View Poll Results: Should Medical Marijuana Be Legal?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    52 73.24%
  • No

    12 16.90%
  • Other

    7 9.86%
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 325

Thread: Miracle Marijuana

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I was talking to my parents about marijuana legalization, and truth is we were talking about hard drug decriminalization as well, and they brought up a great point about mind altering substances. They observed that it is the irresponsible actions taken when under the influence that is the problem. Granted one would be charged with DUI, but that doesn't save the person in the other car you hit while driving high or drunk. Granted use does not increase when legalized. Abuse does not increase either. Presumably this means irresponsible use does not change. But the risk is there that a legal substance can affect other people. This is a problem with alcohol, already legal. Their question was why should we legitimize the problem?

    What say you?
    Given that I change "add to the problem" to "legitimize the problem", what's the answer to this question?

    Here is the answer I came up with. I think it has to do with that it doesn't increase an existing problem, but it legitimizes the use that occurs anyway. People will still illegally use and cause problems. The difference is that legalizing prevents the creation of criminal enterprise.
    Last edited by reefedjib; 03-17-10 at 08:10 PM.

  2. #212
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Here is the answer I came up with. I think it has to do with that it doesn't increase an existing problem, but it legitimizes the use that occurs anyway.
    I hope legalization doesn't legitimize drug use. Its purpose should be to recognize and reflect the reality of the situation. Drug use should stay under the radar and not be integrated into society the same way alcohol is, because then we would have an increase in use.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    I hope legalization doesn't legitimize drug use. Its purpose should be to recognize and reflect the reality of the situation. Drug use should stay under the radar and not be integrated into society the same way alcohol is, because then we would have an increase in use.
    Stop evading and answer the question.

  4. #214
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Stop evading and answer the question.
    I'm still trying to understand the question.

    Quote Originally Posted by reefdjib
    But the risk is there that a legal substance can affect other people. This is a problem with alcohol, already legal. Their question was why should we legitimize the problem?
    That question assumes a premise that I don't think I agree with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit
    In that case, how would legalization leglitimize the problem?

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    I'm still trying to understand the question.


    That question assumes a premise that I don't think I agree with.

    Dude, if you legalize it you legitimize it.

  6. #216
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Dude, if you legalize it you legitimize it.
    Wait a minute, go back to the question:

    "But the risk is there that a legal substance can affect other people. This is a problem with alcohol, already legal. Their question was why should we legitimize the problem?"

    The "problem" you're talking about is drug user adversely affecting other people, right? If so, then the question assumes that legalizing (legitimizing) drugs would legalize (legitimize) inappropriate actions of drug users. That's a false assumption because legalizing drugs does not mean letting people drive intoxicated or smoke crack in front of Toys R Us or do anything else that tangibly infringes on other people's rights. All those things should still be illegal as I explained.

    If that's not the problem you're asking about then I still don't understand the question, sorry.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Wait a minute, go back to the question:

    "But the risk is there that a legal substance can affect other people. This is a problem with alcohol, already legal. Their question was why should we legitimize the problem?"

    The "problem" you're talking about is drug user adversely affecting other people, right? If so, then the question assumes that legalizing (legitimizing) drugs would legalize (legitimize) inappropriate actions of drug users. That's a false assumption because legalizing drugs does not mean letting people drive intoxicated or smoke crack in front of Toys R Us or do anything else that tangibly infringes on other people's rights. All those things should still be illegal as I explained.

    If that's not the problem you're asking about then I still don't understand the question, sorry.
    ****ing hell. Look, why should we legalize marijuana if it causes those kinds of problems?

  8. #218
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by jr602az View Post
    I heard in the news that medical pot helps you stay off alcohol addicting or other harmful drugs too.
    When you post false and inaccurate information like this you completely hurt the credibility of the pro-legalization side.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #219
    Student jr602az's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Phoenix,Az USA
    Last Seen
    12-29-10 @ 01:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    162

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    When you post false and inaccurate information like this you completely hurt the credibility of the pro-legalization side.
    no its just that you don't know nothing about marijuana. why don't you just go educate your self about marijuana
    Last edited by jr602az; 03-18-10 at 05:46 AM.
    Click On The Link Below To Visit My YouTube Channel & If You Have A YouTube Account, Please Subscribe.
    Thank You Enjoy
    http://www.YouTube.com/MarijuanaCommunity

  10. #220
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Miracle Marijuana

    Quote Originally Posted by jr602az View Post
    no its just that you don't know nothing about marijuana. why don't you just go educate your self about marijuana
    You have constantly shown your lack of knowledge on this by posting inaccurate information. You need to stop and read more objective and credible sources. Your lack of knowledge demonstrates why people don't take those who are pro-legalizers seriously.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •