View Poll Results: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stupid.

    28 21.21%
  • Losers.

    22 16.67%
  • Immoral.

    4 3.03%
  • Not my concern.

    54 40.91%
  • Normal.

    37 28.03%
  • Awesome!

    20 15.15%
  • Confused.

    18 13.64%
  • Hungry.

    29 21.97%
  • Drowsy.

    12 9.09%
  • Other.

    29 21.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 297

Thread: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

  1. #201
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Maybe you missed this post...



    How you can read that and not understand that attempts at reason would be fruitless is beyond me.
    No I did not miss that post. She disagrees with you. She happens to also be right. It is not the same as drinking, if for no other reason than one is legal and one is not(she mentions this in another post, did you miss it?). She is no more close minded on the subject than you are.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #202
    Devourer of Poor Children
    DrunkenAsparagus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    DC
    Last Seen
    01-20-16 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,496

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No I did not miss that post. She disagrees with you. She happens to also be right. It is not the same as drinking, if for no other reason than one is legal and one is not(she mentions this in another post, did you miss it?). She is no more close minded on the subject than you are.
    This is a tauntology. He is arguing to get rid of the law.
    "Doubleplusungood"

    George Orwell

  3. #203
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenAsparagus View Post
    This is a tauntology. He is arguing to get rid of the law.
    And he is arguing against aps, who is not arguing on whether it should be legal or not. Aps is 100 % correct in her assessment, they are not the same thing. EgoffTib was mistaken in trying to assert that she is close minded for having the nerve to be 100 % correct. furthermore, despite your claim, EgoffTib has not made any argument that I have seen for trying to get rid of the law, so you are also factually incorrect.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #204
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Reefer Madness!

    Reefer Madness

  5. #205
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,019

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    I don't think smoking weed is the same as drinking. I think since drinking is so mainstream in our culture people are way more likely to over do it. Very few people are daily weed smokers. And while the same can be said about people who drink, I think as a rule of thumb you are more likely to walk into somebody who has drinking problems than somebody who has a weed smoking problem.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #206
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    We are? When did that happen? Let me check in with the OP:



    Nope, no mention of morality there. Nice attempt to move the goalpost when you don't like the answer.
    You are right, I don't like the lame ass answer that it is illegal. That's the end of your argument? Of course it is illegal, by why since the time of Mr. Thoreau should that mean anything. Clearly the law is wrong. Saying that users of pot are reprehensible merely because it is illegal completely misses the point.

    It does raise the question of why it is illegal. And beyond that, why is it criminal? There is no harm done to another, so why did the powers that be make it criminal. It started as a racist law, unfairly targeting blacks and hispanics in this country, since it was they that were using it predominantly at the time. There was an overt propoganda campaign pursued that lagelled it a gateway drug and a corrupting influence on our youth. And for that they made it a criminal offense? Absolutely ****ing ridiculous.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    There's no ambiguity over how pot became illegal and criminal. The logging giants were worried that hemp could possibly cut into their profits, especially on the basis of paper production. And while there is some difference between hemp and the pot you smoke; it all got lumped together in one huge propaganda piece by the logging industry to get the lot of it criminalized. Now it's illegal because it's been that way for some time.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  8. #208
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by reefedjib View Post
    You are right, I don't like the lame ass answer that it is illegal. That's the end of your argument? Of course it is illegal, by why since the time of Mr. Thoreau should that mean anything. Clearly the law is wrong. Saying that users of pot are reprehensible merely because it is illegal completely misses the point.

    It does raise the question of why it is illegal. And beyond that, why is it criminal? There is no harm done to another, so why did the powers that be make it criminal. It started as a racist law, unfairly targeting blacks and hispanics in this country, since it was they that were using it predominantly at the time. There was an overt propoganda campaign pursued that lagelled it a gateway drug and a corrupting influence on our youth. And for that they made it a criminal offense? Absolutely ****ing ridiculous.
    Then make arguments about it's legality. This thread did not ask about that, it asked what people thought of people who smoke marijuana. What I think of them is that they are criminals as it stands today. That is how it is, that is the simple fact of the matter. Saying things like "it's no different than alcohol" is demonstrably false, since one is legal, and one is not. It is a bad argument.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #209
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    I find it interesting how some people voted in the poll and then how they presented a seemingly different argument in thread.

    What's up with that?
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  10. #210
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Depends on how often and what happens when they do. I suppose my best answer would be...

    ... are identical to those who drink alcohol.
    Yeah, what he said.

    They're not my concern until they're operating heavy machinery...

    I've know some very high-functioning pot smokers and I've known an equal number that can't make a living into their 30's...

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •