View Poll Results: I have a "right" to...

Voters
112. You may not vote on this poll
  • Health care

    30 26.79%
  • Food

    35 31.25%
  • Water

    39 34.82%
  • Other people's wealth

    7 6.25%
  • A job

    17 15.18%
  • A minimum or "living" wage

    30 26.79%
  • None of the above

    61 54.46%
  • Other

    26 23.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 349

Thread: I have a "right" to...

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    All PEOPLE have the right to marry.
    All people who meet the criteria have the right to marry.

    Demonstration: People who can not legally consent to not meet the criteria and therefore do not have the right to marry.

    Much like how women didn't have the right to vote. SCOTUS ruled that women did not meet the criteria for that right to then apply to them. The solution: Change the criteria.

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    In MOST states, men dont have the right to legally marry men...brothers dont have the right to legally marry sisters. people dont have the right to legally marry animals...no matter how much they love each other.
    Right, one has to meet the criteria, that's what I'm saying. It seems we agree.
    Last edited by Jerry; 02-28-10 at 10:17 PM.

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ummm...just how many billions are spent each year already on those 'free' government handout programs because people have the 'right' to food...healthcare...housing...

    Its not a question of enslaving...but unless you are simply refusing to see the truth, Obama...democrats...politicians...even Biden (hes not REALLY a player) have all said they want to give away MORE and they absolutely believe the wealthy should pay for it.

    ANd they HAVE to give away more of other peoples money. How else do you continue to create more crippled and dependent little pets to keep dems in power?
    What government program are you talking about that hand things out to people for free?

    Have all said they want to give away MORE and they absolutely believe the wealthy should pay for it
    Wait.... so they are just handing things out to people? Why havent I gotten anything? What are you talking about? If I am wrong, here inform me lol. So you think theres a conspiracy on their part to redistribute americas wealth?

    ANd they HAVE to give away more of other peoples money. How else do you continue to create more crippled and dependent little pets to keep dems in power?
    Wait so now they are trying to break people to make them dependent? So their like skeletor-stalin who takes everyones money away with the goal of making them government dependent? Like CASTRO

    Apparently I need to hear about this.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    To those of you who picked "food, water, health care, etc." but failed to pick "other people's wealth", where do you think the "food, water, etc." will come from, if not other people's wealth?

  4. #64
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    All people who meet the criteria have the right to marry.
    Married and 'legally recognized marriage in the US' are two different things.

    I can marry my dog right now if I wanna.

  5. #65
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,424

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    You can be charged and convicted of a felony if someone comes to you with a life threatening injury, and you do nothing. Thus to some extent health care is a human right.

    You can be charged and convicted of a felony if someone comes to you and is literally starving to death and you do nothing and they die. Thus you have a human right not to starve to death.

    You can be charged and convicted of a felony if someone comes to you and is literally dying of thirst and you do nothing and they die. Thus you have a human right not to die of thirst.

    My point is that these issues are not just black and white.
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  6. #66
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I suppose the government will pay for it and some charities, and both are funded by taxes and donations. Do people not have rights because they are apart of society or because they are human? Should a sick child be denied healthcare because he can't pay for it? Or should starving people be denied food because they can't pay for it? As humans and as citizens of the US it is their right to receive necessities. It wouldn't be compassionate or civil to deny fellow Americans basic rights needed to live.
    Here we go....do we have 300,000,000 children in this country? How many children earn a leaving? Your argument is completely specious.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    To those of you who picked "food, water, health care, etc." but failed to pick "other people's wealth", where do you think the "food, water, etc." will come from, if not other people's wealth?
    Fair point. We all live in a community and the community is responsible to help those who need food, water and health care. In preactice this means there is a way to raise capital to pay for this "from the community".

  8. #68
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Define "right".
    You didn't vote.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway
    Last Seen
    07-07-16 @ 08:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,854

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    It's really silly to talk about rights. You have the right to vote, not for food. If the country is poor, then not everyone can get food. That's how nature works.

    However, I would say that we should try to provide everyone food in developed countries, because it's not efficient to let people starve, and I believe we should try to provide everyone the basic needs, but after that they have to earn it themselves.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: I have a "right" to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    To those of you who picked "food, water, health care, etc." but failed to pick "other people's wealth", where do you think the "food, water, etc." will come from, if not other people's wealth?
    Once again who said it was being given out for free? Theres one that says right to a job.

Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •