View Poll Results: Where did the Universe come from?

Voters
102. You may not vote on this poll
  • From the Big Bang, not sure what was before. God does not exist and was not involved.

    39 38.24%
  • Not the Big Bang, but some other physical event. God does not exist and was not involved.

    2 1.96%
  • God created the Universe without a Big Bang. Earth was especially created.

    2 1.96%
  • God created the Universe with a Big Bang and then the universe evolved.

    37 36.27%
  • Some other mechanism created the Universe, without God...

    13 12.75%
  • God created the Universe in some other fashion...

    9 8.82%
Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 385

Thread: Where did the Universe come from?

  1. #221
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    fail! Predetermination allows for freewill.



    .
    HOW???? You keep glossing over how it does.

    You just keep asserting that it does but won't explain it.

    We have both explained why freewill and predetermination with a creator god cannot allow freewill.
    Last edited by scourge99; 03-02-10 at 02:46 PM.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #222
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,595
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    the universe came from the big bang, and as i got told by an astrophysicist, what was before is irrelevant as there was nothing, no space or time
    If there were nothing, then the bang never happened.
    Nothing + nothing = nothing.
    There had to be something....so how did this "something" come about?

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Nope. Can't. It's pre-determined.
    You can have both predetermination and freewill.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    HOW???? You keep glossing over how it does.

    You just keep asserting that it does but won't explain it.

    We have both explained why freewill and predetermination with a creator god cannot allow freewill.
    Just because God knows in advance what choices will be made, this does not change the fact the the people make those choices out of freewill.

  5. #225
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    If there were nothing, then the bang never happened.
    Nothing + nothing = nothing.
    There had to be something....so how did this "something" come about?
    Actually there are theories on how something can come from nothing. Virtual particles and the like.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  6. #226
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Just because God knows in advance what choices will be made, this does not change the fact the the people make those choices out of freewill.
    Oh my god. That wasn't an explanation. It was an assertion!!! The same one you make over and over again.

    Do you not understand the difference between an explanation and an assertion???

    I think we are done here reef. You've shown that you do NOT have an explanation. You only have the assertion that freewill can coexist with predetermination. Nothing more.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    You can have both predetermination and freewill.
    Yes, of course. Bald statements of religious belief always trump the facts and logic that prove them wrong.

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Just because God knows in advance what choices will be made, this does not change the fact the the people make those choices out of freewill.
    You mean except for the fact that God built the universe to do exactly what She wanted it to do, your statement that God's advance knowledge doesn't invalidate freewill works just fine.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Actually there are theories on how something can come from nothing. Virtual particles and the like.
    Virtual particles borrow energy from the universe and give it back through either particle pair annihilation or Hawking radiation.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Where did the Universe come from?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Oh my god. That wasn't an explanation. It was an assertion!!! The same one you make over and over again.

    Do you not understand the difference between an explanation and an assertion???

    I think we are done here reef. You've shown that you do NOT have an explanation. You only have the assertion that freewill can coexist with predetermination. Nothing more.
    I really don't know what you want beyond an assertion that omniscience, creation and freewill are compatible. I've given you an explanation. God has knowledge, creates the universe and still leaves freewill to the people. You claim to have disproven this and you have NOT. See ya later...

Page 23 of 39 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •