View Poll Results: Should Medical Marijuana Be Legal?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 73.24%
  • No

    12 16.90%
  • Other

    7 9.86%
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 325

Thread: Miracle Marijuana

  1. #41
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    I dip Grizzly Green--that is addiction. Pot is nothin like that. If I want to work on a fun project, or listen to music, Pot makes it more enjoyable. and that is all it is. there is not a "need" to do it at all. I quit for a solid year once, with no need to do it. The first time I tried Pot, my response was, "and this will get me life in prison?? some body is messed up for sure"
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Just remember that during prohibiktion that there were a record number of children who were alcoholics because any kid could buy it. They also used to deliver buckets of beer which they tweaked, during the delivery process.

    Go ahead keep it illegal so our kids can easily obtain it from the local crack dealer.

  3. #43
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by LiberalAvenger View Post
    Just remember that during prohibiktion that there were a record number of children who were alcoholics because any kid could buy it. They also used to deliver buckets of beer which they tweaked, during the delivery process.

    Go ahead keep it illegal so our kids can easily obtain it from the local crack dealer.
    Hello, Kids smoke it now. Making things illegal, does not stop people from doing them. It just makes them into criminals.--If it were legal, there would be no more crack dealers. Once the criminal profit dried up, so would the dealers. The big money, is because it is risky and dangerous to deal with. If it were legal, the risk and profit for dealers is gone.
    Last edited by Skateguy; 03-10-10 at 02:21 PM.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    Hello, Kids smoke it now. Making things illegal, does not stop people from doing them. It just makes them into criminals.
    Come on kids, get aboard the crack train. See your local dealer today, while supplies last. If he runs out of pot you can always buy some cheap crack.

  5. #45
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No, there is a physical addiction, too. Recent studies have shown this.
    Anything that changes the level of dopamine in the brain can be addictive, so I agree with you, and that could also be true with chocolate.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  6. #46
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    [QUOTE=jamesrage;1058609687]

    No offense to you junkies but I do not buy the medical marijuana excuse. I think potheads couldn't win people over with the recreational marijuana so they made up the medicinal marijuana arguement as a back door to recreational usage. >>

    Just hope you stay healthy and don't need pain relief. Pot is the only effective drug that's not habit forming. Been there, done that,

    ricksfolly

  7. #47
    Professor

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Grand Junction, CO 81506
    Last Seen
    05-30-11 @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    [QUOTE=Skateguy;1058610719]I dip Grizzly Green--

    that is addiction. Pot is nothin like that. If I want to work on a fun project, or listen to music, Pot makes it more enjoyable. and that is all it is. there is not a "need" to do it at all. I quit for a solid year once, with no need to do it. The first time I tried Pot, my response was, "and this will get me life in prison?? some body is messed up for sure" >>

    So far, I've been able to handle my pain, but it's good to know my doctor can legally prescribe pot if it gets to be too much.

    Thanks, Skateguy, for saying it makes life more enjoyable, not just eases pain, apathy sometimes makes it even worse.

    ricksfolly

  8. #48
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,964

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Free clue: So are cigarettes and many prescription drugs and they are legal.
    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    So is alcohol, even more so than marijuana, but it is ingrained in our culture.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFungus420 View Post
    Only in the sense that some people can become psychologically addicted to just about anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Maybe, but it certainly is not like opiates.
    None of which counters CC point that THIS statement:

    Quote Originally Posted by MrFungus420 View Post
    Free clue: cannabis is not addictive.
    Was either a lie, a distortion, or was simply made out of ignorance.

    None of what ANY of you all said counters CC's counter to Mr. Fungus. Just because Alcohol is ALSO addicting doesn't mean MrFungus's quote that CC was replying to was correct. Just because opiates are more addiction doesn't mean MrFungus's quote that CC was replying to was correct. Just because it doesn't have the affect on some people doesn't mean MrFungus's quote that CC was replying to was correct.

    What you all did was nothing but emotionally responding because you saw someone disagreeing with your position and rather than actually deal with the context, facts, and conversation that was being presented you instead immediately went into strawman mode of "deflect, deflect, deflect".

    Which is in part one of the biggest issues that pro-legalization crowd has trouble actually getting a foot hold. Because for every person that can talk about it in a reasonable, adult manner without any kind of huge emotional attachment or loads of propaganda there's 5 people that will sit there and tell you its perfectly 100% safe, you should drive on it, water is more dangerous, that is absolutely not addictive, etc etc etc.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    None of which counters CC point that THIS statement:



    Was either a lie, a distortion, or was simply made out of ignorance.

    None of what ANY of you all said counters CC's counter to Mr. Fungus. Just because Alcohol is ALSO addicting doesn't mean MrFungus's quote that CC was replying to was correct. Just because opiates are more addiction doesn't mean MrFungus's quote that CC was replying to was correct. Just because it doesn't have the affect on some people doesn't mean MrFungus's quote that CC was replying to was correct.

    What you all did was nothing but emotionally responding because you saw someone disagreeing with your position and rather than actually deal with the context, facts, and conversation that was being presented you instead immediately went into strawman mode of "deflect, deflect, deflect".

    Which is in part one of the biggest issues that pro-legalization crowd has trouble actually getting a foot hold. Because for every person that can talk about it in a reasonable, adult manner without any kind of huge emotional attachment or loads of propaganda there's 5 people that will sit there and tell you its perfectly 100% safe, you should drive on it, water is more dangerous, that is absolutely not addictive, etc etc etc.
    You are wrong. I did not make my statement to deflect that pot is addictive. I accept that and CC would know. Physical and psychological addictions are in play.

    I made my statement that there are other legal addicting substances in order to observe that a substance being addictive is not a good reason for it being illegal.

    OT: will you perhaps make it to the talk on Iraqi Elections tomorrow night?

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    None of which counters CC point that THIS statement:



    Was either a lie, a distortion, or was simply made out of ignorance.

    None of what ANY of you all said counters CC's counter to Mr. Fungus. Just because Alcohol is ALSO addicting doesn't mean MrFungus's quote that CC was replying to was correct. Just because opiates are more addiction doesn't mean MrFungus's quote that CC was replying to was correct. Just because it doesn't have the affect on some people doesn't mean MrFungus's quote that CC was replying to was correct.

    What you all did was nothing but emotionally responding because you saw someone disagreeing with your position and rather than actually deal with the context, facts, and conversation that was being presented you instead immediately went into strawman mode of "deflect, deflect, deflect".

    Which is in part one of the biggest issues that pro-legalization crowd has trouble actually getting a foot hold. Because for every person that can talk about it in a reasonable, adult manner without any kind of huge emotional attachment or loads of propaganda there's 5 people that will sit there and tell you its perfectly 100% safe, you should drive on it, water is more dangerous, that is absolutely not addictive, etc etc etc.
    You should seriously consider banging a gong. You have been using that same lame argument on all of these pot threads. Being anti pot is a cottage industry.

Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •