View Poll Results: What do you think when you see someone with huge holes in their ears?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • That he looks really cool & I'd like to get to know him!

    4 9.09%
  • That he might be a good person to score some drugs from.

    3 6.82%
  • I'd like to introduce him to my daughter!

    1 2.27%
  • I would like to hire him to housesit for me

    0 0%
  • That he is probably a regular drug user

    8 18.18%
  • He is most likely a client of Mental Health

    6 13.64%
  • How in the world does he support himself?

    6 13.64%
  • That I would never judge by appearance!

    9 20.45%
  • He would make a good employee!

    1 2.27%
  • That he'll probably be offended if he catches me staring at him.

    6 13.64%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 90

Thread: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

  1. #51
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    That he has restricted his opportunities to be successful in life and to select blue collar occupations. Or that he has no ambition to be anything other than a twenty year old. I know huge holes in the ears is what I look for in a judge, lawyer, doctor, teacher, "soldier," senator, CEO, cop, etc.
    I'm going to school to be a pharmacologist. I highly doubt anyone will care about my appearance.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I'm going to school to be a pharmacologist. I highly doubt anyone will care about my appearance.
    It depends on the setting you work in, and the part of the country. I'm sure it would matter in my area, but probably in many large cities it would be acceptable.

  3. #53
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    i think he must have good hearing, but then realise you were talking about ear lobes, then i start thinking the fun i could have with a hook and line
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Last Seen
    11-23-11 @ 10:06 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,827

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    i think he must have good hearing, but then realise you were talking about ear lobes, then i start thinking the fun i could have with a hook and line
    Ha ha, I should have said 'earlobes'!

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    Those who disfigure themselves with torture or tatoos, those who dress as clowns or hobos have little respect for themselves or others, those men who wear woman's jewery...I wonder about.....Its something strange, something to become used to...these oddballs will always be around.
    Are they the lost souls of this generation?
    If I were a business owner, my customers/clients would come first, if the oddball bothers them not, then I would tolerate it. But, when going thru the hiring process, ones strange appearance can be a minus.

  6. #56
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    SoCal
    Last Seen
    07-07-11 @ 02:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    406

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    Quote Originally Posted by MyOwnDrum View Post
    I saw a slouching looking young man the other day at the supermarket. He had, in addition to the lip stud and tatoos, those earrings that make huge holes in ones earlobes.

    What do you think when you see someone so attired?
    Weird. Wonder if he's a pirate?!? ...weird.

  7. #57
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    Those who disfigure themselves with torture or tatoos, those who dress as clowns or hobos have little respect for themselves or others, those men who wear woman's jewery...I wonder about.....Its something strange, something to become used to...these oddballs will always be around.
    Are they the lost souls of this generation?
    If I were a business owner, my customers/clients would come first, if the oddball bothers them not, then I would tolerate it. But, when going thru the hiring process, ones strange appearance can be a minus.

    Pardon me - disfigure themselves? You're kidding .. right?

    I have a lot of self respect, what does that have to do with the fact that I have chosen to do something with my body that you have not? It's not a mark of horrible morals or anything else that would indicate that I think less of myself as a human being. Odd how you choose to view them.

    What about those people who jump in the sack with every Tom, Dick and Harry. How about their self respect? No way to tell that of course. Unless you hold the belief that people with tattoos are promiscuous, in which case you'd be sadly mistaken. Good Lord...

    If I have misread or did not understand what you were saying above, please forgive me. Sometimes things are lost in text, but if I'm reading your post correctly, I can't hardly believe anyone would hold these beliefs.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGirlNextDoor View Post
    Pardon me - disfigure themselves? You're kidding .. right?

    I have a lot of self respect, what does that have to do with the fact that I have chosen to do something with my body that you have not? It's not a mark of horrible morals or anything else that would indicate that I think less of myself as a human being. Odd how you choose to view them.

    What about those people who jump in the sack with every Tom, Dick and Harry. How about their self respect? No way to tell that of course. Unless you hold the belief that people with tattoos are promiscuous, in which case you'd be sadly mistaken. Good Lord...

    If I have misread or did not understand what you were saying above, please forgive me. Sometimes things are lost in text, but if I'm reading your post correctly, I can't hardly believe anyone would hold these beliefs.

    Feh. Old people are funny.
    My dad freaked out when I started getting tattoos.
    He's an old hippie. To him, tattoos are for sailors and convicts.
    Last edited by 1069; 03-07-10 at 07:23 PM.

  9. #59
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,769

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    put the front sight between the two holes?



  10. #60
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,582

    Re: What do you think when you see a guy with 1 inch holes in each ear?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1069 View Post
    Feh. Old people are funny.
    My dad freaked out when I started getting tattoos.
    He's an old hippie. To him, tattoos are for sailors and convicts.
    Tattoos are for sailors and convicts, that's why your dad freaked out. It used to be that anyone who had a tattoo was not only a sailor, but had been a drunk sailor at least once.

    What do I think when I see someone with National Geographic earlobes? None of the choices fit. I think, "What was he thinking, and why would anyone want to go around looking like that? I wonder if it hurt? Oh well, it's his ears and not mine."
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •