View Poll Results: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stupid.

    28 21.21%
  • Losers.

    22 16.67%
  • Immoral.

    4 3.03%
  • Not my concern.

    54 40.91%
  • Normal.

    37 28.03%
  • Awesome!

    20 15.15%
  • Confused.

    18 13.64%
  • Hungry.

    29 21.97%
  • Drowsy.

    12 9.09%
  • Other.

    29 21.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 297

Thread: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    A synthetic derivative of a chemical found in marijuana stimulates cell growth in rat brains and you think this means smoking pot causes humans to be smarter?

    If your theory is correct, then you need to smoke more pot...

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Depends on how often and what happens when they do. I suppose my best answer would be...

    ... are identical to those who drink alcohol.
    Close, but not quite. Physically and mentally they are similar to people who drink alcohol, but, with marijuana being illegal, they are engaged in a somewhat more risky act. They are putting themselves at a greater risk than alcohol drinkers.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,796

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    I consider pot use the same as tobacco use or excessive alcohol use: stupid. If you need to smoke, snort, imbibe or inject some substance to feel good about yourself, you've got some serious problems.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  4. #14
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Close, but not quite. Physically and mentally they are similar to people who drink alcohol, but, with marijuana being illegal, they are engaged in a somewhat more risky act. They are putting themselves at a greater risk than alcohol drinkers.
    I was not including the illegality of the substance in my assessment. If I were to do that, stupid and risky would have been the response.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I was not including the illegality of the substance in my assessment. If I were to do that, stupid and risky would have been the response.
    I think you have to include that in the assessment of things as they are now.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,759

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    I think you have to include that in the assessment of things as they are now.
    Didn't seen to be what the OP was going for, though. I mean everyone could have responded with one word: criminals. This would have been accurate.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #17
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:21 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,341
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Didn't seen to be what the OP was going for, though. I mean everyone could have responded with one word: criminals. This would have been accurate.
    That is not quite what I mean. To use marijuana today, you have to be willing to accept the risks associated with the fact it is illegal. I am thinking of it in terms of personality not legality specifically. This is not true of some one who uses alcohol. The risks extend beyond the fact you might get caught by police as well. You may lose your job if you are subject to drug screenings at work, you may have a hard time getting a job even, since at the very least many jobs require a drug screening beforehand(every job I have had since the mid 80's I have had to take a drug test prior to getting the job). A person has to either be oblivious to these risks, or willing to accept them, and that is what I am talking about.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    If they are, it isn't because they're smoking pot...
    I beg to differ. Smoking pot helped me tremendously in college where I pursued a degree in Physics. Smoking pot helped me visualize a lot of Physics like thermo, modern, quantum, nuclear, mechanics, ... Back then I was smoking 2-3 times a day and would always to my physics studying high. I used to head home after class and get high then go back to the lab at 11 pm and study til 3 am. I even got high before taking exams and those were no easy exams. You know you are in big ****ing trouble when the exam is a take home, open book, open notes, internet allowed, 8 hour exam! It was killer! I had a 3.3 GPA.

    It also helped me in English, Chemistry and Mathematics.

  9. #19
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Guerrilla View Post
    Personally, it's a money sink with no positive long term returns.
    It's not meant to have positive long term returns. It's meant to be used as either a coping mechanism or for medicinal purposes. People smoke marijuana for the activation of pleasure centers in the brain, which can help people de-stress after a long day of working the rat race. People are expected to do more work in less time to earn fewer dollars. Without a way to cope with that stress, it's no wonder people smoke out every once in a while. There are also valid medicinal purposes to marijuana. So while there is no long term positives to marijuana, it isn't used in that way.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    6,763
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    There are also valid medicinal purposes to marijuana.
    Exactly. I was self-medicating my bipolar disorder.

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •