View Poll Results: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    21 55.26%
  • No

    14 36.84%
  • Other

    3 7.89%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 60

Thread: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

  1. #11
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    I voted "no." Ron Paul would shut down too many aspects of the government too quickly via executive order, and it would hurt too many people and businesses if he did so. If Ron Paul became President, I'm sure there would be a pissing match never before seen between the President and Congress over the functioning of the government.

    I don't mind a libertarian for President so long as he's a moderate libertarian, and I don't think Ron Paul is one.

  2. #12
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    If you want another fast talker, with a nice smile, then no. but we want somebody to get us out of the financial mess we are in, then YES.
    Im sorry, but the bold made me In a way, it is kinda sad; that we as a nation are not strong enough to overcome this obstacle. What makes a country strong is its people, work ethic, desire to better themselves, etc... Not a leader who holds the same ideology as you do. Strong and weak leaders will come and go, the American people will remain forever strong.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  3. #13
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I voted "no." Ron Paul would shut down too many aspects of the government too quickly via executive order, and it would hurt too many people and businesses if he did so. If Ron Paul became President, I'm sure there would be a pissing match never before seen between the President and Congress over the functioning of the government.

    I don't mind a libertarian for President so long as he's a moderate libertarian, and I don't think Ron Paul is one.
    Be glad I'm not in charge, Id shut the whole mess down. then start fresh with like five guys, with one as the janitor. We got more people riding, than pullin tha wagon.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  4. #14
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    Be glad I'm not in charge, Id shut the whole mess down. then start fresh with like five guys, with one as the janitor. We got more people riding, than pullin tha wagon.
    And that is why you would never be in charge. How many millions of lives are you willing to harm in an attempt to "change"?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #15
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    Be glad I'm not in charge, Id shut the whole mess down. then start fresh with like five guys, with one as the janitor. We got more people riding, than pullin tha wagon.
    I think Congress and the Supreme Court may have a few things to say about such a thing.

  6. #16
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    And that is why you would never be in charge. How many millions of lives are you willing to harm in an attempt to "change"?
    Same ole time thinking. You have no frame of reference. things don't have to be harmed, in order to make change. that is just the way things are done now. cause nobody has a thousand year plan. I got a 10,000 year plan, that includes no wars, and no debt. Because I don't have "short dick syndrome, and need to prove anything.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  7. #17
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I voted "no." Ron Paul would shut down too many aspects of the government too quickly via executive order, and it would hurt too many people and businesses if he did so. If Ron Paul became President, I'm sure there would be a pissing match never before seen between the President and Congress over the functioning of the government.

    I don't mind a libertarian for President so long as he's a moderate libertarian, and I don't think Ron Paul is one.
    I'm on the fence. Ron Paul has every right to run, and if he wants to he should. Any other time in American history I would vote for him, but his views on the war I personally believe would create a huge M.E. power vacuum that would endanger the U.S.

    As well, I think Doctor Paul's position has been somewhat muddied in our culture, he wants to recede government scope, that is true, but I believe at a pace that the market and our society can absorb rather than shocking the system. I am on board for that, though your concerns about doing too much government reform too fast are valid.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    So.Calif.
    Last Seen
    04-21-11 @ 06:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,078

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    If you want another fast talker, with a nice smile, then no. but we want somebody to get us out of the financial mess we are in, then YES. He knows where all the bodies are buried, and who buried them there. He is a Man of courage and conviction. the first true Statesman to come down the pike in quite a while. If we miss this chance, it could be our last. we are going down fast, if you haven't notice. --History shows there is a turning point, with Nations going down hill. some make it, and some don't.


    ***** Anybody who let's 9/11 Truth wackos onboard his campaign just to boost numbers and let's others jam phone banks and intimidate others has no credibility . He's as much of an opportunist in his ****** SMALL ***** way as many other politco's.

  9. #19
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinc Route View Post
    ***** Anybody who let's 9/11 Truth wackos onboard his campaign just to boost numbers and let's others jam phone banks and intimidate others has no credibility . He's as much of an opportunist in his ****** SMALL ***** way as many other politco's.
    Hey there Zinc. I've been expecting you. welcome.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

  10. #20
    Guru
    Skateguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston/Heights
    Last Seen
    02-07-12 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,571

    Re: Should Ron Paul Run for President in 2012?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Im sorry, but the bold made me In a way, it is kinda sad; that we as a nation are not strong enough to overcome this obstacle. What makes a country strong is its people, work ethic, desire to better themselves, etc... Not a leader who holds the same ideology as you do. Strong and weak leaders will come and go, the American people will remain forever strong.
    the American People, have proven to me they will follow whom ever has the bell around their neck. they need leadership, whether they admit it or not.---and not just more politicians, that live one election to the next, with no long term plans for our future. We are not nearly as bright as our diplomas say we are.
    "Don't be particular bout nothin, but the company you keep"

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •