View Poll Results: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stupid.

    28 21.21%
  • Losers.

    22 16.67%
  • Immoral.

    4 3.03%
  • Not my concern.

    54 40.91%
  • Normal.

    37 28.03%
  • Awesome!

    20 15.15%
  • Confused.

    18 13.64%
  • Hungry.

    29 21.97%
  • Drowsy.

    12 9.09%
  • Other.

    29 21.97%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 297

Thread: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

  1. #161
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I smoke pot all the time and I'm quite intelligent - in fact, I find I'm more lucid when I write high as opposed to not.
    Not to be judgemental or anything, but on the one hand you claim to be intelligent and on the other, your actions prove you're anything but, at least in regards to your drug-use habits.

    As they say, actions speak louder than words. No offense intended.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #162
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    while I do drink soda, it's sugar-free stuff.
    Which is actually worse for you

    Come on, I think it's funny that instead of admitting that pot smokers are fools, you're trying to attack the guy who brings the message.
    No, she's trying to point out that everyone has a vice. For instance, I find it hilariously ironic to watch people spout off at the mouth about people using 'drugs as a crutch' while they suck down their third espresso.

    But hey, you want to live as 'clean' as you can, feel free. But that doesn't mean that the rest of the world is stupid for not living the way you choose to.

    I mean personally, I like to enjoy and experience life. That includes drinking sometimes, using some drugs, having some sex, jumping off of cliffs, dropping over waterfalls, falling out of planes, etc, etc. After all, as one of my most favorite quotes says: "Life's journey isn't to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but to slide in sideways, worn out, beat up, and totally spent, screaming 'Holy ****! What a ride!'. "

    I mean, on my deathbed, do you think I'm going to sit and smile about all the pleasure I denied my body so that I wouldn't 'harm' it? **** no. I'm going to reminisce about all the ****ing fun I've had abusing the **** out of it. But that's just me. You want to live a 'safer' life with less risk, that's your choice. I don't consider you stupid for it. Just different than me. You should try and understand others are not going to make the same choices you do, and that's doesn't mean they're 'stupid'.

  3. #163
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    In the end, if you have to drink, snort, ingest or inject something into your body to make you feel good about yourself, there's something seriously wrong with you.
    Who ever does any of that to 'feel good about themselves'?

    Anyone? Anyone?

    Beuller?

    That's what I thought. No one.

    Just burned your strawman for ya there, bud. You're welcome.

  4. #164
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by rivrrat
    Which is actually worse for you
    It's essentially flavored water. No sugar, no caffeine, no calories. Not worse for you at all.

    No, she's trying to point out that everyone has a vice. For instance, I find it hilariously ironic to watch people spout off at the mouth about people using 'drugs as a crutch' while they suck down their third espresso.
    I'd agree with you. Oh wait, I don't drink coffee either.

    But hey, you want to live as 'clean' as you can, feel free. But that doesn't mean that the rest of the world is stupid for not living the way you choose to.
    It has nothing to do with how I choose to live, this whole thread is about an opinion. I gave mine. It's sad that so many people have to attack others for their opinions because they apparently aren't really comfortable with their life choices. If someone wants to do things that I think are stupid, they can go ahead. What I think about it shouldn't matter. When it so obviously does to so many people, then I have to wonder what's going on in their heads.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  5. #165
    Goddess of Bacon

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Charlottesville, VA
    Last Seen
    05-28-12 @ 09:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    13,988

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It's essentially flavored water. No sugar, no caffeine, no calories. Not worse for you at all.
    If it has artificial sweetener in it, yes it is worse for you.


    I'd agree with you. Oh wait, I don't drink coffee either.
    I never said you did.


    It has nothing to do with how I choose to live, this whole thread is about an opinion. I gave mine. It's sad that so many people have to attack others for their opinions because they apparently aren't really comfortable with their life choices. If someone wants to do things that I think are stupid, they can go ahead. What I think about it shouldn't matter. When it so obviously does to so many people, then I have to wonder what's going on in their heads.
    No dear, it doesn't matter to me in the slightest what you think. Why the hell would it?

    We're just pointing out that what you think is ignorant, short-sighted, and wrong, that's all. That's just our opinion, of course.

  6. #166
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Ummm... no... please show some evidence of this.
    I have a PhD in physics. Q.E.D

    *coughs*
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    virginia
    Last Seen
    04-01-13 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    16,881
    Blog Entries
    19

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I have a PhD in physics. Q.E.D

    *coughs*
    A little off topic but I have a degree in enemas.

  8. #168
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    I have three degrees in burns.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I beg to differ and since this thread is about opinion, I'm entitled to it. I think all people who smoke are stupid too. There's a point at which performing an act is just dumb, regardless of the people who do it. Shooting up heroin, no matter who does it, is an idiotic act.

    In the end, if you have to drink, snort, ingest or inject something into your body to make you feel good about yourself, there's something seriously wrong with you.
    What if we're not doing to "feel good about ourselves"? What if we're doing it because we simply enjoy the sensations, or maybe because it helps alleviate anxiety? Do you honestly think it's as simple as pot smokers = stupid? Do I strike you as a stupid person?

  10. #170
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: People Who Smoke Marijuana Are...

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Then a lot of DPers can avoid that by not being stupid. Easy how that works.
    "Stupid" is relative.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •