View Poll Results: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stupid.

    28 21.21%
  • Losers.

    22 16.67%
  • Immoral.

    4 3.03%
  • Not my concern.

    54 40.91%
  • Normal.

    37 28.03%
  • Awesome!

    20 15.15%
  • Confused.

    18 13.64%
  • Hungry.

    29 21.97%
  • Drowsy.

    12 9.09%
  • Other.

    29 21.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 297

Thread: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    This business of saying that smoking pot is the same as drinking, whatever. If it makes you feel better about your habit, keep asserting that fact.
    Hmm.....drinking kills brain cells, makes you dick limp, damages your liver.

    Smoking marijuana kills brain cells, damages your lungs, and ruins your diet.

    Driving while drunk can lead to gross loss of vehicular control and death.

    Driving while high on weed can lead to gross loss of vehicular control and death.

    Yet alcohol is legal. Alcohol was banned for while because do-gooders and control freaks (aka "Progressives") wanted to interfere. Net result, high expense to society, majority totally disrespecting the law.

    Marijuana is banned, because do-gooders and control freaks (aka "Progressives") wanted to interfere. Net result, high expense to society, majority totally disrespecting the law.

    Yeah, can't see any reason for keeping the unconstitutional ban on a naturally growing plant in effect when it failed for manufactured alcohol.

  2. #212
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And he is arguing against aps, who is not arguing on whether it should be legal or not. Aps is 100 % correct in her assessment, they are not the same thing. EgoffTib was mistaken in trying to assert that she is close minded for having the nerve to be 100 % correct. furthermore, despite your claim, EgoffTib has not made any argument that I have seen for trying to get rid of the law, so you are also factually incorrect.
    Yes, there is a differance in legality. Egoff meant that from a moral standpoint they are the same. Of course this statement can't be taken 100% litterrally. You don't do that with everything.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Actually in the car is one of the primary places that cannabis is smoked and it causes a negligible amount of accidents compared to alcohol use.
    While I concede your point, the important issue is that no one should drive while impaired, be it from beer, booze, marijuana, prescription meds, exhaustion, or anything else. It's not just the driver's life at risk.

  4. #214
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I don't think smoking weed is the same as drinking. I think since drinking is so mainstream in our culture people are way more likely to over do it. Very few people are daily weed smokers. And while the same can be said about people who drink, I think as a rule of thumb you are more likely to walk into somebody who has drinking problems than somebody who has a weed smoking problem.
    If so few people smoke weed, what's the big deal about legalizing or decriminalizing it?
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  5. #215
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    If so few people smoke weed, what's the big deal about legalizing or decriminalizing it?
    Loss of control over others.

    That's a major ego buster for both Lefties and Righties.

  6. #216
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    Yes, there is a differance in legality. Egoff meant that from a moral standpoint they are the same. Of course this statement can't be taken 100% litterrally. You don't do that with everything.
    But, and this is important, he was responding to some one who said the difference was in legality, and calling her close minded for seeing this distinction.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Just some clarifications I'd like to make:

    1. Marijuana is dangerous and has negative health effects. There is very strong evidence it causes cancer.

    2. No one should be operating a vehicle while they're stoned, period. I understand that it's not the same as alcohol but it's still dangerous.

    3. Marijuana does not cause people to be smart. That is just idiotic.

    4. Marijuana does not cause people to be stupid. That is just idiotic.

    5. Marijuana has legitimate medicinal uses.

  8. #218
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    But, and this is important, he was responding to some one who said the difference was in legality, and calling her close minded for seeing this distinction.
    I read what he said. He was referring to no moral distinction. Egoff was saying that since there is no moral differance there is no good reason for a legal differance. If egoff didn't know about the marijuana ban, why would he even respond?
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  9. #219
    Advisor Iwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Illinois. I wish i lived in a Socialist country.
    Last Seen
    04-25-11 @ 04:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    443

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Weed in my opinion makes you hungry as hell. ive had the munchies like a mofo before and my god i ate 20 small danishes myself let alone the half gallon of milk i drank with them...
    It's not rape if you scream "SURPRISE" first.

  10. #220
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:31 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    I read what he said. He was referring to no moral distinction. Egoff was saying that since there is no moral differance there is no good reason for a legal differance. If egoff didn't know about the marijuana ban, why would he even respond?
    She did not say "no moral distinction". He did not say "no moral distinction". I am responding to what they said, not what you imagine their point was.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •