View Poll Results: Multiple Choice

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I trust the government overall

    10 17.86%
  • No, I do not trust the government overall

    37 66.07%
  • Yes, I trust the Republicans or Democrats

    4 7.14%
  • No, I do not trust the Republicans or Democrats

    26 46.43%
  • Yes, this could be a turning point and opening for 3rd parties

    12 21.43%
  • No, 3rd parties will never be a viable or realistic option

    14 25.00%
  • I agree overall with CBS' poll results

    15 26.79%
  • I disagree overall with CBS' poll results

    1 1.79%
  • Other - explain

    9 16.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Do you trust the Government?

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Trust the government? That's laughable - truly absurd.

    I don't trust regular strangers, let alone ones with power and authority.

  2. #32
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Trust the government? That's laughable - truly absurd.

    I don't trust regular strangers, let alone ones with power and authority.
    That's the point.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  3. #33
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    Add to that the fact that most politicians want to buy votes. So they will say whatever as long as it gets them votes. Which is one of the reason why they think they are smarter than us. Because they get away with talking bs and no one holds them responsible so they know they can get away with everything.

    And you'd be surprised how many people wouldn't survive with the government acting as nannies. What is the number of families on welfare? And times that by three or four because that usually makes the realisitc size of the family. And then boom! Half the population supports the other half and then what?
    I mainly agree here. I will say that there are potentially capable adults who are completely clueless but that is a direct result of generational welfare, their very initiative and skillsets have been denied them by being conditioned to accept government handouts.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    I do trust my government....
    Then you're just naive. There is no reason to trust someone you don't know, especially when they have guns and tanks.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    What alternatives are there to govt. You do realise they do most evrything they can, background checks, interviews, etc, to place the best people they can in their positions of power. Idk too much about domestic politics I assume maybe some people are appointed for ideological reasons. Or maybe that was just the last administration.

  6. #36
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    What alternatives are there to govt. You do realise they do most evrything they can, background checks, interviews, etc, to place the best people they can in their positions of power. Idk too much about domestic politics I assume maybe some people are appointed for ideological reasons. Or maybe that was just the last administration.
    There is no alternative to some government, it's how much power you bestow it with that is at the heart of the argument. I don't trust a large, all encompassing and authoritative government, it will lead to either tyranny or soft tyranny.

    The mark of a successful government is to facilitate a very small and limited protection against violations of natural rights which would occur during an anarchal period due to human nature. Where many societies fail is to take the concept of natural rights to far, whether through blind emotion, a desire to gain power by using the good in us to grow government for these "rights", or a combination of the two. Either way, a government that is large enough to handle all aspects of your life is large enough to control all aspects of your life, thus liberty becomes lessened.

    Which is why I don't trust government. Also, as per appointees, most of them are incompetant, however we sometimes are granted a temporary reprieve by true statesmen or qualified individuals, but more often than not we are treated to idiots who knew the right people and kissed the right........well, you get the point.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #37
    
    TheGirlNextDoor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-14 @ 02:31 AM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,033
    Blog Entries
    21

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    Then you're just naive. There is no reason to trust someone you don't know, especially when they have guns and tanks.
    ... and a coin purse they want to put OUR money into.
    Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice....shame on me.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Thats Arrr munny!




    and dey took our jarbs...

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    Thats Arrr munny!




    and dey took our jarbs...
    It is our money. The only people who think otherwise are statist leftists.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    What alternatives are there to govt. You do realise they do most evrything they can, background checks, interviews, etc, to place the best people they can in their positions of power. Idk too much about domestic politics I assume maybe some people are appointed for ideological reasons. Or maybe that was just the last administration.
    Who said anything about getting rid of the government? Why is it that anytime someone suggests that the government is too big and not to be trusted they are automatically assumed to be an anarchist?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •