View Poll Results: Which Accent Sounds Better

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • English-Upper Class

    8 14.04%
  • English-Cockney

    3 5.26%
  • Australian

    12 21.05%
  • Irish

    14 24.56%
  • American

    6 10.53%
  • New Zealand

    1 1.75%
  • South Africa

    2 3.51%
  • Scottish

    11 19.30%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 123

Thread: Accents

  1. #41
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Accents

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I don't really care how non-speakers hear English as long as they can speak it well.

    Now about this mandarin, it is most definitely NOT a beautiful language. They only shush, whine and cluck at each other, and it ought to be outlawed. Horrible.

    Now German is a beautiful language. Very logical and great dialects.
    french is great too, just ask this guy

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4e1Y-2Rz24"]YouTube- The Merovingian[/ame]
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Accents

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    french is great too, just ask this guy

    YouTube- The Merovingian
    Great movie, but on the topic of French - it, and the French, are over rated. I find it ****ing hilarious that the French have to come up with French words describing the internet and computers so their language remains current. No wonder it is the Scandinavians and Eastern Europeans who are the brilliant hackers these days.

  3. #43
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Accents

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    Great movie, but on the topic of French - it, and the French, are over rated. I find it ****ing hilarious that the French have to come up with French words describing the internet and computers so their language remains current. No wonder it is the Scandinavians and Eastern Europeans who are the brilliant hackers these days.
    but on the bright side of the french, they are fun to take the piss out of, i started talking to a group of frech backpackers the other day, and they are the most gullible out of any nationality i have ever met, and they have a ****ty sense of humor, didn't get any of my jokes, but the women folk make up for most lackings
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Accents

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    but on the bright side of the french, they are fun to take the piss out of, i started talking to a group of frech backpackers the other day, and they are the most gullible out of any nationality i have ever met, and they have a ****ty sense of humor, didn't get any of my jokes, but the women folk make up for most lackings
    When they shave...

  5. #45
    Dungeon Master
    Veni, vidi, dormivi!

    spud_meister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Didjabringabeeralong
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    33,888
    Blog Entries
    8

    Re: Accents

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    When they shave...
    true
    So follow me into the desert
    As desperate as you are
    Where the moon is glued to a picture of heaven
    And all the little pigs have God

  6. #46
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Accents

    Quote Originally Posted by Skateguy View Post
    the wimens swoon, when ever they hear me speak. Much as the do in here. ---hahahhahahah
    We all luvs you so very much.
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  7. #47
    Guru
    nonpareil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    07-04-15 @ 10:36 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,108

    Re: Accents

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    I don't really care how non-speakers hear English as long as they can speak it well.

    Now about this mandarin, it is most definitely NOT a beautiful language. They only shush, whine and cluck at each other, and it ought to be outlawed. Horrible.

    Now German is a beautiful language. Very logical and great dialects.

    I never thought you care. Merely illustrating that you are judging it from an ignorant standpoint - you don't know the language so you say it's bad. You said German is logical, but it's very similar to English. Chinese is actually more logical and easily mastered for everyday usage.

  8. #48
    Pathetic Douchebag
    Cilogy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    10-10-14 @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,587

    Re: Accents

    The reasons that Americans think so lowly of Mandarin:

    1) because we're American ...

    2) Chinese isolationism centuries ago, which is why, as a whole, East Asian culture is so radically different from others. The cultures in that part of the world was allowed to flower in such a bold and different way that it seems strange to us, and we seem strange to them.

    3) Because everything non-American is horrible. Woohoo! USA! USA! USA! We're number 1, we're gonna blow up the whole world!!!


    We're too damn narrow-minded for our own good, so naturally something introduced to us that is "different" is automatically considered "bad" or "lower."
    Last edited by Cilogy; 02-27-10 at 04:29 AM.


  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Accents

    Quote Originally Posted by nonpareil View Post
    I never thought you care. Merely illustrating that you are judging it from an ignorant standpoint - you don't know the language so you say it's bad. You said German is logical, but it's very similar to English. Chinese is actually more logical and easily mastered for everyday usage.
    I know a little chinese. Enough to say hello, goodbye, have you eaten, thank you, and count to ten. I live and work in America. I expect English to be spoken and so does the company I work for. The Indian-Americans at the very least speak English with each other, probably because there is no single Indian language. The neighboring team somehow got 3 chinese assigned to it. When they get together, they speak Chinese with each other. Normally this would not be a problem except it is done in the cubical right next to mine, so while I am trying to focus on my work, I got to listen to this bull**** tonal language being spoken next door. I went over there a few months back when they were all talking that crap and I told them that they were disturbing me with their speaking of chinese and that they should really practice their english, which is quite good by the way. They didn't listen. They are very inconsiderate.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Accents

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilogy View Post
    3) Because everything non-American is horrible. Woohoo! USA! USA! USA! We're number 1, we're gonna blow up the whole world!!!
    in your case, this should read:
    3) Because Americans are horrible. Down with the USA and all the trouble they cause in the world. If we could only break the power of the US to interfere, the rest of the world would flower in blossoms.

    Nice of you to overlook all the good we do in the world that would be sorely missed. What are you European or a leftist liberal punk?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •