called "Marinol" (or Dronabinol).

    But not naturally occurring THC.

    So, either the artificial production process or the sesame oil is what gives THC it's medicinal properties.
    "And, isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit."
    - The Tick

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •