View Poll Results: The VA should be eliminated because it's Socialized Medicine which is Evil

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Agree

    3 6.38%
  • Disagree

    28 59.57%
  • I enjoy pointing out inconsistent beliefs

    16 34.04%
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 137

Thread: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

  1. #91
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    We are the only industrialized nation doesn't have some type of nationalized health care, many of which are not as affluent as our own.
    Yeah, so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    However, they do no not waste a quarter of the money we waste on our military so they can afford to provide affordable health care for their own people.
    And much of their defense responsibilities are taken up by the US.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  2. #92
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Look kids, someone who has no understanding of what socialism is.

    The VA owns the hospitals. Owns the equipment. Employs the doctors. Controls what procedures are done and when. That is a classic owning the means of production. When the state owns the means of production, that is socialism.

    What! How dare you use the actual, real meanings of words in this debate!

    Everyone knows the real definition is: "Socialism is whatever the government does that I disagree with. If I agree with it, then it can't be socialism!"

  3. #93
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No, just not socialized medicine. For healthcare to be socialized wouldn't it have to be available to the whole society?
    No, it only has to be available to those eligible; just like food stamps and unemployment benefits which are also socialism.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Like the imposition of force to steal to finance unearned benefits for the general public. The VA provides earned services.

    The difference between earned and unearned isn't something socialists understand, but it's real, nonetheless.

    That's why voters should be required to earn their own living before being allowed near a ballot box. So they'll prove they know the difference between earned and unearned.
    So the doctors aren't Govt. employees?

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Look kids, someone who has no understanding of what socialism is.

    The VA owns the hospitals. Owns the equipment. Employs the doctors. Controls what procedures are done and when. That is a classic owning the means of production. When the state owns the means of production, that is socialism.
    No.

    The purpose of all this state-owned production is the servicing of an earned obligation.

    Socialism is the distribution of unearned wealth.

    We've told you this enough times that you cannot plead ignorance.

    So quit posting the lies.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    Quote Originally Posted by kansaswhig View Post
    So the doctors aren't Govt. employees?
    You having difficulty understanding that the government by running the VA is paying off an earned debt, whereas socialized medicine is re-distributing unearned wealth?

    Too bad for you.

    Explains why you're a Leftist.

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
    No, it only has to be available to those eligible; just like food stamps and unemployment benefits which are also socialism.
    When the sole criteria for eligibility is "need" not "earned value", it' socialism.

  8. #98
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    See, it's like workers comp for workplace injuries.

    In a way.

    Or employer-provided healthcare.

    Are those evil?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #99
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Last Seen
    10-14-11 @ 10:09 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,164

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    You having difficulty understanding that the government by running the VA is paying off an earned debt, whereas socialized medicine is re-distributing unearned wealth?

    Too bad for you.

    Explains why you're a Leftist.
    No, I understand. I might use the VA when I retire, if I need to. I understand that it's not a socialized system, but I was simply pointing out many, many posts ago that it's a government-run program, which it is.

    It's a social program for a specific group of people (me included). Is it not?

    Just like the elderly are eligible for Medicare.
    Last edited by kansaswhig; 02-23-10 at 05:23 PM.

  10. #100
    Professor
    Groucho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Pocono Mountains, PA
    Last Seen
    05-24-11 @ 03:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,363

    Re: Socialized Medicine is Evil, therefore the VA should be eliminated

    You know, it's pointless to argue with people who make up their own definitions.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •