View Poll Results: Multiple Choice

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I trust the government overall

    10 17.86%
  • No, I do not trust the government overall

    37 66.07%
  • Yes, I trust the Republicans or Democrats

    4 7.14%
  • No, I do not trust the Republicans or Democrats

    26 46.43%
  • Yes, this could be a turning point and opening for 3rd parties

    12 21.43%
  • No, 3rd parties will never be a viable or realistic option

    14 25.00%
  • I agree overall with CBS' poll results

    15 26.79%
  • I disagree overall with CBS' poll results

    1 1.79%
  • Other - explain

    9 16.07%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Do you trust the Government?

  1. #21
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    I do trust my government....and I am wide awake.
    The problems are ignorance and fear of the people, not the government.
    But, can "government" do better?
    You betcha""..
    Can people do better?
    Ditto.
    How?
    Learn good English and communication skills, then participate, ask pointed questions, assume nothing.
    Both government and the people must ask themselves this .."Have I done the best possible job"?
    The answer should be NO - every time.
    The problems are ignorance and fear of the people? You gotta be kidding me! Do you work for the government?
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #22
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Statesmen are rare, and politicians suck. That being said, I subscribe to the founders notion that government is a necessary evil which must be of as minimal of scope as possible. I love our country, I hate what our government has become over the years, it's a bloated, fat, glutton in need of a diet. Republicans and Democrats are all responsible for the situation, they'll both grow the scope of government for their own niche issues.
    There comes a time when it is up to people to protect the very thing that we are all about in this country.


    I find it sad that we need babysitters. We should be able to handle a non-government world but are not there yet. And the folks that are suppose to protect us from ourselves do a crappy job. Our current system does not work.

    I know there will come a day when the Government is no longer needed but will probably be dead by then
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  3. #23
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,801

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I trust them more than I trust the alternative.
    that is sort of a revealing expose of the leftwing mindset

    Libs often complain about the wealth being concentrated in the hands of the industrious, the hardworking and the fortunate. So their solution is to concentrate all wealth in the hands of the federal government via confiscatory taxation and a death tax surcharge.



    many libs don't trust honest citizens to own firearms so their solution is to give the government ( and a major Dem constituency-criminals) a complete monopoly on firepower.

    a large number of libs don't trust private citizens to save for retirement, homsechool their children, etc--once again, their solution is to give the government control over such things.

    true-some conservatives don't trust people in their own bedroom but the faith based support of the government is mostly a leftwing thing



  4. #24
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Government should never be trusted, only remotely tolerated.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  5. #25
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that is sort of a revealing expose of the leftwing mindset

    Libs often complain about the wealth being concentrated in the hands of the industrious, the hardworking and the fortunate. So their solution is to concentrate all wealth in the hands of the federal government via confiscatory taxation and a death tax surcharge.

    many libs don't trust honest citizens to own firearms so their solution is to give the government ( and a major Dem constituency-criminals) a complete monopoly on firepower.

    a large number of libs don't trust private citizens to save for retirement, homsechool their children, etc--once again, their solution is to give the government control over such things.

    true-some conservatives don't trust people in their own bedroom but the faith based support of the government is mostly a leftwing thing
    Conservatives also do not trust Arabs, black people or anybody without a Christian armband on them. Yay for Turtle's generalizations.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  6. #26
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,801

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    Conservatives also do not trust Arabs, black people or anybody without a Christian armband on them. Yay for Turtle's generalizations.
    that is rather silly given the fact I am an agnostic with christian and jewish heritage. dems don't trust black people-that is why dems push affirmative action because they don't think blacks are smart enough to make it on their own merit and industry

    I can prove my generalizations are accurate given the laws and policies the left in the USA supports. Who pushes most for confiscatory taxes? Answer the dems. Which party has sponsored EVERY federal gun restriction-answer, the dems. which party pushed through socialist security-answer the dems. which party opposes school vouchers and whines the most about home schooling-answer-the same party that has the NEA as one of its major supporters-the dems.



  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    I have known lots of people that have worked in the government, the dept of Justice, State, DoD, the pentagon. They are quite professional. And most of these people who 'fear' the government cant rationally comprehend what goes into government. Unfortunately politicians are the face of government. Do I trust the government, overall, yes more than no. It beats the Russian government.

  8. #28
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    There comes a time when it is up to people to protect the very thing that we are all about in this country.


    I find it sad that we need babysitters. We should be able to handle a non-government world but are not there yet. And the folks that are suppose to protect us from ourselves do a crappy job. Our current system does not work.

    I know there will come a day when the Government is no longer needed but will probably be dead by then
    The biggest problem isn't really that we need babysitters, it is that current politicians think they are smarter than us and we would not survive without them acting as adult nannies. The biggest flaw with that thinking is that most citizens are perfectly capable of running their own lives, and apparantly are much smarter than politicians.

    The second problem comes from politicians acting like we owe them, or like they are the ultimate power, when, in fact we are their employers. The best example are the town hall meetings and some of the statements from the last decade. Harry Reid saying "tourists stink", or some of the statements that "we will like certain legislation after we realize what it does" even when we have said en masse that we don't want it and it will not help.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    The biggest problem isn't really that we need babysitters, it is that current politicians think they are smarter than us and we would not survive without them acting as adult nannies. The biggest flaw with that thinking is that most citizens are perfectly capable of running their own lives, and apparantly are much smarter than politicians.

    The second problem comes from politicians acting like we owe them, or like they are the ultimate power, when, in fact we are their employers. The best example are the town hall meetings and some of the statements from the last decade. Harry Reid saying "tourists stink", or some of the statements that "we will like certain legislation after we realize what it does" even when we have said en masse that we don't want it and it will not help.
    Add to that the fact that most politicians want to buy votes. So they will say whatever as long as it gets them votes. Which is one of the reason why they think they are smarter than us. Because they get away with talking bs and no one holds them responsible so they know they can get away with everything.

    And you'd be surprised how many people wouldn't survive with the government acting as nannies. What is the number of families on welfare? And times that by three or four because that usually makes the realisitc size of the family. And then boom! Half the population supports the other half and then what?

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: Do you trust the Government?

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I have known lots of people that have worked in the government, the dept of Justice, State, DoD, the pentagon. They are quite professional. And most of these people who 'fear' the government cant rationally comprehend what goes into government. Unfortunately politicians are the face of government. Do I trust the government, overall, yes more than no. It beats the Russian government.
    I don't have anything against people who work for the DoD-you are aware that the DoD and pentagon are the same thing-justice department, state, the thing is that the top is normally crooked. Which is the problem. The crooks protect other crooks.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •