View Poll Results: Should Medical Marijuana Be Legal?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 73.24%
  • No

    12 16.90%
  • Other

    7 9.86%
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 325

Thread: Miracle Marijuana

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    The key here is to not get caught up in absolutes, and to remember that based on what marijuana does, biologically and chemically, it is completely appropriate to warn of it's dangers, but not to demonize it.
    You are my hero, cap'n.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Medical marijuana and substance abuse programs.

    Abstract | Medical marijuana users in substance abuse treatment

  3. #273
    Student jr602az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix,Az USA
    Last Seen
    12-29-10 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    162

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    In summary, people believe all kinds of things that have no basis in fact. Opponents of legalization rely on propaganda, weak or non-existent personal experience, anecdotal "evidence" and flat out lies.

    What little, actual, scientific knowledge we have seems to disprove the propaganda.

    Thousands of years of use tends to disprove the propaganda.

    Miracle Marijuana-comparecht-jpg
    Cool!!! thanks
    Click On The Link Below To Visit My YouTube Channel & If You Have A YouTube Account, Please Subscribe.
    Thank You Enjoy
    http://www.YouTube.com/MarijuanaCommunity

  4. #274
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,256

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    It was my understanding that medical cannabis was already legal (at the state level). Currently, you can obtain a medical recommendation and purchase from a dispensary all out of one facility. This type of operation is not all that common; but without a shadow of a doubt, there have been great efforts made and cannabis is (off the record) legal.

    You just have to maintain proper procedures.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    When you can quote where I said that the body CANNOT vomit while under the influence of marijuana, I'll be happy to. But since I didn't and your comment is nothing more than your ridiculous strawman, there is no need.
    Would you accept "cannot" as a substitute for "will not"?
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    However, if you overindulge in alcohol, and smoke enough pot, your body will NOT be able to purge itself of the alcohol poisoning. This can be quite dangerous... I know I have had to send several clients to the hospital after an episode like this.
    Further, the information I posted is scientific fact.
    Well then, please do as I requested and provide the source of this scientific fact.

    The body release toxins formed by alcohol poisoning through vomiting; marijuana suppresses the vomiting center of the brain.
    Marijuana users and Dr.'s can attest to the fact that it relieves NAUSEA, it does not prevent vomiting. This scientific fact has been proven and a synthetic form of THC has been created, tested and approved by the FDA to simulate the NAUSEA relief effects.

    You do the math. I understand that accepting that seriously affects your position, and that must be sad for you, but it doesn't change the fact that it is accurate.
    No math needed, your "logic" fails because your proof is anecdotal while mine is viewable scientific fact.

    Dronabinol is the International Nonproprietary Name (INN) for a pure isomer of THC, (-)-trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, that is, the main isomer in cannabis.[11] It is sold as Marinol (a registered trademark of Solvay Pharmaceuticals). Dronabinol is also marketed, sold, and distributed by PAR Pharmaceutical Companies under the terms of a license and distribution agreement with SVC pharma LP, an affiliate of Rhodes Technologies.

    [ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinol]Tetrahydrocannabinol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Marijuana affects the mind. It CAN affect the mind of people to a level that will cause poor reaction skills in crisis situations when driving. Just because it can do this doesn't mean that it will happen every time, to every person, everytime they go in a car.
    This is a true statement but so is this "Many things affect the mind. They CAN affect the mind of people to a level that will cause poor reaction skills in crisis situations when driving. Just because some things can do this doesn't mean that it will happen every time, to every person, every time they go in a car."
    Therefore, using either of the above arguments against legalization/decrim is specious argumentation.

    However, that doesn't mean its not good advise to tell people "Don't drive when you're high, its dangerous" because its unquestionably more dangerous driving while high then driving while completely sober without any distractions.
    I never said it wasn't, in fact I clearly stated that in another post that it can be dangerous.

    Likewise, while not everyone will have issues puking if its needed because of excess alcohol because they're high, it still has the potential for that and as such increases ones risk more so than may be necessary. Thus, similarly, suggesting to people not to get hammered and completely stoned is a reasonable suggestion to make because the potential for harm is increased more so than if you just drank or just got stoned.
    No where has anyone said "If you smoke pot and drive you WILL get in a wreck" nor has anyone said "If you smoke pot and drink alcohol you will NOT be able to throw up".
    You're wrong. It has been stated as fact and that's my beef with his argument.

    They've stated these kind of things have the potential to happen based on the evidence found concerning the situations and as such people suggest not to put yourself into higher risk situations for no particularly good reason.
    Then it should be stated as opinion based on ancedotal evidence as a personal warning, instead of stating it as fact. Savvy?

    Now, I don't necessarily disagree with what you're position on giving a warning. The problem is when someone uses anecdotal evidence as fact, from which to make an opposition position.

  7. #277
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    Would you accept "cannot" as a substitute for "will not"?
    No. Neither is accurate.



    Well then, please do as I requested and provide the source of this scientific fact.
    Here you go:

    7. Cannabinoids in the Treatment of Nausea and Vomiting and Wasting Syndrome in HIV Infected Patients
    Chemotherapy induced nausea and vomiting and AIDS related anorexia associated with weight loss are the only currently approved indications for the use of oral cannabinoids available in Canada (Marinol/dronabinol/D -9-THC, Cesamet/nabilone).
    Nausea and vomiting are produced by excitation of one or a number of triggers in the gastrointestinal tract, brainstem and higher brain centers. There are numerous cannabinoid receptors in the nucleus of the solitary tract, a brain center important in control of emesis (vomiting) (Herkenham, 1995). Several cannabinoids have been tested as antiemetics, including THC (both D -9-THC and D -8-THC) and the synthetic cannabinoids nabilone and levonantrodol. Smoked marijuana has also been examined (reviewed in Joy 1999).
    Most of the research has been done on THC and analogues (reviewed in Joy 1999). It has been concluded that cannabinoids are modest anti-emetics (anti-vomiting agents). There are more effective anti-emetic agents available, however antiemetics work through several mechanisms and cannabinoids may provide an additional option for treatment of nausea and vomiting that has not responded to other agents (Joy 1999). A Canadian oncology group has conducted a double-blind crossover placebo-controlled trial comparing smoked marijuana with oral THC. They examined the anti-emetic effects in a group of 20 patients who were receiving various chemotherapeutic drugs and found the degree of emetic control was similar. Twenty five percent of patients received complete control of emesis, 35% indicated a slight preference of the pill over the marijuana and 20% preferred marijuana, 45% expressed no preference (Levitt 1984).


    Canadian Consortium For The Investigation Of Cannabinoids In Human Therapeutics (Ccic)
    There are two reasons that marijuana can be a very effective anti-vomiting agent. Firstly, there are many cannabinoid receptors at the vomiting center of the brain, which creates this positive effect. Secondly, smoking marijuana bypasses the GI system entirely.


    Marijuana users and Dr.'s can attest to the fact that it relieves NAUSEA, it does not prevent vomiting. This scientific fact has been proven and a synthetic form of THC has been created, tested and approved by the FDA to simulate the NAUSEA relief effects.
    Wrong. It does both. Your information is inaccurate.


    No math needed, your "logic" fails because your proof is anecdotal while mine is viewable scientific fact.

    Dronabinol is the International Nonproprietary Name (INN) for a pure isomer of THC, (-)-trans-Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, that is, the main isomer in cannabis.[11] It is sold as Marinol (a registered trademark of Solvay Pharmaceuticals). Dronabinol is also marketed, sold, and distributed by PAR Pharmaceutical Companies under the terms of a license and distribution agreement with SVC pharma LP, an affiliate of Rhodes Technologies.

    Tetrahydrocannabinol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    No, I've shown that your position is not credible, now both through logic AND information.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 11:33 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,320

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No. Neither is accurate.
    I'm glad that you can admit that you were wrong. I can accept that you disagree with my paraphrasing your "will NOT" with "cannot".

    Here you go:
    Nausea and vomiting are produced by excitation of one or a number of triggers in the gastrointestinal tract, brainstem and higher brain centers. There are numerous cannabinoid receptors in the nucleus of the solitary tract, a brain center important in control of emesis (vomiting) (Herkenham, 1995).
    Thank you for proving me correct that smoking marijuana does not prevent you from being able to vomit. Marijuana helps relieve nausea and control of vomiting...

    There are two reasons that marijuana can be a very effective anti-vomiting agent. Firstly, there are many cannabinoid receptors at the vomiting center of the brain, which creates this positive effect. Secondly, smoking marijuana bypasses the GI system entirely.
    We've already established that it helps control vomiting.

    Wrong. It does both. Your information is inaccurate.
    Yes of course because if you can get your nausea under control you can control the vomiting. So great!

    No, I've shown that your position is not credible, now both through logic AND information.
    My position is that you have no scientific basis to claim drinking alcohol in excess and smoking marijuana will prevent you from vomiting the alcohol. So no you haven't. Nice try at the diversion though.

  9. #279
    don't panic
    marduc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 04:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,301

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    This is really ridiculous.

    Marijuana can suppress the urge to vomit-which I see nobody is disputing.

    vomiting is a necessary outlet for the body to purge itself from alcohol poisoning.

    Therefore marijuana can interfere with the bodies ability to purge itself of excess alcohol by suppressing the urge to vomit.

    Really this is not rocket science here.. A person has alcohol poisoning and the body needs to vomit to purge itself of toxins.. yet there is something interfering with this mechanism allowing more toxins to enter an already poisoned body. What is the issue with this?

    sometimes controlling -to copy previous emphasis in this silly semantic game- the urge to vomit is very very bad.
    Last edited by marduc; 03-20-10 at 06:36 PM.
    Law Enforcement Against Prohibition
    Drugs are bad, prohibition is worse

  10. #280
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJingoLingo View Post
    I'm glad that you can admit that you were wrong. I can accept that you disagree with my paraphrasing your "will NOT" with "cannot".

    Here you go:

    Thank you for proving me correct that smoking marijuana does not prevent you from being able to vomit. Marijuana helps relieve nausea and control of vomiting...


    We've already established that it helps control vomiting.


    Yes of course because if you can get your nausea under control you can control the vomiting. So great!
    Good. So I'm glad that we agree.


    My position is that you have no scientific basis to claim drinking alcohol in excess and smoking marijuana will prevent you from vomiting the alcohol. So no you haven't. Nice try at the diversion though.
    And your position has been scientifically been debunked. Since it has been scientifically proven that marijuana CAN prevent vomiting, it certainly CAN prevent vomiting when excessively drinking alcohol. I'm sorry that you do not see the connection, but I understand how you wouldn't. It proves you wrong.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •